Crafting Questions Compilation

Compiling some questions here so I don’t lose track of them. The itemization announcement thread is already long enough as it is. Just wanted to compile list of things people would like clarification on. I have tried to compile them and make some guesses based on the images I have seen and the blog.

1.) Mastery is not tied to a specific weapon in your inventory. It has it’s own progress per weapon family that includes all marks, that unlocks blessings and perks for that weapon family. Do I have that right?

2.) Is this per character/class? Or is this shared? (Mastery).

3.) How does mastery XP work? Do you get more for higher difficulty missions? What if you fail a run? Is it the same as XP and therefore do curios that increase XP gain also increase mastery gain? Does this mean XP curios increase mastery gain for a potential 90% bonus?

3b.) I assume this isn’t the case, but it’s been asked, does mastery only start after 30? I don’t think so, I would assume new players generate mastery while starting but I think people are looking for something explicit in regards to the new player experience.

4.)

I am assuming this is when we are browsing emperors gifts, or weapons to buy in the armoury/melks to see if we should acquire them as to how much of it we could change? Will all weapons be capable of getting to “380”? Is there a new max stat limit? I am assuming getting weapons with better bases will mean less mod points to spend on stats? Or if I get a 380 base can I max out all stats?

5.)

Those “modification” points that exist instead of the locks, do the numbers of mod points you have also increase with mastery (seems like 500 is the max and perks, blessings, and stats share that mod pool?). Like 6 mod points for perks, 38 for blessing 2 and 27 for blessing 1 (not sure if tier or something causes the difference) and 1 mod point per stat change. Do you get mod points back DECREASING a stat?

6.) Looking closer at this image… Can we go over some of these components?

6a.)If I am reading this right does “enhance” increase the potential stats of a weapon? For example is this the equivalent of bringing a 300 base weapon to a 380 base weapon by spending ordos and crafting materials? So if I find a “380” weapon at the armoury it’s “mastery” level is already 500? Does this also mean until my mastery is high enough I won’t be able to use some weapons from Melks and such?

6b.) Are the mod points for stats separate from perks and blessings? Looking at the above image it seems the stats are using 98/100 mod points but the blessings and perks are using 77/100? Are these separate pools? They use the same symbol so just wanted clarity.

7.) And looking at that, are stats able to go past 80%?

8.) The mod costs for perks, blessings, and stats are those costs always there even when you acquire the weapon or is it based on changing them? Do I save myself 38 mod points by never changing the original blessing I found on the weapon, or does the blessing for that original weapon always “cost” 38 points?

9.) How are perk and blessing costs calculated? Higher tiers I am sure cost more; but do certain types of blessings cost more points if they’re seen as better as a way to balance them?

11.) How we acquire “base” weapons (Through brunts, armoury, and melks) is unchanged, those will still exist as are with modifier spread, rotating stores, etc.? I am assuming they will still have perks and blessings on them pre loaded (some of them).

12.) What’s the max mastery rank and expected time to get there? The article that was outdated mentioned an expected 5-8 hours per weapon family, is this still accurate?

13.)

I see mastery ranks and blessings with locks on tiers. Do you choose which blessings you want unlocked with those mastery points? If so I think this will alleviate a lot of the concerns people have about missing the blessings they had if during the migration they get enough mastery points to unlock all the blessings at the tiers they had originally unlocked.

14.) Do current weapons go away? Our blessing library is getting converted into mastery but people seem worried about losing access to current weapons with blessings they won’t have unlocked via mastery. From what I am reading current weapons won’t be impacted but if you choose to try and change a blessing you won’t have it available to choose from.

15.)

This could have worked if you could buy/convert resources into the new resource. Or if it was attached to player level.

16.) Does this mean we won’t ever get reds? Is there a plan for this?

Stealing two questions I don’t think I adequately asked similarly enough from here:

17.)

I think getting an understanding of how much mastery we can expect is a good idea. If I completed my blessing library for all weapon marks in that family, does that men I will have max mastery rank for that weapon family? Is it impossible to get max mastery rank before the switch?

18.)

I know numbers won’t be final, but maybe a ball park of what we are expecting for costs in diamantine and plasteel and what exactly will cost what for expertise will be useful. From what I am seeing max mastery unlocks all available perks and blessings and give you max mod point pool (500? Or 100 for stats and 100 for perks and blessings?) and then you find bases with good “potential” stats and change it how you want… but it would be good to see how that works with crafting resources.

19a.) pretty sure the answer is no, but some people want to know if you can gain mastery for another weapon while using another one (some people don’t want to use underpowered/under performing weapons and continue playing on the hardest difficulty).

19b.) More of a suggestion but looking through the thread, aside from continued RNG, the biggest concern is on their current progress being lost and not having max mastery. Maybe allowing a system that gives “universal” mastery points to allocate into a weapon family would alleviate this. Awarded by character level and/or penances so that players with thousands of hours and very high levels can max out masteries, and players can max out a weapon families mastery without being forced to use it if they just want to use “max” weapons without having to wait until they’re done the grind.

20.)

Pretty sure the answer is no, because it would cost resources to make those changes but would be good to know if you could explicitly have load outs where the perks/blessings are different on the same weapon. I would assume you would need two weapons.

21.)

22.) Blessing changes.

It seems like there will be 12 blessings per weapon (which makes sense if the mastery has a max rank and needs certain mile stones at each rank). So I would assume that there will be a massive balance patch to all weapon blessings. Some changed so much it would be like a removal. Some blessings don’t work or are pretty bad anyways.

23.)

I doubt it, it seems like it will be tied to blessing library only from the sounds of it. I think it would be good to have a levelling resource tied to player level you could spend on a weapon family of your choice.

24.) (I forget where I saw it asked) Is it possible to acquire all blessings at max mastery level?

I would assume so. This would be a silly thing if it were true that blessing libraries and extraction were removed and at max mastery you couldn’t use all blessings.

25.)

I would assume you would still get mastery XP for using the weapon even if it has blessings you haven’t unlocked. Also ties into whether you could extract blessings you don’t have unlocked yet for more mastery.

26.)

I am guessing reds may still be a thing? Hopefully they just allow it in this update to go past 80.

@FatsharkStrawHat if you have any answers to some or all of these it would be greatly appreciated! As Others have mentioned a guided video tutorial of someone using the system from beginning to end would also probably answer a lot of questions!

Thanks!

Additional details:

(Keep in mind the spanish article is considered out dated but it has some values not mentioned at all in the dev post.)

My personal presumptuous theory in how this will work assuming the best of Fatshark

I could be very wrong. But the way I am seeing it (from the GUI) and hoping is:

Mastery unlocks perks and blessings to select at your choice.
Mastery increases your max Mastery level (for weapons in that family)
Mastery increases your mod points (which are separate pools) for stats (to 100); and perks and blessings (to 100). So 200 mod points total but not interchangeable.

Expertise is swapping blessings and tiers you unlocked through mastery paying their mod cost (and likely with resources). Expertise also allow you to increase (maybe decrease?) stats up to a maximum. This maximum value is dependent on the max mastery level of that specific weapon. Enhancing it increases the stats and the maximum stat ceilings for that weapon.

You can buy weapons just as before and maybe use blessings you haven’t unlocked yet, but you need to have enough mastery to use it. You can no longer extract blessings.

Our current inventory will remain as is, our blessing library gets converted into mastery. Nothing else gets converted.

So the only random component left is stat distribution per weapon but not max/total stats (at least that you couldn’t enhance). And we can see the maximum potential stats after enhancing as a preview before buying weapons.

I have no idea whether mastery is shared across all characters.

26 Likes

If anyone has any questions they missed or insight/speculation let me know.

2 Likes

Great minds think alike, or fools never differ, because I literally just posted a similar thread.

4 Likes

Lol I know. 3 minutes apart. Look at that synchronization.

4 Likes

Honestly if this “enhance” mechanic can bring any weapon up to max base stats I don’t think randomized stats will be that big of a hurdle. As long as it’s not a case of a good base can always go “500” past when it was originally bought.

I thought I missed something but no. The dev blog doesn’t even mention the word “enhance” just the image.

2 Likes

Basically, what we’ve been told can probably vary pretty enormously.

If most existing players will have unlocked all the stuff with the new system, getting new weapons isn’t a drag/has means to bypass grinding ‘Mastery’, and the grind isn’t too burdensome, this’ll be a good update.

3 Likes

Question 6 reminds me of this:

I have everything unlocked so I can’t really show you but in Weaves you needed to upgrade the pot first before upgrading your amulet and weapons since the pot determined the maximum stuff you can allocate into your gear.

Traits consume 100 mastery points:

Whilst properties consume variable amounts of mastery depending on their effect:

^some effects take up 50 points, others 10, some 20-25.

The overall mastery that a weapon has is about 450 - which is determined by the level of your pot, see:

^that’s the pot right there

The genius with the system comes in how you can mix and match things depending on your preference. You can go full out and stack all the power vs stuff or you can do whatever. I myself like to always put in 1.0% Critical Chance because I’m silly like that. Or you can put in 5.0% Movement speed too. The system really opened up build making for me. Sadly it was never brought to the main game because reasons.

2 Likes

@FatsharkStrawHat

We really need some answers to these questions, or if the details are still being worked on an acknowledgement that the issue is a work-in-progress still.

There’s positive momentum behind the proposed changes, but also concerns that if left to boil over unanswered could undermine the efforts being made.

Please provide clarity to as much as you can and then reassess the comments and discussions.

7 Likes

Will mastery levelling incorporate the excess xp that players have been accruing for almost 20 months?

5 Likes

This guy presents some interesting questions that should be compiled:

4 Likes

Just wanted to say fantastic points and a great thread! :tada:

Imma take a look later when I have time if I can come up with anything to add. :heart:

2 Likes

Bruh no.

1 Like

Agreed. The “excess xp” has never had any value, giving us any progress based on that would be nothing short of blatant favoritism and a slap in the face of new or returning players. And I say that as someone with over 1.5k levels into psykers.

3 Likes

Totally agree.
They should just make it so that we have the option to feed diamantine into the weapon xp bar.
That way, we do not need to actually level each weapon family manually. Especially for new weapon releases, that would be annoying.

It would make the system better for everyone.
And those who have hoarded diamantine, can finally spend it on something useful.

2 Likes

We have an answer from one of their testers.

2 Likes

Here’s the scenario that I’m trying to understand:

Let’s say for a given weapon I have 10 of that type in my inventory. 1 or 2 are probably “good ones” that I use, with good stats/perks and the right tier 3/4 blessings. I probably have 50% of the blessings at each level in the blessings library. So far so good, assuming I can keep my “good” weapons. And then the blessing library translates into mastery.

But here’s the question: The rest of those weapon copies are probably ones with good base stats and probably one good tier 4 blessing (which maybe ISNT’T in the library yet) and then bad perks/blessings (so it’s a partial “bricked”) weapon.

What do I do with this brick? Should I just scrap it for the blessing library ahead of the patch so it adds to mastery? If the stats are great, I’d rather keep it and with the locks removed be able to swap around the other perks and blessings. Will we be able to modify our existing weapons anymore after the patch under the new system? What happens with blessings on existing weapons that aren’t unlocked in the mastery system? Do I keep this weapon as is? Do I extract the blessing in advance? Do I scrap it after the patch for resources?

@FatsharkStrawHat - These are the sorts of practical questions that players are grappling with trying to understand. And depending on how the system is intended to work could either be great, just fine, or a tragedy. We need more detail on the migration system and what happens with existing inventories.

3 Likes

no one asked if blessings you have on one or two weapons but have not earned also give mastery points, right?

1 Like

Correct. It’s weird because the the dev blog says:

we’re implementing a migration system to convert players’ current weapons and blessings into the new system

But then it goes on to say:

Here’s how it works: The blessing library of the weapon family will be converted into mastery progression. This means players will start the new systems with a head start in mastery…

… which makes no reference to your current weapons.

IMHO, this is 100% the greatest source of confusion in the dev blog. Why the heck can’t FS write accurately?

Do your weapons go away? Do blessing on weapons in your current inventory count towards mastery? What happens to blessings on weapons you haven’t unlocked via mastery? Is the weapon still usable?

So many questions stemming from this one ambiguity.

@FatsharkStrawHat (I’m going to keep giving you a friendly ping until this gets clarified). Thanks!

@FatsharkJulia

3 Likes

You mean if you use a weapon in a mission that has two blessings you haven’t unlocked through mastery yet, does using that weapon still give you “mastery xp”?

sure, either that or if its just collecting dust in your inventory.

1 Like