I can’t honestly be the only one to think this, right? They have so many bugs and issues that can make them completely insane, unfair and unfun to deal with, and yet no one ever talks about it. They:
- Still have the bug where they cancel smoke bomb and pounce straight after that
- They sometimes completely skip animations, appearing to instantaneously teleport across a ledge or bridge
- Half the time don’t even face you when pouncing on you
- Even when you dodge, they instantaneously try and pounce on you again, often times with their back turned to you
- Sometimes just pounce right into where you just dodged? Even though you dodged mid-pounce?
- Can pounce when climbing onto the top of a spiky metal fence, or skip their landing animation after jumping over a fence and instantly pounce you (and yes, normally they do their landing animations just like any other enemy)
- Can glide across maps completely silently, giving you no sound to react to, or any direction from where it’s coming, which really begs the question of how you’re supposed to be fine with that if it does manage to pounce on you like that
- Sometimes just hyperdrive their way right on top of you, appearing as if to teleport right on your body
- Have no attack delay after pouncing, meaning they keep pouncing and pouncing without calibrating their movements or turning to face you
- If in melee, they can just roll through your body behind you, even if you’re attacking and staggering them from the front, then insta-pounce on you just like that
- And lastly, they appear to have 2x the speed they actually should, sometimes have a death wish and just walk up to you and don’t appear to always try and keep their distance
Just look at these 2 mods:
Why are these mods not just simply integrated into the game? Enemy Teleport Fix is just a straight bug fix, and I’d argue Assassin Behaviour Tweaks are too, since I highly doubt assassins are meant to be like this.
Do I have any proof for any of the behaviours I just listed? No, I do not record my own footage, cause I run the game with an i3-3220 and 6gb of RAM. I play at >30 FPS with constant lagspikes, game freezes and stuttering, and uploading a 30m video can take be the entire day. But if you have any significant amount of hours into the game, then you know that at least some of the stuff that I listed happens, and the 2 mods I just provided aren’t fake that do nothing.
Please, assassins are a pain to deal with. It’s not about them being “too challenging”, it’s about them being literally bugged in more ways than one. Playing with the 2 mods above actually makes them feel good and proper, and no it doesn’t make them too weak.