Limbsplitter Feels Very Bad

Title says it all.

I consecrated one of my “daily driver” melee weapons and it got Limbsplitter as the 2nd blessing.

Basically feels like Limbsplitter bricked my favorite weapon. I have no desire to block-cancel my way through levels, so I moved on.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Anyone more knowledgeable know a strategy/build for zealot that uses Limbsplitter to advantage?

If there is no crafting system, seems like the developer should immediately remove any “Blessing” that is actually a curse. Tie this to the RNG item shop and who knows when I’ll ever see another identical melee weapon like the one I lost.

Thanks for reading.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t really see the value in blessings that have huge downsides. Like if the upside outweighed the downside it’d be ok, but they don’t in this game.

Like a good example of a blessing with a downside would be something like this

Heavy Bullets: Your bullets deal 25% more damage, but your gun shoots 20% slower.

So in my example you get a net positive out of it since your gun does more damage and will also be more ammo efficient in some cases. Like 2 shotting vs 3 shotting a particular enemy type. You will have to get used to slower fire rate as its downside.

But the ones we have in-game are not like this, it’s usually big downside, small upside.

5 Likes

Yes, Limbsplitter is a straight up negative blessing that will ruin the vast majority of weapons in the game. Myself and my friends have “upgraded” some of our best weapons and unfortunately gotten limbsplitter. This made my grind to get a good brutal momentum axe insanely aggravating. I’ve dumped countless thousands of plasteel over this, the actual axe I use now is purple because I don’t want to risk ruining it.

3 Likes

Yeah, same, I’ll upgrade guns to Orange now but not melee weapons. It really feels like I got burned. Only purple melee weapons now.

Even if it was changed to ‘on chain attacks’ it would still be meh. As is it is 100% trolling. And yes I do have like 6 axes with it…

Literally the only blessing in the game that nerfs your weapon. I have no idea how this blessing even got approved.

I refuse to upgrade any axe if the next upgrade is a blessing due to the risk of it getting this nerf. I will not waste hours of gameplay geting mats to nerf my axe.

I know some people think this blessing is “good” cause you can just block reset. Their wrong of course.

You could just remove the -20% part and everyone could get what they want.

1 Like

You interrupt the chain by block(push(stab)), missing, waiting for too long. It’s worth on weapons with which you pushstab quite often as it makes it easy to reach oneshot-breakpoints (for example slidedancing thru shooters, oneshotting all targets with the pushstab. It’s a more reliable way to reach breakpoints as with other blessings which stack up, decay or need an initial attack/crit. Tho it has the downside of nerfing the chained attacks.
Imho a niche blessing, but well worth a consideration and therefore a valid addition to the blessing pool. But I agree, the downside could be smaller numberwise.

1 Like

Thanks for the highlight, that’s actually true now that I think about it – My push/stabs are stronger on the very first one with Limbsplitter. Problem is the first Blessing on this particular axe is the "Chaining 2 or more attacks increases power by X %. Stacks N times. Pretty much the worst possible weapon to get Limbsplitter on lol.

1 Like

There’s nothing like dying a little inside when your otherwise great combat axe gets this curse. Even after the patch you get a -10% nerf except for your first attack. Just great when you’re hacking away at a horde or a crusher. Things like this make me press the Consecrate button with dread instead of anticipation.

1 Like

shove-attacks actually continue the chain in limbsplitter; you can’t mix in shove-attacks to reset the combo. If shove-attacks did reset, then it might have some use, but the downside is still unnecessary regardless. All it needs is the bonus power on the first hit and it would be fine, like the same blessing on ranged weapons that give bonus damage on the first shots from a salvo.

2 Likes

Iam 80% sure block push-attack and misses cancel this.
And its easily testable in psykanium.

1 Like

it does, any blocking drops the combo. although i think a push attack into anything other than a push attack counts as a combo if you stop blocking.

you can also use switch weapon twice, QQ in the vernacular. this becomes a problem when servers drop inputs tho, thought about macroing something up but effo

So you get free 20-25% bonus dmg on block attacks (and maybe misses not sure)
And -10% on chained attacks which isnt good but with axes espcially thats not a big problem

I just did the tests. And no, shove-attacks keep the combo. Shove-attack only stops decimator combo.

cannot verify results, can you record and post yours please? we might have varying methodologies.

Ok, yah, I had a different understanding what you were implying. I thought you were trying to say that the shove attack resets the stacks so the next attack will do the bonus damage. The shove attack takes the bonus, and leaves the rest at a -10.

right gotcha. the relevant part is the block. if you ever block, even for a frame, the combo gets reset. if you go shove attack → attack, there’s no block in the combo. if you go shove attack-> shove attack you have to block at some point.

here’s some limbsplitter tech:

still don’t think it’s very good, but it’s interesting at least. i’d say i prefer it to all or nothing now, which means it’s not the worst in the pool.

If limbsplitter was available on the thunderhammer then I could see it keeping the current design.

then we gotta rename it into Skullcracker XDDD

1 Like

why is it called limbsplitter anyway all the names in this game are very dumb. why not, i dunno, overexert, or over do it or something. it has nothing to do with limbs.

there’s two different things called slaughter and slaughterer, the naming scheme doesn’t make any sense ie the weapon that takes a lot of heads ie kills and bonus damage? slaughter! the weapon that creates a slaughter by hitting many targets consecutively? headtaker!

2 Likes