Potential Fix for Exit code: 0xC0000374 (Game crashes every few mins)

This is a potential fix post, others have noted the Error Code listed in the Topic heading already.

Potential Fix to the below Issue:
If you are getting “Exit code: 0xC0000374”, your game crashes every 2, 5 or max 17mins and you are using an Administrator account as your login on Windows, please try the following (found it via a search for the above exit code in other Apps):

1. Create another non-Admin Account on Windows (mine is linked to a different email address)
  2. Login to that Account
  3. Start up Steam and login with your Steam account
  4. See if Darktide is installed and run it (my installation must be shared across all Windows Accounts)
  5. Note1: You may have to put in the Administrator password for your Windows Administrator if prompted
  6. Note2: You may need to run Steam “As Administrator” once to get it working, then shut it down and run again as non-Admin
  7. Note3: You will not be able to go back to the Administrator account on Windows to run Darktide until they fix this
  8. Note4: Added after original post - I created a new local Administrator account to my PC and then used it to convert my original Windows Account to a Standard Account rather than Administrator, so far the game runs without a crash (only tried once, has lasted for over 20mins)

More info: It appears the C++ code that the Darktide game is built with is accessing a Windows DLL that has a known Administrator account issue. The above is the work around.

Good luck and may you be slaying heretics more often!

Issue Description:
Game crashes every 2-17 mins, inconsistent timing, different page file, virtual memory and other memory usage.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
Other post references:

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
Game crashes, every 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11… you get the point… inconsistently.
Exit code: 0xC0000374

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Login to Windows using Administrator Account
  2. Start up Darktide as above Windows User
  3. Crash every 2-17 mins, inconstant timing

Mission Name (If Applicable):
ALL

Platform:
Steam, Windows

Player ID:
NA

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
AESDT

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
NA

Upload Console Log:
NA

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
NA

Thank you for sharing, much appreciated!

1 Like

Additional update added to the original post re: switching the Windows Account to a Standard Account instead of Administrator.