Constant Errors 4008, 2001, 9999

Issue Description:

I have not played Darktide since the beginning of February (before that I played very actively - have about 300 hours played in Steam), now I am trying to return, but I cannot due to problems with the server (errors 4008, 2001 and 9999).

Theese errors are constant for me now. I tried to play each evening for a 4 days now and just can not.

Previously (before February) I used to get a lot of crashes at the start of a mission (which was fixed by the experimental branch), but I’ve never seen those server bugs.

It’s been four days now that I can’t play because of them. At first, I couldn’t get into the server with error 4008 (after character selection screen), sometimes it turns out to let me in, but then I either get kicked out of the mission with error 2001, 4008, or 9999, or I meet 10-15 second lags (desynk?), after which (after 2-3 minutes of the game) I’m thrown out with aforementioned errors.

I verified the files, reinstalled the game, changed the experimental branch to normal and back, turned off the firewall and added the darktide.exe and EAC files to the antivirus exclusion list, even tried VPN, deleting Fatshark foulder from appdata and changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. (as I read on this forum - it helped some people with similar errors), nothing helped.

I studied the forums, where I saw that similar errors were often encountered before, but now almost no one writes about it, and those who wrote were able to fix the situation by adding files to the firewall exceptions.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
No crashes, omly errors

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch the game
  2. Get to the character selection screen
  3. Press start
  4. Wait for it
  5. Error 4008

OR

1. Launch the game
  3. Press start
  4. Wait
  5. Enter the Mourningstar
  6. Start any mission
  7. Error 4008

OR

1. Launch the game
  3. Press start
  4. Wait
  5. Enter the Mourningstar
  6. Start any mission
  7. Get into the mission
  8. Experience desynk.
  9. Get kiked to the character selection screen with Error 2001 or Error 9999

Mission Name (If Applicable):
Any mission if you can get into it.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Steam Profile URL - Steam Community :: Morden

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

From 04/04/2023, 11:46 PM GMT+3
Till now. Last try 04/09/2023 6:25 GMT+3

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:
3 last, I have much more, can’t post it due to 5 links maximum. So I post 3 + secreenshot + darktide launcher log

console-2023-04-09-15.25.40-a4da20f8-7ce5-41ea-9e4c-198b9b2d7ece.log (37.3 KB)
console-2023-04-09-14.38.17-6469d09d-4998-49ea-8473-a59ade25ee95.log (51.3 KB)
console-2023-04-09-14.01.42-068fde02-3732-42ae-8436-fa880e69e403.log (141.5 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (167.1 KB)

Thank you for your detailed report. Could you tell me which part of the world you’re playing from, and the name of your ISP please?

Of course: Russia, Moscow, name of ISP “Avelacom”.

There seems to be some instability with certain Russian ISPs at this moment - I’m looking in to it!

Thank you! Please, let me know if I can help, maybe with asking something my ISP tech support?

As far as I know there were no changes from their side, but if there will be specific questions from you - I can transmit them to ISP and get an answer pretty quickly.

Add TOT Thailand for the instabilities.

I’ll let you know. Thank you!

1 Like

I am having the same issue I downloaded the game through game pass finished the prologue but then disconnected and cant reconnect again 100% chance for disconnect i connect from egypt and my isp is WE telecom

Hello! Seems that servers become more stable for me.
I think that you should know - I was able to enter the game and play some missions last 2 days. I’ll play more this weekend and will tell if I’ll have errors again.

Sadly, but errors and desync are back this evening :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi! Here is my screenshot and my console log.

I can’t play the game with my phone’s connexion only with wifi but this one has an awful “power”.

dt_consolelog.txt (65.6 KB)