Crashed one minute into mission.
Crash Report (If Applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
- Loaded into mission.
- Crashed to Desktop.
Mission Name (If Applicable):
Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
12/04/2022 08:38am UC
Upload Console Log:
console-2022-12-04-08.21.01-133dadd9-52f2-4193-a346-49a9c2a09e22.log (38.9 KB)
console-2022-12-04-08.28.09-5fe7f3d3-a61f-4721-9a5a-f47434f3516a.log (110.0 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (771.8 KB)
This time after changing my virtual memory paging file to the drive the game was installed in.
Crashed in the hub.
Most common Exit Code is 0xC0000374.
Enabled Hardware Acceleration.
Got most of the way through a mission before crash after a burster exploded next to me.
Exit remains same.
console-2022-12-04-11.03.41-2c79383c-739b-4f86-86a0-f14c1fec89d4.log (85.1 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (864.9 KB)
Thank you for sharing my format, keep posting these in separate posts (ie, #1 #2 #3 #4 etc). It may not make a difference, but it FEELS like it makes more of a ‘stance’ than posting in the same post.
It doesn’t do anything other than make our lives harder. There is 2 of us in Technical Support. We know Darktide is broken. This achieves nothing, especially as most of your reports are the result of the same underlying issue.
If you are getting “Exit code: 0xC0000374”, your game crashes every 2, 5 or max 17mins and you are using an Administrator account as your login on Windows, please try the following (found it via a search for the above exit code in other Apps):
- Create another non-Admin Account on Windows (mine is linked to a different email address)
- Login to that Account
- Start up Steam and login with your Steam account
- See if Darktide is installed and run it (my installation must be shared across all Windows Accounts)
- Note1: You may have to put in the Administrator password for your Windows Administrator if prompted
- Note2: You may need to run Steam “As Administrator” once to get it working, then shut it down and run again as non-Admin
- Note3: You will not be able to go back to the Administrator account on Windows to run Darktide until they fix this
More info: It appears the C++ code that the Darktide game is built with is accessing a Windows DLL that has a known Administrator account issue. The above is the work around.
Good luck and may you be slaying heretics more often!