Connectivity & Ping Issues Since the 3.4 Release

@N1Lowbob Omg, that just solved it. Thanks so much, you should work in IT or something …

1 Like

Could you please help us out by listing:

• Your region
  • Your ‘Download Region’ in Steam (Steam :arrow_right: ‘Settings’ :arrow_right: ‘Downloads’)

Got back into game since new game mode release date was announced. Game feels better now, ping more on point, laggy&glitchy but more playable just like before engeneer update. Don’t get me wrong, still rubberbanding but it’s not as bad as last month.

I would like you guys to take deeper look into disconnects and overal p2p conn stability. Let’s assume there’s no network calls to some distant backend servers involved. Delays many players experience on some occasions might be related to disconnects. Personaly I have noticed that “Lost connection to host” message on buttom of screen with bolt icon many times. I beleive some desyncs are quick enought so we actualy don’t even have a chance to notice that message on bottom. Game pick up, message never show up. Now if somebody frequently disconnects form host, that may actualy be source of additional delays introduced on top of ping. Network calls are made to keep desyncing player in game. Whole conn may be degraded in quality due to some overhead all party members have to pay to keep desyncing player in. Just my teory, obvious one, I beleive there’s still way to make handling of those desyncs more efficient in game.

2 Likes

Stockholm, Sweden for both.

• A description of your connectivity-related woes:
    Chaos Wastes update has caused my ping to consistently hover in the 180-230 range. If I am hosting, I see these same numbers for the ping on the people in my party. It never drops to a reasonable level, and I checked it regularly while playing for a few hours last night. I’ve had really good ping numbers for a while up until this point.
  • Your most recent console log*
    console-2021-04-22-00.14.40-932297d3-5917-4755-83f3-9c502442492e.log (2.0 MB)
  • Your region
    Kansas, USA
  • Your ‘Download Region’ in Steam (Steam :arrow_right: ‘Settings’ :arrow_right: ‘Downloads’)
    US - Dallas

Chaos Wastes seem to have fixed the odd lags on green ping I had before the update

Total inability to connect to servers since the 3.4 release. Game is currently completely unplayable, which makes it awkward considering that I just bought a DLC. Consistent connection issues since engineer release, and back then, high, unplayable ping (~150) since engineer update.
My region is Shanghai, China
My Download Region is Shanghai, China
console-2021-04-27-07.47.07-2b7dfc59-6900-4435-967b-8c3b6c86912b.log (47.8 KB)

1 Like

It’s about 4-5 days, that I am trying to finish a Chaos Wastes with Sienna (unchained) but, up to now, I didn’t succeed.

The game usually quits after loading the new stage, and it isn’t able to connect to the servers or they rejected the connection.

The 2 facts are:

• it doesn’t seem an ‘internet problem’ since no line drop was never detected.
  • it seems something exacerbated by using Sienna. I also used Kerillian but without all these problems.

for me there is no change :confused:

So I’ve been having interesting issues with hosting in the last few patches. I normally have no problems with latency issues with the people I play with, as most of them are in the same town as me. I have a 250mbps line on at home which tends to give me decent bandwidth, but for some reason frequently now my friend who lives on the other side of town might have ~48 ping to me, but my wife in the same house on the same modem as about 160ms ping. This tends to change on the day, as sometimes (such as last night) my friend was at about 160ms ping as well to me.

I don’t know if it’s a routing issue or if there are extra ports that need to be opened or what, but I’m open to suggestions. There are no firewalls blocking my vt2.

I had no issues until three days ago (iirc there was some quick fix after the big patch for CW). Now I am constantly disconnecting to the point that it’s pretty much unplayable outside of solo.
edit: solo games (= custom and private) seem to disconnect as well

Just wanted to chime in and state, that the network desync haven’t changed. Hope fatshark is still working on it and not forgetting it over the CW update fixes/tweaks and the new DLC careers.

The issue is still as urgent as ever <3

My connection issue seems to be tied to enemies on screen/spawning. Everything is fine and I can make it through cata runs if my team is efficient at clearing waves/ambients. If we don’t clear everything fast enough and enemies pile up or sometimes just skaven spawning starts the issues. Some enemies begin to stand/run in place, animations misfire, hits on me and enemies take seconds to register, gas is invisible, ect. The delay and number of enemies this occurs to increases until finally I just get disconnected. I didn’t notice this problem until about a week and half ago and believe it is from one of the recent hotfixes (assuming the problem is on Fatshark’s end) as the during first two weeks after Chaos Wastes release i did not experience this issue. I can only say two weeks as I stopped playing vermintide a lot after then and didn’t start playing more until about a week and a half ago so it could have been any number of the hotfixes or what not during the time I wasn’t playing much.
I’ve got a couple console logs to include; one disconnect with all my sanctioned mods and one disconnect without any mods at all. Also here’s a video clip from the modless run if you want a visual of the issue, I can provide a video of the whole session for the modless run if that is desired.

Download Region: St. Louis, MO
Region: St. Louis, MO

console-2021-05-24-20.18.53-a31e89b0-baee-42a9-a2dc-05260f1cd3fb.log (1.7 MB)
console-2021-05-25-20.15.25-ccd781af-5a31-4d49-99b3-0fa99bc71224.log (2.3 MB)

yeah seems like we will just live with it from now on -.-

To any new posters - please double-check you have the latest update to the Steam client installed!

Is anybody able to produce a Wireshark log for us, please? [PC] How to Run Wireshark – Fatshark

(Please PM me the log as opposed to uploading it here!)

Actually - new post here, please comment! :heart: