A Question on the Crafting Overhaul

Like, I haven’t been paying enough attention, so…
Should we burn all the mats before it hits live servers?
Farming the circlies is an arduous task and my next spur of the moment “let’s try to get a pristine ilvl 370+ orange” drains mats which take weeks to grind.

Dont get rid of any items you want to fix, I also been buying up any weapons I see in Brunts and Sire Melks that have dumpy bricky stats and have blessings at T1, T2, and T3 if I don’t have them already so I take them to Hadron to redeem so I won’t have to grind the circles on the crafting (re)work.

It is definitely good to have all of your crafting materials stocked up regardless to aid in any crafting and fixes you will wish to do

i dont think so. dont see any need to burn mats we will still be using them and i think the new version will be more efficient.

definitely dont go destroying weapons you use they will be kept as is post change.

spares and junk with blessing that can be cashed in probably should be. and any easy to get blessings should be cashed in by that i mean swing by brunts check his blue weapons see if there’s any low tier bless’s you can buy to cash in.

1 Like

Valid question. FS has said that blessings would be earnable through playing and leveling up a weapon, while upgrading weapon stats would be done through diamantine.

Unfortunately, we dont even know if the current blessings we’ve gotten would even stay as it’s likely our weapons/blessings would be fully reset based on the overhaul’s “leveling criteria.”

Either way, its probably best not to burn mats.

If anything, keep doing Brunts rolls, who knows if they might change that as well.

1 Like

In the crafting rework Q&A they did say that all progress that’s already been made by experienced players will stay! Unlocked Blessings will be there Unlocked

Like thank Emprah!
About 3-5 months ago I decided to collect all blessings…
Needless to say I failed.
I had tried the brute way of enchanting blanks but a couple of mils had given very little progress.
So I tried scourging armoury every hour (if I could) and weekly store every day.
That’s a much more effective way to chance a blessing but the gameplay is so riveting that I really want to uninstall DT.
Give us the crafting overhaul!

1 Like

Time to burn mats then

Short summary is that nothing is lost, we keep all of our gear with the same perks & blessings as-is.

What’s new however:

• You need to re-learn how to actually apply any blessings via the new Mastery system. When it goes live, your currently unlocked blessings are converted into Mastery for a headstart.
  • Mastery is weapon family based (just like how blessings are right now). So if you want to prepare, you want to unlock as many blessings of each tier as you can for each weapon. The system itself seems to be a basic level based progression system where for each level of Mastery you get X points. You can then use those points to unlock the blessings you choose for that family. If you want say, Slaughterer IV, you have to unlock tiers I - III first.
  • Expertise is the new crafting system where you apply perks & blessings to weapons, just like it works now. But what’s new is that you can also upgrade weapons themselves, raising their base stats to 380 max.
  • After the system goes live, looting works the same as now. So you can still buy or get reward gear with blessings you don’t have, and use them just fine.

So:

You keep everything you have as-is, but lose the ability to change them any further until you’ve leveled enough Mastery. To prepare, unlock as many blessings as you can before the patch goes live and make sure your best weapons are configured right instead of being stuck with some bad trial blessings you forgot to change out of. Then save all the resources you can so you can afford to play around with the changes.

Also note that the patch will feature a whole swathe of new blessings and likely balance changes to old blessings, weapons and talents. So make sure to look long and hard on what’s changed before choosing what you want to unlock. Based on previous patches going for the same meta blessings first thing will almost certainly be a mistake.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing this with any dump stated/bricked weapons purchased in Brunts (non-rng/gacha) and Melks that have T1 to T3 blessings if I have not unlocked them yet. Some daresay careful shopping tactics there lol. At this time its helping as I am way past level 30 and over 1,150 hours of cumulative gameplay. Been seeing alot of T1 and T2 blessings on some lately I nabbed with Ordo Dockets.

Do we have a date?

ok, so i’m sitting here on hundreds of 370+ weapons for each character and a mountain of materials and melk bucks because i see no point in wasting them with the old system.

let’s say i want 2x tier 4 blessings on a new weapon. for example BM4 andd headtaker4 on an axe.
this is a point that has not been made completely clear:
do i ALSO need to own tier 1, 2 and 3 of those blessings then?

just asking because there was no point in also collecting the lower tiers of a blessing until now when you have its tier 4, and now i spent a lot of dockets to rip lower tier blessings from brunt’s, just in case.

1 Like

Kinda. Blessings already unlocked will be converted into mastery points that you can use to unlock them again - or use the points to buy different ones eg that power cycler blessing you had been chasing.

1 Like

Given the context I’m not sure I understand. Like I said earlier, “If you want say, Slaughterer IV, you have to unlock tiers I - III first.” But it may be more than that like needing to unlock X blessings per tier first before getting access to the next tier, etc. I based my guess on this quote:

Either way, you can’t jump directly to Tier 4 blessings. You move through the lower tiers first.

If you’re talking about the migration however, we don’t know any specifics about the currency exchange. But for a whole lot of reasons I think it’s very likely something like ‘blessing’ x ‘tier’ = ‘Mastery xp’. So Slaughterer IV will be worth more than III, nvm I. Either way, I’m sure all blessing tiers will have value so you should unlock them if you can. How much value, and whether it’s worth wasting money nvm. materials to farm them? That’s another question entirely. The stores are super cheap tho so spending the 10k or whatever for blues & checking Melk’s for blessings you don’t have yet is probably a good idea.

1 Like

My best hopes is before 12th of September 2024, Space Marine II is releasing on September 9, 2024, which shouldn’t distract from Darktide, yet there will be many players that purchased SM2 that will be occupied alot, so hopefully it comes between August 29-September 9th, we know for sure its coming and FS post-vacation seems to be keeping some things hidden as a surprise for us (knowing with SotMG they definitely revealed alot of things with revamps of prior maps, alongside the new weapons, and the Inter-zone Clandestium Gloriana map)

I am getting excited knowing this free dlc/new update patch and itemization rework is going to be bundled with some goodies I’m excited to see when they’re revealed (new unlockable special weapons cosmetics!)
I’m also curious if they will include more of those trinkets that are decorative on the weapons (I still been working on the penances that unlock the Krillhawk Claw which is hard to get bc I haven’t been able to accomplish Frenzied Killer fully, and the Winged Duty Trinket as well been hard to attain due to being unable to accomplish Untouchable)

More than anything the new weapon cosmetics and hopes of where they will offer more basic plain color pallette choices in the Commissary.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.