Blessing Descriptions Need Fixing

The wording of a lot of blessings are pretty poorly phrased right now. A friend of mine assumed that T4 Thrust would only give +20% Power, with +6.7% per stack of Thrust, when it’s actually the case that you get +20% per stack. This is an easy mistake to make, considering it starts with “Up to”.

Similarly, Deathspitter does not mention max stacks (5). There are also numerous typos (Surgical, for example, says “second” instead of “seconds”) and strange grammar use (“Hitting x enemies with an attack, increases damage by y%” doesn’t need a comma).

Perhaps strangest of all, the game makes no effort to explain what Enemy Hit Mass or a Salvo is. This is information that must be researched from external sources, instead of having a little glossary ingame.

I know this is really nitpicky, but it’s been bugging me and I can’t help but complain about it. Thrust’s wording really DOES need fixing, though.

3 Likes

Hit Mass, Salvo, Brittleness (% or ??), Impact, Power, Rending (again % or ??)… literally none of these describe what they actually DO/ARE mechanically, and there’s no in-game glossary which of course requires us to go to the interwebs and hope that the people who’ve compiled the info have gleaned accurate information to relay back to us…

Just another in a long line of obscure development choices that Fatshark has a history of making. Why hide this information? They don’t have to include the math on layers and layers of whatever damage system they’ve Frankensteined together, just a simple glossary for what their keywords are…

They hide it for one of two reasons:

1. It makes it harder to actually realize what the good blessings are, avoiding a V2 situation where everyone wanted that one blessing for their melee and ignored everything else

2. At least one of the devs is of the opinion that giving players actual information just leads to metagaming and for some reason that’s a bad thing.

Realistically I’m of the opinion that Fatshark wants to avoid having to actually balance their game mathematically speaking because that takes effort.

1 Like

Which falls apart pretty much instantly because the game actually is fairly balanced, very few weapons or blessings are outright unviable. Despite some weapons obviously being way better than others (columnus mk5 comes to mind), everything at least works, and players can make builds and weapon/blessing combos to suit their playstyles and still be effective.

The game is fine. The information the players are receiving is not.

1 Like

This goes for the game as well as the developer.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.