Anyone have any Hopium for the May Patch

TIME TO PLAY: how did it age!!!

1. Fatshark exceeds expectations announcing 2 maps instead of one! (Good job! For real!)
  2. Fatshark meets expectations by releasing chaos spawn teased in the opening trailer of the game since six months past!
  3. in-game-currency cosmetics shops is a good thing from a visual variety perspective. I have no objections here but it doesn’t excite. Its the minimum requirement for not having the disasterous launch that happened on PC repeated on Xbawks.
  4. QoL changes pending information
  5. some event? could be fun. pending more information.
4 Likes

announced 2, releasing 1 at patch, so kindaaaa

2 Likes

Announced 2, locked 1.
#breakthelocks

3 Likes

I really thought there was really going to be something with crafting…not breaking locks probably, but just something else. Not, this? Is this all that they’ve been working on? A 1.5 maps and reskinned cosmetics? Did it take their entire dev team to add a community event and a map through an existing area?

2 Likes

XBOX is very obviously eating most of thier resources. I am really surprised and disapointed they have chosen not to announce anything about the Locks on:

Mission Difficulty
Crafting
Resource Siloing
and now New Maps

They need to stop gating us from the content. THE CONTENT IS THE BAIT YOU USE TO LURE WHALES LIKE ME.

6 Likes

We didn’t even get an announcement about that which is even worse. Not a date we can look to and say “This is when the game really starts.”

3 Likes

My last bit of optimism was certainly destroyed today.

1 Like

I’m a hopeless romantic and I still have 2% hopium left to give

1 Like

It’s really astonishing because I was “fit microtransactions into my monthly budget” level ready to go full paypig for Darktide, even if it had some problems and the cosmetics are pretty overpriced, but after the last few updates I just don’t care about any of this anymore. Nothing could have prepared me for how much a disappointment this game turned out to be.

3 Likes

I’m reinstalling VT2 instead because Karak Az Garaz was some of my favourite maps in VT1. No desire to reinstall DT though.

2 Likes

its all intentional on the part of fat shark.

Having no or only negative expectations for this patch payed off - i’m not feeling disappointed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep I’ve been saying this for 6 months. I’m actually expecting the Xbox release just as much as the Xbox guys because that’s when the work FOR THE ACTUAL, TANGIBLE CONTENT will start. Right now we have two unpaid interns keeping the PC version on life support.

3 Likes

Although I will say, it would be a tragic misstep to not try and fix some of these big issues before releasing the console version. Otherwise they will see the same reviews and backlash. But what do I know? I am not an expert game developer and fatshark knows what they’re doing.

You may not be a developer, but you’re a comedy genius!

5 Likes

tbh, console version requires graphic backend to be rewritten to dx12, current vulkan bugend it is in terrible state for amd hardware (xbox has amd hardware)

hence maybe working on xbox version will benefit all of us after all…

still no hopium for next patch, its gonna be boring and pissing everyone off by its bluntness

AAaadn we got f-ckall, to noones surprise really

1 Like

The grand majority of the vocal community asking for just one damn simple thing, and instead we get a mountain of skins to grind out.

“Let them eat cake!”

1 Like

They could release 4 new subclasses, 20 new weapons, a bunch of new maps and cosmetics andi still wouldnt care to play if the only options were normal and low intensity. I dont need more content when i cant even play the game with the modifiers i want.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.