Darktide is in DESPERATE need of a crafting system or shop reroller

The lack of ANY player control over what weapons are available to them is ruining my experience with this game.

Currently, we have no control over what weapons spawn in the 1hour and 24hour shops. Nothing we can do will speed up the reset and we have no way of filtering out any weapons or influencing what spawns. I’ve checked the 1hour shop regularly for days now and have set to see more than a handful of eviserators, 1handed chainswords, braced autoguns, thunderhammers, or bolters. Of these weapons that do spawn, they are routinely riddled with poor stats or useless perks that we currently can’t be used. Why should i buy a chainsword that has technically higher stats than my current one when its penetration and damage are half that of a “lower level” one??
Why was the vermintide crafting system shelved? Why is there no reroll function in the shop like that of the weekly quests? Why does doing a mission not give us the option to reset the shop? Why are both shops so limited in their offerings?
I know i sound like im just whining, but the weapon system is just completely out of the players hands right now. NOTHING we do can influence what shows up other than waiting. Playing the game, once enough currency is accumulated, doesn’t speed up what weapons spawn at all. Yes, you can get rewards from missions, but those are even MORE random than the shops and most of the time don’t drop at all.
I’ve found myself completely unmotivated to play the game at all at this point once my weekly quests are finished. Why bother other than checking in a few times per day to see if better gear is available? Currently, my kit isn’t strong enough to do level 4 and 5 missions and i’m gated out of progression in a way completely out of my own control.
Why is this even the case? Why do the devs want us stuck just waiting for gear? What are they trying to prevent us from doing? How is this meant to be more fun? I can’t figure it out!

Please please please, Fatshark, give us a way to influence loot drops. Whether thats the fantastic crafting of vermintide 2 or at the very least bigger shop pools and a reroll function. Please just give us some way to influence it. It’s making what is honestly an extremely fun game unbearable right now.

2 Likes

Furthermore, the mixing of primary weapons, secondary weapons, and curios into a single pool is maddening. When you are desperately in need of a new secondary weapon but are happy with your primary, seeing 80% of the pool being primary weapons that are worse than what you currently have makes me want to pull my hair out.
I’d love to see the shop be seperated into 3 tabs and have each pool exist seperately from the other.

3 Likes

This is singlehandedly my biggest complaint. Theres a lot of weapons that generally seem enjoyable to use but instead kf experimenting with diferent weapons we’re forced to minimize risks and only go with what we know we want.

3 Likes