Assassin Rats Need Ballancing - They Grab Us In Ridiculous Places

From host perspective. Assassin going into “ready to pounce stance”. then decides to walk around uneven terrain and instapounce without going into that animation again.

This is most frequent assassin behavior
Admit, not frequent problem, frequent behavior
I rarely see them acting as they really should to

At this point fatshark should delete them and recode and reintroduce again

2 Likes

This is why V3 desperately needs to be made with a commercial game engine, like Unreal or Unity or whatever. The spaghetti code infects everything in the game and brings it down, from enemy behavior to bugs to a crazy long dev cycle.

This game could make a mint if it worked right and had just a few more features.

1 Like

I’d prefer assassins just be removed from the game until all their jank is fixed due to how many runs have been lost to them bugging out and doing something that was impossible to counter.

Why I stopped doing true solos in a 21 second video.

Gutter Runners and Pack Masters spawning too close, having no sound or catching you despite a dodge/push is the biggest buzz kill in this game for me.

1 Like

My problems with assassins:

• spawn/teleport on a player;
  • bugged animation;
  • no sound;
  • sound from the wrong direction.

They must be heavily reworked.

He changed stances. AND? You can clearly see that the assassin went into the pounce stance before the actual jump. This can happen. Not to mention, the player in question went for the push, after the dodge, too early.

Regarding the actual post, this seems to be a general lack of situational awareness. I am not talking about silent hooks and assassins, those are hard to deal with. On legend up to 4(2 of the same can spawn) specials can be alive at a time. That number goes up to 6(3 of the same can spawn) on cata. Keep count.
If you hear the assassin sound queue, immediately look behind you while holding block. This way you have a push attack ready if an assassin did spawn behind you. Do the same when it teleports away as they can teleport right behind you.
About the whole mid-air grab, ladder grab… how did you put yourself into a position time and time again where you have been pounced? So much so rather that you have came all the way to forums. Without any recordings of game play I cannot with certainty blame the game for this nor can I give any advice.
Did you hear any sound queues? Did you check behind you for silent assassins before you started climbing, or went for the jump? Were all 4(or 6) specials dead? Did more specials started spawning just as you were about make your move? Make no mistake, climbing/jumping puts you into a vulnerable position, hence you need be absolutely sure you won’t be punished when doing so.

About charging Ults. We simply disagree. There is little for me to say that would be meaningful.
Knockback ults instantly affect the entire AoE(spherical not circular). Meaning, that these ults should be considered more like a flash of light rather than a shock wave. These ults have no travel time. Their AoE can be checked by holding the ultimate button. This doesn’t work for RV though. Not sure IB.
The AoE is pretty small. And assassins are fast. This calls for good timing. If the assassin isn’t in the AoE the moment the ult takes effect. You will miss. WHC’s ult works against assassins. As does Ranger Veteran’s. And Merc’s, and BW’s and Unchained’s too. RV’s ult is finicky though as he needs to first smash the smoke bomb against the ground for the knock back to take place.

I fully admit that assassins are deranged and the most unpredictable enemy in the entire game. I don’t think they will be fixed any time soon. Your best bet is to go into the modded and realm and get used to their quirks.

Really hard to get used to them when they constantly instapounce me as their spawn noise plays. At least you have time to react to other disablers when you hear or see them spawn - for me gutter runners often do not give me any options.

And don’t even get me started on how stupid the guaranteed damage you can take when you’re playing on ping is. You can literally kill the Runner off of yourself and still take damage due to ping.

1 Like

Dodge is way too early. Push is probably right on the edge of being too early. It looks like before this clip starts, Kruber shouts so assassin goes into running state, then clearly goes into pounce crouch. Should it have a cooldown? Maybe

I think part of the problem is that while they leap their hitbox is deliberately displaced from their character model. L4D did this too. It’s to make them harder to shoot down mid jump. Sadly, it also means they can grab you even when they visually appear to be nowhere near you.