Do new people use Limpsplitter?

Limbsplitter was “buffed” a while back, making it less of a nerf to which ever axe it happens to curse.
I know some people even before the “Buff” liked it before using block cancels to negate the the chained power nerfs and fair enough to them.

My question is, did anyone who didn’t like Limbsplitter before the buff start using it since? What do you think of it now? I recently got a T4 Limbsplitter on a really good base staff BUT I CANNOT/WILL not block cancel to make it work. That playstyle simply cannot and will not work for me. How have you built around the -10% on all chained attack to make it work?

Should I just surrender it?

Surrender.

In my opinion its a bad blessing.

On a side note the whole concept of block/weapon switching animation cancelling is a mechanic abuse. Fatshark should reward players with quicker attack speed for attacks you combo into from the first strike. Some melee fighting games do it (see Chivalry, Mordhau etc.), even if you consider they are far more complex than Tide melee ever will be.

I have it on one of my combat axes. I’d much rather have something else on it. Useful for heavy melee openers I guess?

Its cool but I think it needs a buff where the ordinary reset point in a combo would refresh it. Good stagger breakpoints and can really speed up Bulwark killing bringing them into 2 shot range possibly and staggering them on the heavy. Not for everyone but its a large damage boost that isn’t conditional and always avaliable.

If crafting was more lenient I would consider trying it on an Antax axe with Thrust and see if it can hit any interesting Break Points with a charged heavy. Might be worth on the Tactical Axe that has the cleaving heavy attack? While I would consider trying it out, I’m not going to spend the time and resources to grind up multiple axes for a playstyle I might end up hating or being bad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.