This is a potential fix post, others have noted the Error Code listed in the Topic heading already.
Potential Fix to the below Issue:
If you are getting “Exit code: 0xC0000374”, your game crashes every 2, 5 or max 17mins and you are using an Administrator account as your login on Windows, please try the following (found it via a search for the above exit code in other Apps):
- Create another non-Admin Account on Windows (mine is linked to a different email address)
- Login to that Account
- Start up Steam and login with your Steam account
- See if Darktide is installed and run it (my installation must be shared across all Windows Accounts)
- Note1: You may have to put in the Administrator password for your Windows Administrator if prompted
- Note2: You may need to run Steam “As Administrator” once to get it working, then shut it down and run again as non-Admin
- Note3: You will not be able to go back to the Administrator account on Windows to run Darktide until they fix this
- Note4: Added after original post - I created a new local Administrator account to my PC and then used it to convert my original Windows Account to a Standard Account rather than Administrator, so far the game runs without a crash (only tried once, has lasted for over 20mins)
More info: It appears the C++ code that the Darktide game is built with is accessing a Windows DLL that has a known Administrator account issue. The above is the work around.
Good luck and may you be slaying heretics more often!
Game crashes every 2-17 mins, inconsistent timing, different page file, virtual memory and other memory usage.
Crash Report (If Applicable):
Other post references:
Error Displayed (If Applicable):
Game crashes, every 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11… you get the point… inconsistently.
Exit code: 0xC0000374
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to Windows using Administrator Account
- Start up Darktide as above Windows User
- Crash every 2-17 mins, inconstant timing
Mission Name (If Applicable):
Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Upload Supporting Evidence:
Upload Console Log: