Greets all. Jsat hosted a 2.5 hour stream (half presentation, half discussion with guests) earlier today to present a breakdown of the community results survey that wrapped up last week. He had 2700 responses so there’s a good deal to chew on! VOD is here.
Key takeaways from the data:
- A large proportion of the core players have maxed out the available official challenges in the game
- Even the most experienced players are concerned with loot
- Because modded realm has no loot, it’s failing to provide endgame content to most people
- Because modded realm has no quickplay, matchmaking for modded games is mostly done on discord
- YouTube is the number one place people find and use content to improve their play
- Most people have the tools to use voice in-game (Discord and a mic) but don’t opt to use them
- Most players on Reddit/Steam/Fatshark Forum aren’t interested in content from modded realm (e.g. Deathwish Onslaught videos)
- Quickplay is king! From beginners to the most advanced players, everybody uses quickplay extensively
Suggestions for Fatshark:
- Addressing in-game mic issues (or integrating discord) could be a big win
- Improving quickplay (e.g. extending it to deeds, allowing players to name their lobbies) could be a big win
- Sanctioning more mods is a clear win; being slow to sanction mods has hurt the creativity and output of modders
- If challenge mods are to fulfill their potential (to provide endgame content) loot needs to be involved.
There’s a bunch more, naturally. I’d suggest popping it open on 2x speed and skimming through.