Your game is still crashing constantly post-patch, and I think I might genuinely be done

It really sucks because I actually enjoy the game a lot when I can get through a mission. I have tried absolutely everything that everyone has suggested to make the game not crash. Nothing works. I just don’t understand how you as a company are okay with this product being available for purchase right now. I am not usually the type to go all internet-Karen about stuff like this, but I just can’t help it this time. I want so badly to play this game but I just can’t. Crashing every other game, sometimes multiple times per game. Reporting on the bug / technical support forums has no impact. You put out a patch saying “fixed various crashes” and yet… here we are.

1 Like

Yes, it is still crashing. I do not understand why the game was released in this state. It is literally broken. Fatshark updated the cash shop before they even fixed the game crashing. The launch of this game has been a complete disaster. It would probably be best to not play the game and come back to it in six months.

3 Likes

i have literally never had a match where I didn’t crash at least once, and on average its 2-4 crashes to desktop per match. and yet still I somehow have both ogryn and zealot to lvl 30

not to mention if you talk about crashing or performance issues you get shamed for not having a grand to drop on PC parts.

really frustrating, because even with all the issues I have with the game, if they would make it so it only crashed every 2-3 games I would be satisfied. I’m not even saying they have to fix all the crashing, just every 2-3 games would be enough

2 Likes

A finished game cannot be crashing at all lol.

It was really good yesterday, only had 2 crashes.

Today on the other hand has been rough both when it comes to bad server connection and crashes.

I’m actually pretty good on crashing outside of two cases where I always crash: Loading into the first mission of the day and quitting the game.

Other than those it’s actually pretty rare for me. I’m one of the lucky ones I guess.

My brother, PC parts have nothing to do with it.
I have:
I7-13700K
3080TI
32GB RAM

and I’m still crashing so much the game is, literally, unplayable.

i wasn’t mentioning parts as saying its a fix, I had a guy say that I shouldn’t play darktide because I’m too poor to buy parts to run it. I’ve also had similar experiences in game over voice/text chat as well

crashed 4 times in one game a few hours ago; a new record. It’s weird because mostly I don’t crash at all on 9 worker threads and very rarely I crash 1-2 times a match. But I do see stability overall improving since open beta which is good

You can run this game under spec. That’s not the reason for the crashing… Game released full of bugs and was sold at full price for what is really still a beta imo.

By the way I only have an old i5 and a 1070gtx and I have crashed two or three times in the last week I think.

Dont give up mate you dont need a brand new pc to play this game at all just lower some settings.

i59400 1650 16gig 3200

i run minimum settings with reduced res and dlss on performance, 1 worker thread, I reinstalled runtime, updated my drivers reinstalled my drivers, did a memory check, windows health check, verified game files, reinstalled it on the same and a different drive as well as a HDD, tried different settings levels, raised and lowered fps cap, played differently (swapped weps, never used ult, never picked anything up, never marked anything, never tagged anything, never crouched or slid, never sprinted etc), checked error logs (I have read through 150 error logs and console logs and still don’t know what I’m looking at), did a clean boot of windows, ran as desktop. etc

I have tried every trick in the book bar using another PC. i have never had a game crash this much (I have crashed 230 times in my 40 hours of gameplay according to crash logs meaning its probably higher as I don’t save them all).

i know its not my hardware, and its not like I’m throwing max graphics with raytracing at it either. but I’m still crashing 4-5 times per mission. i have never, and I mean literally never, gotten through a mission without crashing at least once.
i don’t have too much issue with performance, I can run it at 50 ish fps which is enough, its the constant crashing that irks me

You may find its the newer, more powerful machines that are crashing… People with older tech tend to have fewer issues as their kit is thoroughly tried and tested in the gaming world.

The patch’s they released fixed most of the crashes I had. The only one I still get is if I look behind me too quickly on the sandy/foggy parts and that’s pretty much stopped now too.

Good luck figuring it out.

Until you do ill kill your share of heretics for you :smiley:

Well, see you soon I suppose? I assume you tried all the possible things you can do on the end user part? Lower your worker threads to 1, then slowly work up to discover a stable setting. Lower your graphical settings to all low/off/disabled etc etc