@Catfish can we get a dev response on this psyker passive quell situation?

Seriously FS im trying to understand what your overall intent is with Psykinetic. At the moment it seems like there is no coherent design philosopy. This recent bug fix may be some sort of “technical mistake” never intended to be there then fine, but what plans are there going forward to actually bring this class into some sort of quorum with the rest of the classes?

5 Likes

I believe the official line is that the high speed of passive quell with non-force weapons was a bug. Kind of like the situation with toughness regen trinkets which when combined gave you insane speed of toughness regen.

I suppose this is more meant to be an open question about what they are going to do now that this change has been implemented. Normally id be more measured in my reaction, but this is a kick to the f@#$ing balls to alot of psykers.

2 Likes

I’m sure they are going to do what is required. Which is test the changes across all difficulty settings and obtain feeback about how these changes affect gameplay, possible class builds? Right? Right? :grin:

I keep getting responses to my threads justifying the quell change as a bug. I said it elsewhere but I’ll say it here too.

8 Likes

Yeah we need a dev response from a dev directly responsible, and they also need to detail what they are going to do in order to fix the playstyles they just removed from the game, with a small line hidden away in bugfixes.

1 Like

i would say give this game a year x)

Agreed, there should have been a prepared statement for this.

This is like the 5th consecutive Psyker nerf. Zero excuse for not being prepared for this change to go over like a lead balloon with the community.

Edit: And I don’t hold Catfish responsible of course, only there should have been a prepared justification from the top-down on such an obvious contentious change.

1 Like

My theory is that they had no idea how useful passive quell was to Psyker players, and thought they were just fixing a bug that nobody cared about.

I’m kind of offended. I only ever hear about the cool bugs when they get patched. Not cool.

1 Like

It was glorious :joy: I had few questions in-game from people wondering how is that my toughness regenerates so quickly. I have no idea if this was also down to the Linchpin talent I used on my ogryn or if all you required is stacking toughness regen speed Curios.

In early January my gun psyker was able to tank a deamonhost on heresy without issue, the passive peril quell just kept sinking faster than it could attack me.
That is kind of ridiculous, fun, but ridiculous.
Yesterday the deamonhost ate me for lunch in 5 seconds.
I understand it was unintended and overpowered, but this “fix” has one again left the psyker with nothing fun to work with, I just die all the time without contributing anything to the team other than taking care of specials and opening bulwarks.

1 Like

The passive quell should be a perk imk