Chainaxe sticking in enemies on light attacks. Anyone used to it?

Playing vet, I want to be able to kill a heavy target, so the chain weapons are my go to. When they buff powerswords, they might work, but I want to see the chainaxe get some love. I like the moveset more than the chainsword, especially the wider attack after pushing, but it sticks and jerks my view during hectic fights. Anyone get used to it and still use it?

1 Like

Yeah me and @Reginald are fans. Dear Chaxe is a wild bull ride of a weapon but get a handle on the rhythm of it and it starts feeling pretty good.

2 Likes

I am a serious Chain Axe enthusiast. The light sticking attacks are a feature, not a bug. You just need to learn them. If it interests you I have a tutorial on their usage that’s only moderately out of date, most of the key details are there. I also have some builds centered around its usage from Patch 13. Once you learn it its one of the more stylish and engaging weapons to use.

Great video. If anyone is interested, it’s on youtube as The Chain Axe - A tutorial by Reginald. The other chain weapons seem do the opposite of the chainaxe on heavy and light attacks. This plus the short range makes it seem completely inferior, but the video shows it can be very effective if you don’t swing the camera around when you attack. Swinging the camera is a habit I’ve picked up from various melee combat games because it gives longer swings (chivalry and mordheim being the major ones), but is much less effective in this game in general, and is detrimental when using the chainaxe.

Appreciate it because I don’t like the shorty chainsword, especially the push followup, and if I am playing vet, and the buffs on the powersword don’t work for me, I won’t use the vet period. This gives me an interesting option.

Going to farm chainaxes with my zealot to get blessings and give it a real shot.

1 Like

Strongly recommend Slaughterer and Bloodletter. Best perk combo is Maniac and Unyielding. I’d pick Maniac for reliable rev oneshots on Muties for most games. But if I’m going monstrous specials I’d do Unyielding instead and let the bleed stacks finish off my mutie kills. Depending on who brought what weapons (hammer means I place lower) I am usually netting between 80k and 150k boss damage in a monstrous specials game.

Good tips. I hate muties too. Bloodletter seems ideal for the bleeding + crit build on the zealot, as long as I can stay alive.

I havent found crit worth it on chaxe. I recommend simply stacking bleed as a DoT and using Inexorable Judement as a keystone to net additional attack speed and starting damage. Keep in mind bleed stacks max at 16 which is blood letter 4’s output and its actually nuts to deal like 2000 damage followed by another 200 (soon 175 was it?) per tick.

Haven’t rolled a good one to try seriously, but the sticking mechanic felt fine-ish. I like it as a distinguishing feature from other chain weapons.

1 Like

Big Chaine axe lovers as well, it works really well but you need to train a bit before make use of the full potential of this weapon.
@Reginald
go watch his tuto on ytb
very nice btw

1 Like

Run 3X stamina regen perks no matter who, and every attack speed along the way. Ripsaws can actually 2 shot a lot of decently chunky enemies now and have awesome visuals, you just need to know when to throw lights. Seriously they’re like 700 damage now, finally proper carnage. Thrust exists but now I don’t know what breakpoints it hits. This is easily the most satisfying melee weapon to succeed with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.