Cosmetics are a myth for Collector's Edition owners

Did they have to sell us an unfinished game though?

1 Like

“How should we treat all our early adopters, who are basically beta testers who paid us for the privilege?”
“Iunno… just make drop rates super bad so they never get anything they want so they never leave.”

They’ve created a system where the most efficient means of being rewarded for your efforts is to simply not play because this is eventually going to be fixed. It will have the opposite effect on player retention than they’re hoping for.

4 Likes

Just posting for measurements sake, CE owner 200+ hours 1 red 1 cosmetic, I play Champion for relaxation and Legend for cosmetic/redfarm/grind.

Yeah I’m just not playing until a contract board type system gets added lol. I imagine I’ll be seeing most of you in game again in July.

1 Like

I might go back to V1 for my Vermintide fix until then as well. I do still need to unlock Trials of the Foolhardy so I can finish off my achievements.

Battletech’s out tomorrow and Monster hunter world has had excellent events all month so my free times pretty filled out for the next while haha. Thank God the MH team has enough weight to just do whatever they want with their games, because they knocked it out of the park with mhw

1 Like

That’s not what I said at all. I said, it seems like anyone that bought the Collector’s Edition in Beta doesn’t have a chance at cosmetics (other than the additional skins from CE). Most of us, when we bought the CE were “bugged” and didn’t get the skins we were supposed to – they eventually patched that.

Based on posts here, plenty of CE owners do have cosmetic drops and it’s probably just RNG – but based on past experience with CE and those cosmetics it could also be a bug for Beta CE owners.

Because I have roughly a dozen reds (3 red charms, 1 red necklace, 4 red trinkets, Salty’s red repeater pistol, Bardin’s red single handed axe, red Drakefire Pistols, and two red Drakeguns with different skins – the only real “dupe” on these “unique items” is the Lucky Rat’s Skull trinket), this probably means I’ve rolled those reds instead of a cosmetic. It’s hard to say but it just seems off that somebody with nearly 400 hours and probably 800 earned chests (based on that time, and the time per round) plus the however many hundred commendation chests (which apparently do not drop cosmetics regardless of what people have been saying on the Steam forums) hasn’t seen one pop.

Ah well, I’ll keep seeing if I ever get a cosmetic. I still get enjoyment out of the game even with all it’s bugs and all the salty randoms with larger egos than game ability in most cases. Thank goodness for the Steam friends list right?

Thanks everyone for your comments and info on having CE and getting or not getting a cosmetic!

1 Like

Didnt say you said that either :smiley:

I just said it would be a pretty dickish move from FS if they would increase drop chances for cosmetics for People that buy the collectors edition / buys more stuff in general ^^

CE owner here. Preordered as well. Lots of cosmetics. At least 4 saltz, 2 Bardin, 3 krub, 0 Sienna, 0 elf.

CE owner too, 129 hours, a mask for kruber and a salty hat.

im not gonna buy any cosmetics if they implement micro transactions. no problem spending money on DLC’s but one of the major draws for me to keep playing (besides fun factor) is to unlock reds and cosmetics, im already a little salty about the preorder recolor skins. same with quests. . . just recolor skins, like, really?

CE owner here, played from closed beta, around 400 hrs - 1 cosmetic (ranger helmet with eyebrow, wow…)

CE checking in. 1K hours(a lot is AFK), two cosmetics. 1 being a BH hat that I got 3 days after launch, when it was even more impossible to get. Only 1 since the so called “increased drop rate” patch.

CE owner, about 400 hours

1 footknight (the best one)
1 pyromancer (just 3 candles)
1 bountyhunter (the strange one)
1 handmaiden (a horny one)
1 Huntsman (for the kings glory!)

All within 50-60 hours after the cosmetic/ Red Patch… Not a Single 1 before. But i was even a Lucky one on reds before the patch… got all saltz melees + trinkets.

So… luckaccount…

Standard game here, 9 Kerillian hats… which I got in the span of 30 hours after the challenges patch. Haven’t got any more in 100+ hours, but I’m sure I have all of her hats, as I’ve seen no evidence of there being any more than 3 hats per job/class for Kerillian.

ive got the CE too with over 500hrs ive gotten 7 hats. Two for Salt, one for Dorf, and 4 for Krubes I dont understand the drop-rates.

CE owner, 625h, opened almost no comm chest till 1.1.0
4 hats in 150 comms piling up again since then.

i dont have CE , 380 hours , nothing

278 hours here also a CE owner. I’ve got 3 cosmetics, 1 on kruber and 2 on kerillian.
It’s just gotta be the abysmal luck boys, isn’t the drop rate something ridiculous like 1.5%?

So I put V2 down for a month and a half and played warframe and in that time I’ve gotten every helmet(that isn’t playermade and thus real money), multiple skins, every frame, the majority of the weapons and like 3K in real money currency from in game trading. Honestly I have to laugh at the model in play here.

You guys better told summary level of your heroes, then hours spent. That’s much more informative