Crashes, Error Codes and Emperor knows what else

Dear FatShark,

I love this game. I love it so much that I just spent nearly 4 hours trying to finish a single mission but have been unable due to crashes. And yet I still try…

My PC more than meets the recommended specs. In fact, here’s what I’m packing:

CPU- AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12-CORE 3.96GHz 24 LOGICAL PROCERSSORS
MOTHERBOARD- ASUS TUF GAMING X570
GPU- SAPPHIRE RX6800XT NITRO+ GDDR6
RAM- 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 3200 MHZ
HDD #1- (3.5") 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200RPM SATA III (6GB/S) W/ 64MB BUFFER
SSD #1- SEAGATE 250GB

Game is installed on my HDD.
SSD is for OS only.

Xfinity Wifi 5G
Download Speed: 130Mbps
Upload Speed: 40Mbps

Issue Description:
In the past 4 hours I have been unable to finish a single mission due to Error Code 2003, Error Code 4003, or various uncoded hard crashes or soft crashes. This usually occurs, frustratingly, late into a mission or halfway through.

Occasionally I won’t even make it to the main lobby and the game window only displays a black screen. In the rare occasions when it is playable, the load times are UNBELIEVABLE. From Steam app to game screen it sometimes takes as long as 5 minutes. From lobby to mission sometimes takes another 5.

Steps to Reproduce:
Attempting to play the game in any capacity, be that booting up the game, shopping in the lobby, playing literally any missions at all.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
ANY

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
PathofChaos

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[12/14/2022, 6:30PM EST

Reproduction Rate:
Often (<75%)

console-2022-12-14-22.49.27-034dd7d1-8bfc-438d-ac74-2b4438e2743d.log (246.1 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (468.0 KB)

Hi @PathofChaos,

I’m sorry to hear that.

We’re actively investigating and working to resolve connectivity issues resulting in the error codes mentioned. Apologies for the inconvenience in the mean time whilst we tackle these!

As for crashes, can you please provide additional crash reports or console logs so we can take a look?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Thank you for reading and responding. After the latest patch, so far it only crashed once “Error Code 9999” in 5 hours of gameplay. It happened when I was a few steps away from the extraction ship in a mission where we found all 3 scriptures lol! Believe it or not, I was just thankful I got to make it to the end and I considered it a win.

Some, but not all, of its load times have shortened considerably, so you’re on the right track for sure.

If issues persist, I’ll attach updated console logs here.

1 Like