Connectivity issues/Error Codes

Log Entry 4662 Start
This is Sgt. Harkin, reporting. Concerning level loading and starting the game - before drop off cutscene or at the beginning of game, characters lag client-side and frame rate may drop.

There is no real way to reproduce it as it may be a client-side issue, i.e. related to the specs the client, that be I, may have.

I loaded the game through Steam.

Steam Name - Sgt. Sushi, Game Tag - Harkin.

Problem occurred around 11/26/2022 @ approx. 3 a.m.

Happens commonly (<50%)

No evidence collected as it is recurring and often, will start collecting soon. Wondering if this is common for most players or simply a client-side issue. I understand this doesn’t help the issue, but a place to start, nonetheless. If you’re a player reading this, let us Operatives and Agents (devs) know in the thread if you’ve encountered any of these Error Codes.

Most common Error Codes that pop up for me are 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2007. This usually occurs at the beginning of a game before the game starts but can also happen mid-game if the Machine-Spirit of the graphics card gets anxious and begins having performance issues, causing it much embarrassment in the process. I see that Error Code 2007 is a known issue but wanted to shine the Emperor’s light on the other ones as well. This probably happens when my bandwidth is low, with lagging players and NPCs, and characterized by a drop in framerate as well, usually to the point of, and resulting in, freezing. However, due to concerns of connectivity issues within the game from the playerbase, it seems to me that the corruption might not be simply from our tampering with the Holy Code (client-side), but dare I say from the Motherboard (the game).

This thread is simply meant as a prompt and the beginning of an investigation/discussion. If you have any input, evidence, etc., I encourage you post. Wishing the devs spot this too.

Thanks for coming up with this game, FatShark. Really appreciate the team for this! Hoping for a solid, smooth launch the 30th, my birthday. No pressure <3
Cheers!

Sgt. Harkin signing off.
Log Entry 4662 End

Log Update #1
Evidence for first error code (Error Code: 2001) listed below.
I also see that this has come up frequently within the community and is a known issue, but will post nonetheless to provide more data for devs.
console-2022-11-27-07.39.01-70b0055c-3739-4739-aa2d-b6d2b64af2d1.log (176.7 KB)
Log Update #1 End

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! Evidence in the form of console logs would be most appreciated for connection errors . If you could, whenever one of these issues comes up again, please upload the console log of the session where it happened (and please specify which error code you got)

These may be found by doing the following:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
2 Likes

Transmission to Agent Quickpaw from Sgt. Harkin
As per orders, after encountering first corrupt target code (Error Code: 2001), I’ve gathered information for better analysis. I’ve heard it’s been going around the Mainframe, and that many Operatives have confirmed sighting it, and the ever-knowing Inquisition has begun operations to hunt it down, but by the Throne, I shall post the information nonetheless. The Emperor wills it.
Here’s the console log:
console-2022-11-27-07.39.01-70b0055c-3739-4739-aa2d-b6d2b64af2d1.log (176.7 KB)
I shall keep you posted on any developments of these investigations.
May you show no mercy to that which errs from the ways of the Emperor.
End Transmission

2 Likes

Log Update #1.1
Barely made it, but gathered whatever I could salvage from my encounter. It’s a meaty datafile but has lots of Error Code: 2001 sightings.
console-2022-11-27-08.32.20-9c74029a-6dc5-4735-a4f5-c50f1bab6342.log (679.8 KB)
May the blessed work continue.
Log Update #1.1 End

2 Likes