Comm-Link Delay

I can’t believe I got up early for this. This means they are not removing the locks. This also means that they never planned for this Skulls event. If they knew they were attending Skulls they wouldn’t have told us they would drop the information on 5/18. This company man…who is in charge?

2 Likes

1 new map
1 new monstrosity
Xbawks teaser for “winter 2023” (releases spring of 2024)

4 Likes

I would laugh if this wasn’t so tragic.

5 Likes

And I should care because?

Edit - If I got a sh*t tier job like this I would tell my boss to send this ‘com link’
Hedge was active telling people this isnt COD when they removed a promised feature. They dont need catfish to tell us they break another promise

7 Likes

If they can’t at least make crafting better to go along with it then it’s an absolute waste.

3 Likes

This is just… too insane. I can’t even… Techincal issues? Therefore… seven days from now?

It’s truly astounding how they are dead set on driving this game, and the company, into a ditch and bury it.

16 Likes

So it’s because you had some technical difficulties and a red day (that could have been seen from miles away) and not because you want to post it as part of the Warhammer Skulls.

Yeah right, I’m usually not inclined to believe I’m lied to on purpose. Usually. Emperor protect me from this company… Community manager should be ashamed too.

14 Likes

I just want to say; whoever made the call to cancel the update and rearrange it for the Warhammer Skulls event, if they were my friend, I’d never invite them over my house to play Warhammer with me ever again.

So rude to cancel something that we were all so excited about, at the absolute last minute. Just awful.

8 Likes

:frowning: .

1 Like

I just realized :smiley: they took a page out of Blizzards book.
Next week they tell us there are no more subclasses coming, so they can focus on making skins

3 Likes

As a Swede I stand by fatshark on this. No one should be working on a red day. Not even community managers.

Why it was planned for today in the first place though, that was not a pro gamer move.

Well boys, since the mods are away, it’s now free for everyone to shitpost!

2 Likes

I can only imagine that the two people they had working on ‘the large patch’, meaning the rehashed map and a few other small items, wouldn’t be able to get it done in time to release on 25th. So the technical issues is really that the patch is postponed, because no one is working on it, so to have something, anything at all for 25th, they had to postpone the commlink.

And then lie about why the post and patch is delayed, because FatShark is incapable of speaking truth.

11 Likes

Cool, maybe this time will be spent fixing the RNG mission modifiers and getting rid of crafting locks.

3 Likes

They could have just posted it tomorrow.
They could have shortened the comms link to a teaser and posted it Wednesday. They could have done any number of things. Instead they lied or demonstrated the greatest degree of incompetence I have ever seen.

3 Likes

So to get this straight: No Comlink… you are unable to write a post for an entire week… and probably because there is a Com-link next week we will also not get anything for the Skulls festival?

I am amazed. The workout of 180 people, divided over 3 games… and this is still the result. 9 Patches, a few hotfixes and about as much Comlinks, if at that… in 6 months.

How do i get a job like yours? I too want to do next to nothing and be paid for it.

17 Likes

I may be missing something but:

" A red letter day (sometimes hyphenated as red-letter day) is any day of special significance or opportunity . Its roots are in classical antiquity; for instance, important days are indicated in red in a calendar dating from the Roman Republic (509–27 BC)."

“National Wear Red Day/Date
Fri, Feb 2, 2024”

" National Foundation Day is a ‘red day’ or public holiday on the South Korean calendar. A ‘red day’ means that salaried employees have a paid day off for National Foundation Day , a Korean public holiday observed on October 3 every yea"

" National Wear Red Day is an annual event held each first Friday of February, dedicated to raising awareness about heart disease in women . It’s the leading cause of death among women in the U.S. That’s why it’s crucial for women to take charge and be proactive in their heart health."

National holidays (such as easter or what might be called bank holidays in UK) are called ‘red days’ in scandinavia, because they are, in fact, marked in red color on the calendars.

3 Likes

This is some grotesque comedy type of crap.

5 Likes

Everyone is working on the console release, so they can trick a new group of customers out of their hard earned money with their unfinished game full of astoundingly stupid RNG mechanics. Next to no one is actually working on the live release. It would be impossible to have this slow of an output if more than ten people were actually assigned to the released game.

6 Likes

No one is blaming @FatsharkCatfish , that would be like shooting the messenger. Besides, she’s cute.

However the way it is being conveyed to players is not ideal. Just say it’s not ready, @Fatshark. Technical issues + day off != whole week delay.

2 Likes