Combine/Buff Revive and Respawn Speed

Revive/Respawn Speed are probably the least used out of all the properties, (even more so for respawn speed, since you respawn quite fast anyway) so why not combine them into a single property and increase the revive/respawn speed bonus from 10% - 30% to 30% - 50%. At least they may somewhat be useful in a niche support build if Combined/buffed in this manner, because currently they’re both kind of pointless properties.

2 Likes

Revive Speed is actually surprisingly useful. I use it a lot for careers whose ultimate doesn’t make reviving much easier (Bounty Hunter, Waystalker, Pyromancer and maybe Unchained).

In 1.6. it was extremely fun to use for Bounty Hunter with the revive speed talent. Extremely quick revives.

I agree that Respawn Speed should be somehow modified, it is extremely bad. One interesting idea would be to have extra possible respawn points available for those with the property. So in addition to quicker respawning they would also typically respawn a lot closer to the team.

5 Likes

Revive Speed is actually surprisingly useful. I use it a lot for careers whose ultimate doesn’t make reviving much easier (Bounty Hunter, Waystalker, Pyromancer and maybe Unchained).
In 1.6. it was extremely fun to use for Bounty Hunter with the revive speed talent. Extremely quick revives.

Well in the World War Z game i play a few classes have a skill that increases the revive speed by 50%, which is very useful. The 30% bonus in VT2 feels too slow at times.

I agree that Respawn Speed should be somehow modified, it is extremely bad. One interesting idea would be to have extra possible respawn points available for those with the property. So in addition to quicker respawning they would also typically respawn a lot closer to the team

Perhaps it could additionally increase the amount of times you can go down before being capture by 1 in addition to what it already does.

I still think combining the 2 properties would be the best solution to making them more useful overall, since most people just pick crit/stamina recovery + curse resistance right now. I know i do. If what i’ve suggested became a thing i’d definitely start using it on certain careers that it fits well with.

1 Like

Revive speed is used on high level weaves as well. But I agree, it’s hardly used. And I don’t think I have ever used respawn speed, nor do I know anyone who uses it either. It’s almost a bad thing to be honest? Which is why I wouldn’t want it combined. If you go down, this gives your party time to back track a tiny bit so you spawn just ahead instead of in the next area.

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe it would be better to remove respawn speed all together and replace it with a property that increases the number of times you can go down by 1 and additionally grants you a 5 second damage immunity upon going down and upon being revived, it could be called “Undying” or something.

As for the Revive Speed property, i think it would still be best if it was faster and maybe it could grant the revived person a full bar of THP, instead of the normal half bar.

I don’t know, i’m just trying to find ways to make the least useful properties more useable, it gets a bit boring only using like 2 or 3 property combos across all careers, well at least in the trinket category that is.

As others said, Revive Speed indeed has its place. It’s surprisingly effective once you do try it out, especially on some Careers. It has another problem, though: It’s competing in its slot with CDR, CR, Crit Chance and Movement Speed which are all very good and often-used options. Curse Resistance in particular is a bad one as it’s pretty much a permanent choice on many (most?) people’s Trinkets. It could work better (and honestly, fit just as well) on Necklaces, even with Health taking up the near-permanent slot there.

Respawn Speed, though, is bad, and will be so unless it’s heavily boosted. Me and my friend have figured out one niche use for it (for bots in situations where they’re likely to be unrescuable often), but it’d still usually better be replaced with something else (that is, anything that makes the bot more effective and maybe more survivable).

I don’t particularly like the idea of combining the two. Adding the respawn effect to Revive Speed wouldn’t affect my picking the Property (its effect is really that negligible), and could have a slight adverse effect especially in public runs (“they have Revive/Respawn Speed, easier to let them die and pick them up after”).

4 Likes

Kinda hard to justify using these stats when the other ones are infinitely better. The actual application for them is also situational as well, meaning that if your party is doing good, then these skills won’t do anything at all during the whole run, making you feel like you just wasted a space or something between that line.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.