Bugs with Bots pathing/getting stuck/falling off ledges

Issue Summary: With every patch you update/load bots are becoming worse and worse with pathing, getting stuck, falling off ledges and running into mobs. It happens to me in about every game I play and I usually play a couple a day. The maps where it is an extreme problem is Skittergate. The 2nd tome they usually fall off the small jumps every time. I’ve had to go back and pick up all my bots over 12 times and it happens every time you go to that tome. Also the 1st Grim, the bots get stuck and sit there for a long time and even if you task 1 with getting the grim it doesn’t auto loot like it does for some that they can never seem to reach. 1st tome in festering blight the bots wont jump and will not spawn on other side if you wait a long time. Those are the worst ones I can think of but there are more that I cant think of right now.

There is also a problem I have been noticing of my bots charges into the middle of a horde and dying instantly instead of sticking close to me and the others which they normally do. I’m not sure why they run in to do or what happened but as I stated above with each new patch they seem to get less and less smart.

I play on Champion with all bots

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play the maps I listed below that have the Major problems
  2. Go to the tomes/grims I also listed
  3. Watch in horror as bots try to kill themselves and make that map/area almost unplayable with bots.

Reproduction Rate (Choose One): Constant/100% in the areas I listed above. I will send you more as I come across them again and remember.
Once
Rare (< 10%)
Unusual (< 25%)
Common (< 50%)
Often (< 75%)
Constant (100%)

Additional Information:
While I know this is a team game I usually have to play with bots on private due to the lack of knowledge in the player base you usually set me up with. I play on champion and up and having non-30s or unexperienced players is making me not want to play the game at all, which is a shame because it is a good game and fun. Now that more patches have come out and bots are having more problems I’m seeing that there really isn’t a way to play for fun like I want to when the bots keep bugging out.

[Attach a Screenshot and/or Video Evidence]
(Screenshots and/or video evidence (if applicable) can be particularly helpful. To upload, click the ‘Upload’ icon within the post controls.)

ON PC:

[Attach Your DxDiag]
(Press ‘START’ and enter ‘DxDiag’. Select the DxDiag app and allow it to load. Once loaded, click the 'Save All Information…" button and save to a location of your choosing. To upload, click the ‘Upload’ icon within the post controls.)

[Attach Your Session Console Log]
(Navigate to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs and locate the log that corresponds with the particular session in which your issue occurred. To upload, click the ‘Upload’ icon within the post controls.)

1 Like

I’ve realised this too. Don’t have much of a problem on Skittergate though. Sometimes they hang before the spot where you can reach the first tome. When they do, they rarely fall another time, but it has happend.
On Halescourge it’s the worst for me when I’m reaching out for the 1st grim and the way on through the destroyed houses till we reach solid ground.

Also bots sometimes don’t react to pick up orders, engage patrols or just stand somewhere until I’m out of reach and they get teleported.

An AI overhaul for bots would be great!

If you’re playing on PC get the bot combat improvement mod, helps a lot of their behaviors. Not sure about pathing in those specific spots but worth a shot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.