Are there any Fatshark supporters after these months of Silence?

This is actually becoming very sad to see how more and more people become pessimistic and sarcastic about Darktide, even supporters know that disapointment is to be expected from Fatshark.

It’s just very saddening, I am barely holding myself from hating on Fatshark because of this overwhelming silence(those attempts at comunicating are kinda meh tbh) and lack of content.

And the recent “screenshot” insident is just WOW I can’t believe it.

Recommend everyone to just drop the hopes and have fun in Helldivers 2, or any other game, like Deep Rock Galactic :+1:

Will come back to Darktide after some chunky update like one in October tho, best of luck to Fatshark to not lose those 3k people who are still playing the game

16 Likes

The community has been thoroughly poisoned and isn’t something that is pleasant to interact with.

Honestly I don’t know if the community can be fixed anymore even if the game gets fixed to perfection, this game mismanagement stuff warps many peoples views into negativity more or less permanently. Like creating anti-fans or w/e.

11 Likes

sorry, can´t if it aint 40k AND fps.

DRG might be good on a mechanical level, can´t get past the humor and art style though, need my pounds of meat on the floor and chunks of gore to feel at home in a game world :grin:

HD2 is third person so i won´t even bother, been a fps guy ever since the days of 93´doom.
got some silly vibes as well, again humor aint my cup of tea (fill in liber-pun here)

darktides style and movement is so right up my alley that even other games i cherished so far lack that dopamine i´m craving here and i sadly miss the melee"oomph" when coop-ing dead island 2 with my buddy.

gets me smiling ear to ear to dismember them zombies but whacking ogryn style is now my “baseline” for satisfying melee combat.

1 Like

Helldivers II is really different. At first, I have just died, died again, died again again… and then I started to kill bugs, kill bugs, die, kill bugs…
However the main difference is the total lack of melee combat.

This being said, Helldivers II has great immersion, nice map selection, variety in missions, 2 totally different enemy factions, lot of weapons top cool, no need to pay to get an item (as you can get credits in the game), smooth progression.
Guy, I was sceptic cause I love DT… but must say that the game is excellent and that it evolves really fast.

Now let’s do the painful comparison with fatshark…
Crafting is bad, missions are repetitive and communication is totally unsatisfying. I can’t even say what will come in the next patch, I don’t know what they plan and I feel every days the lack of new content.

Must say that Fatshark can’t seem to learn, even when they say that they will communicate with us, they fail at it.
It can’t believe that every FS post seems to be a state matter… to not even show us what to expect. I understand it with the community that is always upset, but it is not satisfying.

Don’t get me wrong. DT is great about combat and I like it… but the lack of communication is really terrible.

2 Likes

I do have to agree that the community mood is dire. But I feel I should direct your attention to the initial reaction to ‘What’s Coming Up in Darktide’.

All you really have to do is give people what they want, on time, and at a pace of about every two weeks.

Sometimes all they want is news. Sometimes they want updates of the ‘live service’ that was promised. But if you keep stuff moving, people are usually receptive.

Fatshark’s fatal flaw is that they can’t do this, and they refuse to change in order to become capable of doing so. Something is severely rotten in management and it’s dragging the entire company down.

But they COULD turn the community mood around. Quick, meaty updates, without constantly adding in old bugs, and fixing the player-hostile architecture, would be enough to repair their reputation.

14 Likes

Mayson should be here anytime now…

6 Likes

Dropped the game since they don’t bother fixing gamepad alternate layout bug and there is nothing to do in the game if you have decent golds. I usually farm for the best loot out there but there is no route to do so I the Darktide.

At this point I am more interested in a documentary about FatShark and how things went down. There is something going on within the company right? Maybe they just keeping the game running with two devs and two drip designers only to sell cosmetics. I want to know this part of the story.

2 Likes

no disagreement here :smile:

yet hd2 i feel the opposite way, artwork and world in general leaves me totally cold, no immersion for me and to a great amount due to third person.

if that aint me in the world through my own eyes i don´t bother “feel” the world around me, whenever possible i mod in visible legs and feet and spend some time looking down :upside_down_face:

but even beyond that, neither the plastic looking equipment weapons or armor is of any appeal to me in a style sense.

neither bugs nor robots feel satisfy to kill, blowing faces of heretics feels far more rewarding.

40k has something i “can” put my finger on (would create a whole wall of text though to write down)
where i feel right at home. love the textures, weapons, items etc. it´s a world i could open my eyes in, take a deep breath, crack my knuckles and be happy as a pig in mud (dead pig within weeks maybe but until then happy nontheless)

its quake without the kd pressure and in my age (and crappy shifts) its what i need to feel like the lan party excesses of old.

I feel that the communication of FS is that:

while it should be

And the difference between the two, is what they deliver us… no roadmap, no communication of what is planned, we don’t know what weapons will come, if a new faction will appear…
I like surprises sure… but here it is not this. We don’t get any information from them.
When they communicate we don’t know what to expect.
What means we will rework penances? great (or no cause i don’t care)… but what it means?
As always, we will get the answer when it is done. If it is terrible, we will have to deal with it, complain and wait several months that they correct their system. However, they won’t change the system and we would have no voice on it.
My feeling is that they don’t consider their player base. And that is terrible for a game that wants to rely on an active player base cause it is based on cooperation between players. This, and all what is made against casual players (lack of material, crafting etc) is driving away the player base.
If you add the outrageous prices for cosmetics, well, my opinion is that they seem totally unable to manage their own game and its player base.

5 Likes

Never could understand why people gatekeeping themselves from good stuff and can’t enjoy both grimdark and silly cosy stuff.

5 Likes

Fatshark fan here!

I acknowledge their failings and in my way I personally have done my best to try to help steer them in a better direction and to help them avoid pitfalls.

I think darktide is a fantastic game! I prefer it to vermintide 2!

I love their sense of humor

Their dev blogs are fantastic - when they do them

I love learning about level design choices, so this was a fun read

Its hard not to be carried away with the PHENOMINAL voice acting!

I love it, there’s another video I can’t find discussing the “weightiness” and the feel of the weapons and how they created that - if anyone has it, post it please!

9 Likes

Supporters? No, but that doesn’t mean I’m against them either. It doesn’t work like that. I just don’t subscribe to the whole “either / or” thinking or outrage mentality in general, no matter how popular it seems to be. No reasonable or a kind person should imo.

Rather than seeing things in black & white, spewing toxicity every which way either against the devs, the players, or a random forumite who happens to disagree with me (not blaming anyone in particular here mind, just pointing out there’s been a lot of that going on ever since release), I accept that like most things in life it’s a package deal. Like it or not.

From my PoV, Darktide is an amazing game with so many fantastic qualities from its gameplay to build variation to the way it allows player creativity. But it also has bugs like soundless trappers, balance issues, lackluster cosmetics and character customization options (faces & hairstyles for women -cough-), and ofc that gearing. Fatshark has created two of the best horde shooters I’ve ever seen in my life. But their communication is beyond horrid, they take what feels like 10x longer to fix issues or release content than an average dev half their size, and nothing has changed in many years now.

We have no way of knowing what’s wrong. In their business and a company that size, it could literally be anything. Blame game is fruitless, and resorting to personal insults, threats and random temper tantrums doesn’t help anyone. Best we can do is share our views, accept that beyond that it’s out of our hands, and finally make a choice of whether what we have is good enough to stick around… or not, and it’s time to move on.

4 Likes

I’m still a Fatshark supporter. I’ve been around since the first Vermintide game. I think what separates me a bit from, what seems to be the case of the forum folks is… I don’t really follow game news and updates in the same way.

To me, if a game is updated, that’s nice and fine. If it doesn’t, well, in time it probably will. If I get bored or don’t like what they are doing, I’ll leave. This is something rather new, to me at least, that people are so invested in the games the play. That’s not to say I’m invested, but not in the making and managing of the game.

Of course I want a game to do well and be developed and add new stuff and what not. But at the same time, I don’t really care. Darktide is one of my most played games (at least in Steam stats, and to my “defense”, half of the time is AFK:ing). Yet, I’m not too bothered by it all.

Am I disappointed? Yes I am. But, what am I going to do about it? Complain? Will that make them do anything faster? Better? My guess is, no.

I’m a believer of “vote with your wallet”. Sure, I got roped into buying the early early pre-alpha access. :smiling_face_with_tear: But, I do that with many games. And mostly, after a full year or two, those games become actually good. Division 1, Division 2, Diablo 3, soon Diablo 4 even though Season 2 was pretty solid, and there are other examples too. Rest in peace Anthem. :pleading_face:

In one year, Darktide has made great leaps, as did Vermintide games. So I am confident that if I quit, I will return at a later date and enjoy the more developed product.

Enough ranting. Long story short, it is what it is. I’ve enjoyed the game well over the money I spent. I haven’t bought any cosmetics (not a brag as many seem to want to do), simply because I’ve found them too pricey and I do not like that I have to wait for rotations of weapon cosmetics. If they sold an entire weapon pack for ALL weapons, I’d buy it before it got on the store page. The character cosmetics I’d like to be discounted and in a 4-character pack, like there was in Vermintide, where I bought a LOT of cosmetics.

5 Likes

HD2 core gameplay is a shallow 3rd person shooter with some call-in support abilities. DRG is charming sure. It has some briliant ideas, such as the progression system and more importantly the amazing procedural map generation system, but overall is too shallow for me in terms of core gameplay also.

When it comes to Darktide…there is only so much content and cloud server bills you can buy with $35 and the cosmetic shop. The shop has not so smart cosmetic rotations, terrible pricing and copy / pasted models made by some Chinese 3rd party which has no skin in the game.

The first order of things should make all items available in the cosmetic shop permamently, use real money pricing and slash the prices by half.

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it.

The way they are handling things only breeds apothy and once apothy sets in you lose even the most dedicated fans. Once that happens for long enough, your game’s dead.

9 Likes

Yeap, for a game which was designed around the live service model with a cosmetic shop, it does a poor job at pacing content drops to maintain sufficient interest in the playerbase. Who is going to buy these new cosmetics if so many players simply uninstall and forget the game exists?

Also Fatshark just does not want my money. Let say I like a certain cosmetic set, and I feel like throwing some money at them. Whoops, guess what? It is no longer in the shop, I suppose I will buy Helldivers 2 bling instead.

The shop is build around the idea that FOMO will increase Fatshark’s revenue in the long run. No, it won’t.

3 Likes

Darktide. My most played game currently.

I just hope player count doesn’t effect match making time. VT2 can still match make very quickly after all these years and hope same for Darktide.

1 Like

You kids need to chill out. Communication aside, development takes time. It ESPECIALLY takes time when you dont want to overwork your workers with crunchtime. When publishers put their studios into cruchtime its always a big deal that makes all the drama with the public getting mad at the poor worker treatment.
And here apparently fatshark doesnt deserve basic human rights?
During launch? Absolutely, they scammed us with an unfinished broken product, they better fu*king crunch to fix it, i paid for it after all.
But now? They’ve done thier job (for the most part), crunch is over, back to reasonable working hours.

And can you actually blame fatshark for being quiet? This forum is by far the most toxic place i’ve ever been in.
Also, take a look at other developers, when “no man’s refund” developers stay completely quiet not even a single post or anything at all and everyone is praising them to high heavens. Fatshark does the same and they’re being assaulted and shat on and berated from every front.
At the start of darktide, they got GOOD well deserved criticism, and now? just take a look at the posts… 80% of them are just toxic comments like “fatshark’s incompetent” “game is dead” “terrible developer” and all that.

That i absolutely agree with, just chill for fu*k’s sake, play something else. Enjoy life and dont berate someone else for not wanting to spend 12 hours a day working on something for other people just so that they can get the stuff faster.

5 Likes

I think everyone here should just take a look at themselves for once. If you’re not willing to end up like this doing nothing but working all your life :

Then dont expect others to. Stop berating the devs for taking holidays and days off, they’re human too. And i extremely doubt they want to put this game above their life.
Criticize the game? Hell yea, do say where the game sucks and how it could be better. All forms of art always benefit from good criticism. But stop it with the dumb insults and toxicity.

1 Like

There are people who will defend corporations no matter what they do, so it shouldn’t be surprising that there are still people who would defend fatshark.

7 Likes