Bardin: Pickaxe Requires a Buff

Prolly depends heavily on build either way. Slayer has a lot more variance in how he can be built than most other classes.

Where are you getting the number from that 1h hammer attacks at 2x the speed? According to unshame’s sheet, 1h hammer strikes are 0.55-0.5 (if we include a block cancel in there, costing a minimum of 0.3s the average time is 0.62s, 0.55+0.5+0.5+0.3=1.85, 1.85/3=0.62, which is more 21% faster). Edit: the pick is at 0.75
And cleaving is almost certainly not about the same, the pick has litterally 2x the cleave.

I’ll pitch in again and say that I feel the Pickaxe is amazing on Slayer. The lack of interruptions you get on using light-spam vs. charged spam with a 2h hammer is very refreshing. As much as I love using 2h hammers, I feel like I get kicked in the dongliz whenever I use Leap, charge and get stopped by a single trash unit - forcing me to shove and dodge back which wastes a good chunk of the ult.

1 Like

The problem is that there are 2 more careers on bardin. I would like to be able to use every weapon on every character (excluding career locked weapons, of course) and still have fun. Pickaxe on both IB and RV for me is absolute anti-fun. It is at its worst when there is a single marauder you need to kill. Its so painful to spend the time to attack 3-4 times with light hits because getting a charge hit out without him hitting you is barely possible. And spending all the time charging and then recovering also isnt fun at all.

2 Likes

And halberd is extraordinarily fast for its size.