Crafting changes: will weapons be more or less 'valuable' after the change?

Apologies if this has been answered; there’s a lot of posts out there.

Let’s say I have an Orange with a tier 4 blessing that I haven’t learned.

In terms of how many “mastery” points I would get, will it be better for me to render it now for the blessing (and therefore mastery later), or surrender the weapon AFTER the changes for the mastery points then?

( @FatsharkStrawHat )

I have some orange weapons with unlearned blessings that are still serviceable. But come the changes, I’m trying to work out whether I should give them up before hand for the longer term good, or wait out the changes, see where I am along the mastery progress bar, then decide whether to give them up.

as far as i know owned but not earned blessings will not contribute

Thank you, yes, I know that. But after the changes, we will be able to “cash - in” weapons to help move your weapon mastery along.

So the question is: is it worth more as a blessing now, more as a weapon after, or the same?

yes theyre adding in a sacrifice system for weapons that you have no use of.
I have only 2 t4 blessings for ogryn picks and i put the t4s on a bunch of picks i dont want so they’re more valuable to surrender

They’ve only said that sacrificing weapons can earn xp towards mastery and expertise, even possibly to those of a different weapon family. It’s been asked but not answered whether the stat total, perk and blessing levels of a weapon would affect the amount of xp granted by sacrificing it.

Appreciate the replies, but it doesn’t answer my question.

1. Blessing now = how many mastery points?
  2. Sacrificed Weapon later = how many mastery points?

If option one is worth 10 points and options two is worth 1 point, then I’m going to make a bee-line now to Hadron’s under-repair workshop to surrender them now. If they’re likely to be the same, then I will wait.

2 Likes

I would assume that a new blessing unlock is worth more mastery, than the sacrifice of a weapon for mastery.

I would too if it had blessings I already knew, but if it has an unlearned blessing on it … ? In the new world can I just surrender it then for equal worth that it’d have now.

Basically. Do I need to go do break stuff now. Just after a yes or no from FS :slight_smile:

Heyo! I just posted this on a similar Reddit thread:

We’ll be having an Itemization Overview dev blog with more details coming out this week should everything go as planned. I’ll tell ya now though, the general advice will be to keep your guns so they can be sacrificed. When it comes to the amount of blessings, if you have all of T4 and about 1/3 of T3, you will already be maxed out at mastery for that weapon family.

20 Likes

Thank you for your reply

If I am informed correctly, collected T2/T1 blessings will also count towards having mastered a certain weapon family even if (alot) less than T3 / T4?

Thing is, I’m sitting on millions of ordo dockets and I’m tempted to just buy blue weapons with T2/T1 blessings I dont already own from the armory.

I’m not doing anything wrong by doing so, right?

Thank you for your reply

Kind regards

1 Like

from the last crafting blog they posted. you needed ~80-70% of all blessings to get max mastery i’d stop after that

well, i have almost all t4 blessings for the old weapons. it’s just the bolt pistol, double barrel and the pickaxes where some blessings are missing, as i couldn’t be bothered with hadron’s brick factory any longer.

now i have a bolt pistol for example (from melk, on my psyker of all people) with 2x t4 blessings i don’t have in my blessings book yet. if i give that weapon to hadron now, i’ll be able to save only 1 of its 2 blessings.

or i could try the lottery and consecrate some pistols, eventually i’ll get another one with 1 of the 2 blessings i have on the gun from melk, so i can surrender both… but using the brick factory is even less appealing now.

It’s a great question. But while I can’t be sure, I have to imagine unlocking the blessing before the migration would be worth a lot more.

• They said earlier that having a full T4 library unlocked will net you the full mastery for that weapon (iirc, or at least really close)
    • Most weapons only have ~8 T4 blessings or so
  • Unlocking T4 blessings rn is a LOT harder than just getting any max rarity of that weapon in general (random T4 blessings or not)
  • After the migration our blessing library will reset, so that one blessing will be unlikely to have any extra value any longer

If it had the same value after the migration as now, anyone could basically go from 0 > max Mastery by sacrificing a tiny handful of gold weapons. That seems very unlikely considering how abundant & easy gold weapons are to earn, buy or craft, and it would just make the whole system superfluous since even fresh newbies would max out everything in less than a week.

Ofc. I’m making some assumptions here, so like I said can’t be sure. But pretty sure tho. :joy:

Heyo! Yes, T2/T1 blessings will also count towards having a mastered weapon. They just have a different weighted value. :slight_smile:

You’re doing nothing wrong!

5 Likes

Did you guys reconsider the 380 modifier cap for weapons?

Maybe allow us to upgrade all of the 5 base stats to 80, when the weapon family is fully mastered (400 modifier cap)?
It can be expensive to upgrade past 380.

3 Likes

Please this makes too much sense

Umm… Anything for all of them? Maybe Super-Mastery?
(it does the samething as plain mastery but with yellow flashing hairdo)

2 Likes

you will get your shitty one color weapon skin dont worry

You have not been with us since beta… or have you?
Attitude says yes… but I’m not sure.
Remember beta/skulls/and other event that I’ve forgot helmets?
And lack of cover art armor?
And how long it took to address that?

It’s better to start nagging now.
Squeaky wheel and all that.

Less, obviously.