Craftable Reds - Please consider a rethink on the illusion issue

I’m not saying I would be “unhappy” in that scenario, but I do recognize the fun in not everything being accessible. It’s fun to jokingly lord over your friends with a cool new (or VT2’s case kind of tacky) skin they don’t have. This would be undermined rather fast if they could just go “hold my beer” and create the exact skin in half a minute.

On the other hand you could also argue that “no one would be unhappy to have everything as soon as you first log in”. I guess you would find people be unhappy: eg. the type of posts that go “There’s no incentive to play anymore”, because there’s no more flashy loot they can get. You could project those complaints back onto this: If it makes things “too easy” (subjective) it eats at the fun.

I personally don’t care much either way. If I have the patience I tend to change a red skin to something not glowy (granted I do like some of them and often times don’t have the patience).

This is true. But that’s only half-a-minute provided they’ve already put in… 10 hours? … of playing time to have 5 red dupes handy. Could be more, could be less. But it’s not trivial, at least not to me.

3 Likes

The “joke” is eventually going to die provided they keep playing for long enough. Allowing to get them [skins] quicker would kill it faster. However, I don’t think people are wrong to want to be able to get a skin for 10 h playtime (it’s an opinion after all). I only argued against the presupposition that no one would be unhappy to get a skin in addition to the crafted weapon. But this doesn’t really come down to arguments because it’s about what people like. As shown by the extrapolated case of “getting everything instantly” it’s not a clear-cut case of “more is better”.

1 Like

I think not applying red illusions to crafted reds is a good middle-ground and still gives the “RNG-reds” some kind of value of their own. That said, I think you should be able to apply red illusions you already own to crafted reds.

You can apply any found illusion to a crafted red, so that’s already the case.

Didn’t work when I tested it on a red handgun I crafted. I already have red handguns with red illusions, didn’t have the option to apply.

Sounds like you make a bug report then.

Alrighty, good to know that it should work like that. Will do, cheers.

Any step away from RNG is a positive one for me. I’m just stoked I can get a couple more reds I don’t have to waste so much time re-rolling for.

1 Like

Same, the purple illusions solve the ‘glowy’ issue while the ‘functional red’ solves the dupes.

3 Likes

Not it does not!

if I destroy FIVE REAL REDS. I expect to at least get ONE REAL RED back! Not “one fake red”.

1 Like

Oh shіt, you don’t say! There is one problem, DLC boxes gives you RANDOM ITEM FOR A RANDOM CAREER! In fact I have shіtload of skins and illusions for careers I don’t play and I havo 0 DLC illusions for a character I play the most.

So for me it solves nothing, just adds another layer of RNG on top of all another RNG.

2 Likes

Not to mention those illusions require purchasing the DLC, are hard time-gated, and only come with one version of the respective blue illusions.

So hopefully it’s the alternate coloring of the red illusion you like/wanted instead of the one you don’t.

You’re right, maybe ‘solves’ is too generous of a word.
‘Provides another rng-based alternative with a chance of solving the issue’ was just a bit too wordy.

1 Like

Aye, for sure.
I definitely understand why people want the “glowy bits.”
Just adding my personal opinion on the matter.
If they keep it how it is…I am fine with it.
If they change it to the upgrades getting the red illusio n…I am fine with it.
So I guess I am a bit ambivalent in regards to this topic.

I suppose…the glowing bits on crafted reds is just not something that really makes a difference to me.
I just care about the stats.

I do understand and sympathize with both sides of the argument.

1 Like

As far as I am aware, each veteran weapon has a default model + runes as well as unique models with more glow effects.

Would FS consider just giving crafted reds the generic model + runes while leaving the unique models as loot rewards? That seems like a fair middle ground. The actual cosmetics people grind for will still be a slot machine but people who put the time in (5 reds) that aren’t lucky can still show off that they earned some veteran weapons as well.

I like that idea, too. I don’t know if it’s true but I someone had commented that this isn’t the case for every weapon, which would make it impractical as a “right now” solution if true.

2 Likes

You have it backwards…reds are valuable because of the perfect stats, we don’t care about illusions

1 Like

You don’t speak for everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.