Blightstormer Vortex causes PC to restart

Issue Summary:
Every time eiter I or someone I’m spectating get(s) sucked into a vortex my entire PC restarts. I do not know since when this is happening. My guess is either after the Quiet Drink Update or it could also have to do with my new pc. I did not encouter this problem on my old PC. I have not been able to send a crash report since it restarts my PC.
My PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
16gb DDR 4
RTX 2070
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
DirectX12

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Get sucked into a vortex/ sectate someone that does

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Additional Information:

Sounds like hardware issue.

Possibly power supply cant provide enough power and overload protection triggers.
Can be thermal protection as well (cpu overheat).
Or unstable overclock.

What about other games? Have you tried running any stress tests on new pc (aida, cinebench, furmark)?

I have no problems with other games and I have not overclocked anything. I can’t imagine why it would only happen when I get sucked into a vortex. No other game has crashed on my PC so far and this is the only issue I have with Vermintide 2.
Still thank you for the reply.

Still try limit your fps to 120~

Change to direct 11 and see if its still problem, dx12 have some strange problems with this game

Ultimately it will be down to a hardware or driver instability. It’s worth seeing if there’s any useful information within the Windows Event Viewer.

How can I check that?
Edit:
I have tested it some more, it seems to have fixed itself. I still don’t know what caused it.

I love it when an issue resolves itself. :smiley:

Should it occur again, navigate to the Windows Event Viewer and look under the ‘Windows Logs > System’ category. More information on the Windows Event Viewer and how to use it can be seen here.

I switched back to DX 11 maybe that fixed it. But I’ll be sure to check it out should it occur again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.