Camo expert feat buff (or alteration)

I think the camo expert feat could go for a buff, ill be standing still off to the side sniping and find enemies consistently going out of their way to attack me or some random enemy will appear behind me and completely cripple me and often times kill or almost kill because its 3 to 4 of them swinging at different intervals stun locking me
update: some extra statements and explanations as to why I feel this feat should be modified or buffed are below

It’s plenty strong. It only makes you a lower priority as a target if the enemy has someone else to target nearby. You should still stick relatively close to your group, that’s where it shines.

2 Likes

Snipers are to be expected in the game, the entire purpose of the sniper feat is to shoot from further away and that feat isnt useful until you get camo because youll get swarmed while alone without camo
Using a sniper right up with your teammates is ridiculous and you cant target further back elites or anything else in swarms because you have a wall of fodder in the way
the purpose of a sniper build is to stay back, and do stupid amounts of damage to single targets (primarily elites)
its not a crowd controller in any sense with harder hitting guns that dont shoot fast (bolter being an obvious exception) and other weapons are downright charge up weapons like the helbore that need time between shots

it’s incredibly OP… i expect it to get nerfed. buffing it would be ridiculous

2 Likes

If its OP why is it that virtually nobody uses it let alone actually implements it in game when playing

1 Like

Nah, its pretty strong as is, if you are sitting within coherency with a member of your group, you will almost never be targeted by the enemy. You can literally sit on an objected or protecting someone and whack away at the enemy and they wont even go for you.

2 Likes

What are you talking about? almost every vet i talk to in the game takes it. Its one of his strongest talents.

Its because of this talent vet can rez people that are downed in the middle of a pack.

3 Likes

It’s ludicrously powerful for doing objectives and getting people up.

Yes, it’s also good for setting up overwatch on an elevated position, but you still need to take care to be with the group. The entire game is designed towards staying in a group. When sniping, if you have the perk the safest position is being with the group. No perk should make it safe to be away from the group.

2 Likes

If its not to be buffed then it should at least be altered so that so long as youre still and allies are alive youre not prioritized by any enemies except the occasional dog trapper etc.
and should get prioritized by snipers
As i said, sniper build
it should compliment that not close quarters
make it where if too close enemies attack you

Thats how it works if you are within coherency of your team.

Gameplay wise right now it’s a good tradeoff encouraging you to stay close to your party while giving you amazing benefits during any event where you stay still.

I think it would be a good tradeoff for it to reduce your aggro at any distance from the party if you aren’t attacking (therefore you could set up as a sniper but then have to move after attacking) and it doesn’t work if enemies are too close, but I like it as it is now. If you play around what it does now it’s a very, very powerful perk.

1 Like

Except it doesnt, i still have several splinters of enemies tear off to attack me
so much so at times im unable to actually do my job and use my gun
its not helpful in doing my job as an elite killer if i am not entirely unseen
you guys keep saying just stay close to the team when the SAME AMOUNT of enemies still branch off to attack you wether youre close or far from your team

i should have mentioned this in my initial post but didnt think to

And as i said, when i cant shoot over the heads of the hordes that surround me and my team to shoot at say a sniper or bomber in the distance or even a pox bomber thats coming to wipe us all then that close up fighting is removing my ability to do my job
therefore i need to be further out

nobody uses it? every vet i know uses it, including me… wtf are you talking about? you want it to be something it’s not, seems to be the issue.

1 Like

Its not a 100% guarantee, it says “significantly reduces” Not “Completely reduces.”

2 Likes

Which is a problem

by all means dont read the full thread and only comment on one thing without reading the reasons

Its really not, it greatly reduces the amount you are targeted, very very noticeably as well. Its working fine as is. You are the only one who seems to have an issue with it.

1 Like

Its clear im not conveying the issue of the fact that 50 something enemies branching off to fight someone not built to do melee is an issue
and how recommended counters to this said issue nullify the entire reason of wanting to use said feat

you just don’t seem to understand how it works.