Build Theorycrafting PSA: The Limb Splitter Change is a Nerf

At least even with the previous janky proc conditions, and power malus you could get the reset more reliably, but now even this isn’t possible. Would be nice if it did what says on the tin, or at least had an updated description to save folks from getting baited.

This further restricts the use cases for it than before and limits it to weapons that are able to hit necessary breakpoints within a single opening light or heavy swing.

This was so disappointing, I was really looking forward to trying it out on shovels. It’s probably only usable in some of the CAxes now, haven’t gotten to testing that yet.

Edit1: Corrected my misunderstanding of the description blurb.

2 Likes

I’d have to read it again, but that’s how I read it as working. From what I can tell it does what it says it’s going to do, but 5 seconds between swings is insane. It’s practically only usable for a ranged-primary build, and we all know the state of those right now.

You are correct, I got got by a brief bout of dyslexia, lol. I originally understood it as refreshing every 5 seconds, I somehow managed to miss 75% of the description text. Derp.

Although the overall point still stands. Without a way to cheese the reset, it’s pretty meh. I wouldn’t mind it getting a power subtraction if it mean getting a more reliable proc condition like resetting on weapon switch or having it proc if you get a kill with your ranged weapon, etc.

1 Like

Yeah that’s remarkably worse than what it was before and TBH that’s quite an achievement. At least old limbsplitter had a use in theory if you were willing to sweat it out with QQ spam.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.