Brunt’s Armoury needs something to be done about it

Welcome to everything that we were saying two and a half weeks ago.

You can very much get any pattern out of pure unmitigated RNG as each roll is a completely independent event completely unrelated and unaffected by any other roll.

Over long enough periods of time you get the bell curve pattern observed, but that’s generally in the hundreds or thousands of data points.

5 Likes

I called Brunt’s Armory being a monkey’s paw addition and I was right. There is an element of malice behind any changes to the item system that keep it frustrating on the whole. I’m on a quest to replace the 3 or so good staffs I got on psyker that were bricked with stamina/weakpoint damage/T2 blessings. Its just ‘get extremely lucky to even see a staff’. The fact that they can’t just roll the damn bar up is just depressing at this point. I could point out how a well-rolled Plasma Gun at 370+ could still take multiple appearances in the store before you even arrive at a usable one, because of the importance of 4 bars. Having to sift through mountains of 350 and below power trash on top of that makes the weapon system disgusting bloat. Why is trashing weapons worth nothing if 99.95% are trash?

4 Likes

Don’t worry I wasn’t saying you’re endorsing it or anything and I get that’s rng, just saying it made me frustated to see you pull multiple 70+s and I’m stuck with my trash pile haha.

Wasn’t Brunt’s suppose to be a way to test out a weapon and see if you like it and than wait for it to turn up as a decent choice in the shop or melk?
Still, I don’t think you should put such emphasis on the rolled stats of your weapon, and especially chasing 80 or 370+ ratings.

Start looking at the weapon you’re making. Look at the actual numbers that are getting adjusted between getting 60 or 80 in a certain stat and see if it’s actually worth the sludge of trying to get higher stats.
From the weapons I’ve seen the difference is so small that you won’t even notice it. We’re talking 0.3 vs 0.33 attack speed, or dodge distance 0.8 vs 0.81, or +1-5 damage etc

The melee weapons are clearly designed to be either Horde Clearance or mid clearance and the ranged weapons are usually mid clearance and big boy killers, with some horde clearance thrown in.
So look at the stats, see if the stat increase is enough to go from 2hit kill to 1hit kill, or 3hit to 2 hit etc.
This means 200 unarmed damage, 300 infested damage and 200 or 400 flak/maniac damage.
If it is, sweet!! keep trying for the perfect roll or sweetspot/threshold!
If it isn’t. then stop chasing it and settle.

Odds are any weapon you wanna make will benefit a lot more from 2 T4 perks and 1 T4 blessings than any amount of stat combination you can roll, and those Perk/Blessings are far more obtainable.

As a quick example.
Ogryns Bull Cleaver’s unarmed damage, he has 165 at 80, and loses about 8 dmg per 10 stats.
70 overall stats with +25% damage perk gives about 205 damage. this 1hit kills horde and 2 hits mid enemies on damnation.
80 overall stats with +20% damage only gets 198 damage, that’s a huge loss in time to kill as you will need 2 hits to kill trash and you’ll need 3 hits to kill some of the mid hordes with 400 hp.
50 overall stat with +25% damage with +15% damage on each kill, @2 stacks he will be doing 218 damage and 267 at 5 stacks, that’s a lot of excess dmg past 2 stacks which aren’t needed and won’t change his TTK or cleave
30 overall, the lowest possible i believe, with the same Perk and Blessing combination will do 212 damage at 3 stacks.

80 overall with 25% Perk + 15% blessing @5 stacks is going to be 330 damage, that is a lot more and seems amazing, but it won’t change your TTK drastically. Horde is still 1 hit and mid horde is still 2 hit for the most part, and the same combination with 70 overall is still 314 and the 30 overall is 250.
Now this is all before adding weakspot/critical and heavy attacks into the mix, which will change, alter and adjust some of the thresholds, and adding infested into the mix changes things a little bit, but not so much that 80 is ever required.

So, start looking at the actual stats and how they change your weapon. Every weapon has a sweetspot where the optimal TTK is reached and further stat chase is completely redundant imo.
There are weapons that simply cannot turn from 2->1 or 3->2 because no amount of perk, stat or blessing combination will allow them to break that threshold. So find your sweetspot and stop chasing 370+.
for the Cleaver above, it’s clear that he doesn’t even need stats to be beastly, he only needs a bit of dmg stat to help with killing infested or use heavy swings on them.
(fatshark please don’t read this and nerf cleaver…look away fatshark… look away!)

So I truly hope you haven’t been discarding those 53 weapons you’ve bought and dismissed because of their stat allocation, since the right Perk and Blessing will always be far more important, and the only thing you should be chasing is getting a T4 Perk and Blessing from RNG, so you can than add your own second type.

TL;DR
1 T4 Perk and 1 T4 Blessing is going to far outweigh any amount of stat chasing you can do. The odds of getting a decently 60 overall stat weapon with a T2/3 Perk and Blessing you want is far far far more likely to happen and will most likely give you the same TTK or might even be better, since you can control the 2nd Perk and Blessing you can always aim to get the weaker/less useful of the two you want as the RNG one.

So the chase for 80 and 370+ rating is unnecessary and will likely not matter, but it will only turn you insane and frustrated, or at least insanely frustrated.

though I could be wrong. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree…
But when you have already a 350 weapon with T2 blessing… you search for a better one…
if you can’t find a better one… no need to have a crafting feature.
I never searched for 380 weapon with T4 perks and T4 blessings.

In fact I aim at one T4 perk (but for this a good weapon with good modifiers are mandatory) and 2 blessings I want at T3.

1 Like

Thats why I hate RNG (in such situations like the Armoury).
First, because it is RNG it is bound to happen that some get ALL good things in a few tries and some almost never - the huge rest is in the middle.

Never understood therefore the heavy use of RNG with something like the shop - chances are too high, that someone needs (subjectively) too many tries to get something meaningful.
I know that FS wants us to “keep playing the game” and/or “coming back”, but I come back because I love 40k and the gameplay itself (doing missions with fine folk and kill heretics), I do not come to buy 10s or 100s of weapons and upgrading them in hopes to get ONE worth using.
I still use found weapons for like… 50-100hours because I got nothing better so far.
RNG is chaos - at least if it that expensive and one-sided as in DT.
VT2 was bad on its own, but in VT2 I had WAY more fun with (real) crafting and re-rolling stuff than in ~200hours here.
(Another problem is the siloing of resources, so I can not even use the mats and coins from my mains to get some fun of the other operatives…)

2 Likes

At least New Vegas had a working crafting system ; P
And do not get me started on Las Vegas - Vegas is hell, but cool at the same time, nothing like the stuff happening in DT.

While better than nothing this is “Roblox” like gameplay (get one free after XXXX tries), nothing we should have or need in DT (in my opinion). Not saying Roblox can not be fun, but… yeah. Why not standards from good games like Horizon, Borderlands, etc. were RNG was also huge but fun+gameplay were way more than that.

No they expressly stated that it was to find one with a good base stats and upgrade it, they even said as much in their update post.

It’s also there because the chances of finding say a psyker staff is currently absolutely terrible.

While good advice i think the issue is past a certain point there is nowhere really too go with it. A lot of times 350s and 360s can work but if you already rolled a 370 with 80s in damage but dump stating something important the most you can do is try and roll something comparable with slightly better stats or a better blessing, etc.

Being real there isn’t a whole ton of content so once you tried one of every weapon your want progression wise all you got left is going the brunts route if malks or the regular store doesn’t give you anything.

This is as stated the system working as intended. Getting 53 weapons with nothing worth using on them is entirely possible in the system.

1 Like

Ok first part of my test…
after the patch, I have bought 20 weapons from Brunt’s Armoury
I have obtained 3 360+ and 2 370+ (375 and 378).
That’s 4 more than when I purchased 53 weapons before the patch (before the patch I had got 1 360+ over 53 weapons bought and this one was… off course a bad one).

They still exist but are about as rare as T4’s appearing before patch 4.

1 Like

the whole system is awful and needs to be different, not just brunt’s

1 Like

i dunno if they’re that rare but they’re rare. i have also seen postpatch screenshots of T4s in the store, but that outcome is now impossibly rare.

I have a pretty good ripper gun MKV. My only grief is my can opener T2.

Spent a lot of resources to upgrade weapons to blue to get it AT LEAST on T3. Not even once I got it. Neither in the shop, I had one in melk’s, but not enough marks (that wouldn’t be a problem if resources were shared account wide)

Something needs to change. I don’t want to get everything instantly but the grind is real AND you don’t even know if you will be able to get it (RNG). Not a problem to work for my stuff, but praying to potentially get it ? Fcuk that.

1 Like

Sounds to me like RNG and nothing else. I personally have noticed nothing different in terms of weapon rolls.
Yeah its still deeply flawed system like many have already pointed / tried pointing out.

1 Like

Come on, who are you to question the system until you’ve tried it enough? Let’s say 3500 hours per character? Once you do that, feel free to complain.

1 Like

From my tests… the new patch solved the situation.
Today a new serie of 10 purchases.
2 370+ and 2 360+

So since the patch, I acquired 30 weapons and obtained:
5 360+
4 370+

Before this patch, I had bought 53 weapons and got 1 360+

But to avoid what several say it is possible, my suggestion is yet a solution.
However, I tend to think they silently changed the odds… by accident, intentionally, i don’t know. But if I can play, what matters for me is that they solved it.

I think you just had a lucky run after a bad run, because I’m still getting nothing good on Brunts. My rate is about 1 in 20 for a 370+.

It’s still a bad system because the RNG still swings too wildly both from person to person and individually as well.

1 Like

That’s why I proposed something…

You want the Brunt’s armory to have more flashing lights and a lever you can pull, and Hadron serving drinks and cards at her station in a hot outfit?

No wait don’t answer that last one.