Constant crashing after hours of progress

I love this game but I don’t know if I can keep going, whether it’s a loooong citadel game that crashes after 2 hours of work, or what just happened to me now, connection crashed and we all disconnected from the host after finally beating the boss in enchanters lair. I’ve been trying to beat this boss on and off for over a year on legend difficulty and we finally did it. The game then crashes seconds away from the portal.

It seems to be one in four long games that has some form of connection error. Connection to the host lost, mysteriously going dark and resetting the whole map, fatal error that just brings us back to the start menu etc.

I’m just joining random games too and it seems to crash the whole game for everyone involved.

Again I love the game but man is it the biggest blueball finally beating this boss and then the game taking it away lol. I think I’ll need a long break from this at least until it’s fixed. ugh

Hi @liddd

Sorry to hear that! I can appreciate the frustration, especially with badly timed disconnections or crashes near the end of expeditions/maps :frowning:

If you can provide a crash report, or a relevant console log after crashing then we can take a look under the hood at what’s happening.

As for connectivity issues, this can unfortunately be bad luck due to a host losing connection or crashing. Though, I’ll add these suggestions as they may help -

• Ensure your ‘Download Region’ in the Steam client is set appropriately to a nearby location by:
  1. Open the Steam client
  2. Select ‘Steam’ in the upper left-hand corner
  3. Select ‘Settings’
  4. Select ‘Downloads’ within the sidebar
  5. Set your ‘Download Region’ to an appropriate nearby location and save the changes
  • Within the ‘Network’ panel, enable the ‘Small Network Packets’ option.

• Try possible solutions here:

How can I report bugs or other stuff on Xbox one? Sorry forgot to mention what platform I was using. I’m also in Brazil if that has anything to do with it. The people I’m connecting to seem to be majority Brazilian though too based on their names. A lot of times they get taken back to the beginning of the map with me or back to the hub and we all vent our frustration lol.

I don’t know whether or not it’s exclusively my connection as I’m rarely hosting. The game just seems to crash for everyone.

Ahh, it’s limited on Xbox, as you can’t provide a crash report or console logs.

Though, I do recommend trying some solutions which may help here:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.