Carryover Mastery Did NOT Carry over correctly

Issue Type (Required):

Other

Issue Description (Required):

With the newest weapon mastery overhaul, anyone who had blessings unlocked on their weapons was supposed to have that progression carry over to the new system in the form of blessing points that could be freely spent or rejiggered according to some math.

This did not happen. Instead, when I logged in and checked my stuff, I automatically had every blessing that I had before unlocked with no free points to spend. That in itself wouldn’t be concerning- the issue is that DESPITE having the vast majority of blessings unlocked for several weapons, my Mastery progression for ALL of them sits at 0. No progressions at all besides the blessings.

I haven’t tested it yet, but I suspect this means that I am going to be permanently hardlocked out of the mastery progressions for all of my weapons because I will not be able to spend all blessing points that I receive- each weapon will only be able to progress up to some point depending on how many blessings I didn’t have unlocked, meaning that my effort to go and unlock as many blessings as I could pre-update will have actually backfired and screwed me over.

Moreover, because the game thinks I have 0 mastery on all weapons, my max weapon power is 100 and I cannot swap between marks. This means that depending on how many blessing points I end up unable to spend, I may never again have access to certain marks of weapons and will certainly never be able to acquire new high power weapons except through Emp’s gifts or Melk.

I would like confirmation of whether this is intended, or if the mastery system will allow me to “spend” blessing points even if I have no blessings to earn, or if I have misunderstood how the progression works and will regain my marks and max power cap even without spending blessing points.

3 Likes

This problem also affects me and a friend I play with. Affects all characters, I have logged out and back in multiple times.

I’m not one who often complains or causes a fuss after a patch, but I’ve been playing this game since the beginning, waiting on this patch re crafting and items for nearly two years and I’m utterly furious.

1 Like

There is a notification of the mastery system not being available at the moment. This is most likely the cause of the above issue.

2 Likes

Just wait for the servers to fully update. It should be fixed in a few hours.
(and before you complain, remember we got this update 1 day earlier then scheduled)

1 Like

Features are disabled currently, whilst we perform maintenance. You are likely to encounter issues during this time.

To ensure a smooth release across all platforms, certain Mastery and Shrine of the Omnissiah features, as well as the Armory Exchange and Melk’s Requisitorium, are disabled for maintenance while the new update is being rolled out.

We’ll notify you once the maintenance has been completed! Thank you for your patience!

3 Likes

Ok good to know. I think you should have just turned off logins until the maintenance was complete, honestly, to save all the confusion.

Oh PHEW. I was worried someone borked the vital patch

We want to make sure there isn’t a potential issue with Mastery here, despite all appearing OK in our backend. We do suspect this is the result of the current downtime. However, for peace of mind, could you supply your most recent console logs, please?

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names

console-2024-09-25-07.10.24-797d8515-88d6-49a3-ae4e-6489358cb597.log (75.4 KB)
console-2024-09-25-11.53.09-71194684-cf04-4c38-a97e-03019523df5a.log (353.8 KB)

Here is a log from this morning (before the patch) and from the afternoon (after the patch).
I had a lot of Blessings Unlocked before the patch but now I have 0 Masteries for all weapons.

On a separate note, last year I made sure to beat all normal mission on Damnation difficulty. 2 weeks ago when I logged in I was flooded with Penances but I did not get the Penances for beating the missions on Damnation. I have since then beaten several missions and gotten the Penances but am finding it difficult to understand which ones are done and which ones are not…

1 Like

Thank you for the logs! If you re-launch Darktide, how’s it looking now?

I am still facing this issue as well. I did not record as some did, the blessings I had unlocked prior to update. I am very sure however that it was more than is being suggested in my masteries. I had many weapons with full or almost full t3/t4, and the most points I got in any mastery was 12. In most I had signifcantly less. Is there a way to understand where I should be in terms of mastery? Im over 1600 hours in and spent a decent chunck of that testing builds in the meat grinder. To test those I had to unlock many many blessings and now Im concerned all of that is lost. Please advise.

I suspect this is NOT a bug but instead the result of ill communicated design decisions. See my post in the general discussion.

Let’s say you have a weapon with 8 blessings pre patch. Let’s say you had a tier 3 for 4 of those and a tier 4 for four of those. Let’s say the weapon got some new blessings for 10 total.

How or works is that each of your current blessings can contribute at most “1 point” towards fulling an increment of the new XP mastery track, and there is one increment for each total blessing (so 10’increments).

A tier 3 or 4 blessing provides about 75% of an increment. Meaning .75 * 8 = 6 full increments. But with 10 increments now you’re at 60% of the mastery despite having so many tier 3 and 4 blessings. 60% of the mastery is about mastery level 12. Well below the max of 20.

This isn’t a bug. It’s nefarious design decisions.

1 Like

I am having the same issue, I had every blessing unlocked on nearly every weapon and now don’t have full mastery on weapons I’ve used for literally hundreds of hours.

2 Likes

Please see:

1 Like