Summary of Questions the CMs should answer about Crafting

@FatsharkStrawHat @FatsharkQuickpaw @FatsharkCatfish

I’m putting this here because it might actually get seen.

Reading the thread (y’know, doing your jobs for you) about the itemization rework, the following questions very clearly need to be addressed:

1. Just how much of this ‘mastery’ system is getting completed with our existing inventories and how? Are specific T4 blessings unlocking the equivalents in the new system? Are our weapons getting junked and us starting over from scratch? There’s a lot of uncertainty about this system.

2. How long is the grind intended to be, and how severe is it going to be for new weapons? Are we being expected to spend 6-8 hours on each weapon family to unlock the tiers of blessings? Less? More? Will the average player getting to level 30 via Malice have unlocked most of the mastery of weapon families by the time he hits the level cap?

3. How exactly does expertise work? Is it locked to specific weapons? Applied via resource payments? Does it forcibly cap the effectiveness of new weapons? If so, how do you plan on encouraging players to use those new weapons at the difficulties they’re accustomed to?

4. What role will the shops play in the new system? With Melk and Brunt both relying on blessing acquisition, ditto Hadron, how will they change with a system built on leveling up a weapon via combat?

These need to be addressed, in detail, well before the update goes live.

This will either finish off your game or finally make it likeable for people. You cannot afford to screw it up, and you can’t afford to go silent right after posting this.

4 Likes

You might want to consolidate this into @brosgw thread about questions. He already has quite a few more in them.

2 Likes

I was 3 minutes too slow. @Ragnarok101 can steal mine and compile it if he wants to take on this task :stuck_out_tongue: I can delete mine after.

Do we even still get to have have regular items?
As in having 3 individual Mk V combat axes with different stats on them, for different loadouts.

Or do we get 1 weapon for each family, which we then customize?
How would that work with loadouts?
And why would they choose to go this route?
It should be much easier and better to just keep the individual items.

Nah bro you’re the Crafting Czar on this forum. Take mine instead

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.