Congratulations, your player retention tactics did the opposite

My play time has significantly been reduced due to the current vision a la RNG fest. I was a closed beta tester and an imperial edition beta tester. During those weeks of play I was fully expecting the promised features to be rolled out during live launch. We all saw how that went (First FS game, I’ve learned their MO). Then the several snafu’s from FS during patches and additional content or lack there of. I feel this was released at a terrible time right before the holiday and tossing shade at the programmers is sad. I blame management not devs or the artists. The Imperial beta should still be going right now with a full release scheduled next year when everything promised was in place…and tested. This was pure greed from stockholders (tencent and others) and their pressure to the management pushing a product not ready.

7 Likes

Careful now there mate, you know how they get when somebody mentions tencent, :grin: they gotta protect their overlords.

5 Likes

I cant even be bothered to wait for the game to load now. I know that nothing i want will be in the shop, I dont want to do weeklies anymore they were a trap that became a second job once started. And I could be half way through any mission in any other game by the time darktide can load me into its player hub, at which point I could fry some eggs while waiting for someone to join a mission.

Its gotten to the point where i hover over the game shortcut and think to myself, Great gameplay, but Just getting to the playing part is so frustrating, and nothing ever being in the shop is so frustrating, that Id rather do anything else instead of double click that shortcut and make a coffee.

Fatshark has absolutely zero respect for their players time. Time is money and i aint giving you mine when you want both. Cant have your cake and eat it too.

7 Likes

I haven’t played in 10 days. Zero incentive/desire to log in and play the RNG shop/mission/weekly game.

I bet at least a third, if not half, of my hours played are from sitting on the character select screen and coming back to check every hour.

10 Likes

Today is the day for me, I thought I’d be able to at least get through leveling the four different classes but level 25 zealot with psyker still to go its become a chore and a bore.

5 Likes

W10. I used to run it on 1920x1080 medium, ~1 non-network crash per 5-10 games, now I’m on 4k high, ~1 non-network crash per 2-5 games (hotfix 1.0.21).

Dear god just lock this thread already. It turned into mudflinging like 150 posts ago.

1 Like

You can mute topics you’re not interested in, in case you were unaware (not super obvious).

3 Likes

I’m well aware, and I actually agree with the thread. But this thread is just a circlejerk of whining and mudflinging now.

Threads have been locked for less.

1 Like

So just… don’t enter the thread? People have raised perfectly valid complaints in here. Sorry if you don’t like that, but there’s nothing keeping you here outside of your own flawed impulse control.

9 Likes

You’ve misunderstood, but I think it’s more because you feel like I’m trying to silence valid criticism than anything else.

I’m not saying the complaints aren’t valid, I’m saying that people are just repeating themselves and throwing shade at eachother at this point. The thread’s productivity ceased many posts ago.

3 Likes

Then it’s funny how this thread seems to have better retention than possibly the game for many.

13 Likes

The purpose of a thread like this is to show how many agree. Locking it, is just censorship. Its like closing a poll before too many ppl vote on the option you didnt like. So many snowflakes these days.

3 Likes

It’s on topic and no one is attacking each other, so I don’t see why it should be locked. You don’t lock threads for “talking about it too much”, because that’s a sign that the topic is still relevant.

2 Likes

Indeed, game needs to be fun before grind

Ironically enough. Their forum’s award system has done more in amusing me than their unrewarding game. It’s funny how this works. Maybe they should get the guys who worked on this forum’s software with its achievement system to create a rewarding progression system in Darktide.

13 Likes

The game needed to be complete and polished before the monetisation.

Thx for this. I was a bit tired of people saying this isn’t a Tide game and we should take it as a first title and not a third title from Tide series.

5 Likes

5 Aquilas per reset!

excited-spongebob-icegif

3 Likes

That is not stable, neither belongs in PC gaming. Regarding your RTX 4090 experience…this is not representative of average PC rig. Just look up Steam PC hardware stats and similar. You are not even the top 1%, you are literally going into fractions of the 1%.

2 Likes