Does anyone use Limbsplitter anymore?

I know there were people who used Limbsplitter when it effected the first attack in the chain only, even if they were few and far between. However after the change to Limbsplitter to a cooldown based system, I was wondering if anyone used it, on what weapons, and how it is incorporated into their gameplay.
It is available on all Tactical and Combat Axes, as well as the Vet shovel.

If you don’t like it now, how do you think it should be changed? Honestly I don’t really know what they could do with this blessing. I wonder if first attack of the chain being stronger was better, because you could consistently proc it by block canceling, even if it was annoying.

2 Likes

On shovel with helbore but more as a niche cuz it buffs your bayonet :laughing:

8 Likes

:eyes: Really? I didn’t know this. Ty for the heads up.

2 Likes

The bayonet can take Brutal Momentum from your melee too, without forcing your primary weapon to use something territrash like Limbsplitter.

BM Mk1 Lucius is my new go-to considering how they broke Ogryn’s largest melee weapon (Grenade Gauntlet) exactly 1 update after making it a fearsome melee weapon.

2 Likes

I liked doing q and qq cancels with it on axes, it was the only reason why i used them at all.
Now i can’t figure out how to make it fun.

I thought you could at least do empowered push attacks every few seconds, but that didn’t work.
It might be because push attacks no longer always counts as first in chain.
It seems timer starts after last attack of chain, instead of first one, which is making it even worse.

Old limbsplitter was pretty fine for me.

I’ve played DT since release, and at some point during the summer (ashamed it took that long for me to get that this is a really good idea) I started saving great gear with weird blessings etc. just in case they got buffed at some point.

Anyway, I recently checked my old random gear on my zelly and realized she had a BM AntAxe with this as the locked blessing. So I took it for a spin and that build is now one of my favorites on her! The way I see it is that under the right conditions this blessing is basically Thrust on steroids. It adds the same dmg except you don’t need to wait on long charging heavies, and this even works on light attacks. So every single alpha strike always gets that massive 60% power buff, and if you develop a feel for it and occasionally glance at the buffs, you can put it where it counts most even during fights to just delete those specials or elites in particular between cleaving those hordes.

It’s a bit finnicky sure, but that 3.5s CD is really fast, and saving the time from doing those long Thrust charges (and getting that bonus dmg even when you would have no such time at all) comes real handy. I honestly like it just the way it is right now. :smile:

3 Likes

Put it on the thunderhammer

Been LimbS 4 using it with BM 4 on a combat axe 7 with my vet swap build.

It’s pretty great on that but I wouldn’t use it on my zealot who’s always got the axe out.

On vet you just shoot then swap melee one shot dogs and any other special with a heavy head shot.

I just tested it in the meat grinder
It does NOT affect the bayonet.
You must’ve had imagined things or mistook it for something else.

1 Like

It absolutely does

Without limbsplitter

And the shovel in question

1 Like

If it actually goes on cool down when youre actively using the weapon then itd be a far more solid choice.

Just tested it again. It does work. The reason why i didnt notice at first is because the buff icon in not present AND the blessing does not go on cooldown.

So not only does it work, it works all the time every time, a constant +60% power without cooldown.
Its basically more powerful then any assassin melee weapon now with the brutal momentum (which i tested as well and it too works)

The weapon that can have both limbsplitter and brutal momentum is the combat axe, so building one now. Hopefully i’ll get to try it out before they patch this blindingly obvious bug.

and now that i think about it… Wonder how it would work with the new vet melee build… maybe bayonet only build (almost no shooting) would be viable xD Need testing, this Krieg will make the emperor proud.

2 Likes

okay, time to camp the shop I guess.

Tactical Axes as well if you have one

Ok i tested it out, and its an absolute beast. A very much a glass cannon build.
With just the poke alone, no melee weapons or shooting, i was able to clear hordes, eliminate specials/elites, close distance and eliminate ranged groups and most notably decimate bosses monsters. On maelstrom auric i managed to deal 67k damage to 2 bosses (plague ogryn and chaos spawn)

EDIT : Swap the shredder nade with the krak nade. Only now realized you dont need horde clear since the helbore takes care of that just fine. Carapace armored enemies are a big problem though.

Here’s the build :

I prioritized movement speed and freedom to close distances with ranged enemies. However it is very much a glass cannon build. I feel like the voice of command might work better, but then you wont be able to close the distance with the ranged units as well as with infiltrate.
I’d say your biggest threat are pox bursters and maulers/crushers (the latter can be dealt with fast enough shooting)

I should add, the helbore has 2 blessings which might affect the poke as well. “falter” and “no respite” Which add stagger and damage to staggered enemies.

Anyway, i highly recommend trying it out yourself before they patch it out (dont forget you need BOTH limbsplitter and brutal momentum on your melee axe). Its uh… Unique experience.

(additional important note for this build to work :
I feel like not alot of people know this so i’ll say it just in case. To properly move around with the helbore, first charge your bayonet poke, and then start sprinting for a significant speed boost)

2 Likes

Lmao this is insane but shame that its basically useless on the melee weapon itself!

1 Like

I made a bizarrely good build for this that self-sustained very well because I still used shock trooper. Go straight down the middle and you’ll be able to pick up an extra krak, trench fighter, confirmed kill and shock trooper on the same build. You can still demolish infinite amounts of gunners for free, and have 3 kraks for the crushers that form the only thing you can’t poke through. It also lets you one-shot the scab trapper if you’re a bad enough dude to try it.

1 Like

Bugs aside: When I’ve tested limbsplitter in the Psykanium, it only started on cooldown when I took out the axe (combat axe 2 on zealot).
So I assume I can’t just switch from ranged to it, and immediately get the bonus. As it’s LS 3, it’s 4 seconds, so I feel it’s pretty darn useless. Only reason it’s still on the axe is that I don’t have any LS blessing unlocked yet and it feels wrong to just throw it away.
But I’m reasonably sure that headtaker would be better.
Of course, it’s possible that it still worked and I just didn’t look at the values closely enough; But then I still think headtaker would probably be better. :man_shrugging:
If it is indeed an attack any X seconds and ticks down while the ranged is out, then I might just consider it in some cases.

Edit: Whelp, and the limbsplitter bug was patched out. I did manage to see it in the psykanium, though.
I also tested it again and at least in that simulated environment, LS definitely does not recharge while I’m hitting things. Which matches my feeling from using it in missions. Aka, I consider the blessing rather worthless, but I’d still like to keep one in case it ever gets good.

1 Like

Well there we have it folks. We are the last people to ever use limb splitter. Now that the bug is gone there is no more reason to use it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.