Can we unify the Stockcolor of the guns?

Up until now, you guys seemed to have adhered to a color code for the gun housing, making it easy for people like me to identify the weapons at a glance. Blue was the light, fast firing weapon. Green was the average and brown was the slower but heavy hitting weapons.

But with this patch you seem to have gone away from this color coding. Is it maybe possible we can unify this again?

I am sorry, but i really have a hard time with names and if someone is like “Yeah play the Agripinaa ” i really struggle with that information, compared to “yeah the blue Infantry Autogun”. That was a much easier way to identify the guns,… and it held true for Matchmaking as well (at least in so far as people used the standard skins). I could load in and see “oh this guy is using the Blue Braced Autogun” and i knew what i was in for.

I just feel like we have now fully departed from this (and i know the Headhunter Rifles already didn’t seem to adhere to this)… but i really would want this to be unified again.

4 Likes

There was no ‘up until’, it was a scheme that fit very few guns. One of the devs even said it was just a coincidence that some Mks had that relationship between color shade and damage scale/fire rate but that it was not intentional.

What I want to see are the skins for these different models, what a joke adding them and then swapping skins just replaces them back to the original Mk. That screams early access to me…

6 Likes

The whole system of weapon organization needs a huge overhaul. I’ve accidentally bought the wrong gun a few times because I can barely tell the difference between any of the icons in the shop, which is doubly bad considering how easy the crafting [coughgamblingcough] system makes it to sink resources into gear that ends up being useless a few upgrades later.

All of this could have been avoided if we had actual weapon customization…

2 Likes

How do i like this harder?

1 Like

KEEP PRESSING THE BUTTTTONNN AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Funny you say that, I also thought like OP that it was color coded to weapons.
The Helbore Lasgun, the Autogun, the ordinary Lasgun and the full-auto Lasgun all adhered to this scheme.

2 Likes

i agree with this, and it has helped me flush out builds with my Characters.
it sucks to be looking for a weapon and have to buy 2 or 3 versions of the 3 versions of a weapon so you can calculate which is the Heavy which is the Standard and which is the Fast.

make all weapons follow this RULE!
Brown = Heavy = High Damage Slow Attack Speed
Green = Average = Average Damage Average Attack Speed
Blue = Fast = Low Damage Fast Attack Speed

2 Likes

i want to as well,
i just hope we can get a Dev response to this as its subtle but would help allot with game-play

I think we have a seen a dev response and they said they base behaviors off of model. Which is fine, but why not just align the colors? The colors are not the model. So that should be simple enough.

Because anything they do goes out the window with weapon cosmetics. They can’t even apply a colour scheme without changing the model.

As I said by the past, there’s a problem with cosmetics.
Only the imperial edition cosmetics are done correctly, all others change the model used to a default one.
As a consequence, I use them only if it matches my current weapon.
I use cosmetics for the lwbringer shotgun, but won’t use them for the kantrael.
I use cosmetic for the brassed colomnus (hopefully, this is the one I prefer) but won’t for an agri.

On the idea of the OP, I would not be against this. Even if, for me, the most important is that models are really differents (and that’s why I use less and less weapons cosmetics).

1 Like

as i said above

that said, i also think like VT2 you should beable to change the style of weapon,
using other models of the same type (placing the Green Lazgun model on a Brown Lazgun)

we kinda have this for some weapons like the Force Staffs, but others its very hit or miss.

To some degree, yes.
It is possible to put „non default“ skins of all staffs on all staffs.
But the default skin of a staff (green hilt) can not be applied to any other staff.

Additional to this, clicking an item in Brunt‘s armory, should show weapon info.
Right now, we only have the stylized images with the weapon name.

Without buying a weapon, there is no telling which color it has, what the stat range is, or what the attack patterns are.

Hmm, i think it’s better just to add more colors (those ones that fit the game tone obv, not pink). Colorsheme will not work in matchmaking screen when(if) they add more skins and cosmetics in the future. So knowing weapon names and scheme/shapes would be helpful. They also should add some loadout info that ignore cosmetics and shows “true” mk players equip smthg like this i dunno

1 Like

I honestly never even noticed a difference in color. Too subtle. But if they’re really going down this basic branching path, there should be a quick way to recognise the different MK variants properties.

Quick descriptions, recognisable icons etc.

From the leaked stuff I have seen so far, everything cosmetics included seems to be intently designed and painted with subdued color palettes. Nothing with bright pink or neon colors.

Except green, blue and cherry hair colors, but it’s kinda ok for a hive gang member outfit, maybe.

I mean, yeah. Whoever thought it was a good idea to show the melee weapons never played the game, but an icon below does only address part of the problem.

I simply want the color as shorthand… so i do not have to learn which the Kantarell or the Graia 2000 is. As i said in the OP… i am very bad with names. Getting the information on the loadout or just showing melee weapons would help with the loadout screen. Ideally you’d get to the loadout screen regardless of when you join, so you can adjust your loadout even on a mission in progress… but that doesn’t help as shorthand when talking about the weapons. Instead of being able to classify them as heavy, light and standard, and identifying them with standardized coloration, i have to know that in this case the Agripinaa is the Standard one, not the heavy one or what have you.

Which one is the heavy one: The Agripinaa Headhunter, Agripinaa Brace Autogun or the Agripinaa Shotgun?

And yes, that was a trick question, or was it? The issue is that there isn’t really a standard applied anywhere. Some weapons are the same planet and just different MK versions, other weapons come from a few different planets, all with different names and good on anyone that can keep in mind if Vraks is “heavier” than Agripinaa.

A simple color code would make it easy. You can keep all the fluff surrounding these weapons but still have a shorthand for everyone.

I simply want the color as shorthand

I get it, i was surprised that colors doesn’t mean anything. It’s not that i’m against it. My point is i’ve got a feeling that colorschemes will stop giving you any info at some point, it will be like this in the end:
-join game
-some veteran has a golden kantrael with aquilla on it, not blue/green/brown
-hmm is it mg12, mg 1a, or mg4?

So i think the best way is showing other players loadouts with blueprints, cause cosmetics don’t chnage them. Like i use 1a skin, but blueprint shows it is mg12

We need this so bad.
And it should show up even when QPing before you load into a mission.