Anyone have any Hopium for the May Patch

“An open mind is like a castle with its gates unbarred and unguarded.”

The other memorable librarian DoW quote.

5 Likes

“I like to expect the worst, there is a small chance I will be pleasantly surprised”

1 Like

Since this will likely be the last patch before they shut down for months for vacay I would say I have some hope for a decent patch. But honestly… I have none. I have lost all faith in the company.

We’ll get a map. Some more balance stuff. That’s about it. I would be completely shocked if there is more than that.

8 Likes

2%, like weak milk

1 Like

I have no hopium to offer. I am withholding judgement until after the patch releases. But my expectations are low.

3 Likes

Anyone putting any sort of faith into Fatshark is suffering from Stockholm syndrome. The only reason im even here is because its 40k. If it wasn’t Farshark would be a distant, unpleasant memory for me.

6 Likes

I’m quite optimistic. The chances of removing psyker from game or adding locks on mission selection are rather small.

3 Likes

Same

2 Likes

Soon the game have been out for six months.

And all that have been added is 10 weapons and a few skins. (and a lot of bug fixing, should have been done before release)

This stuff should have been there from the start, and they probably had most of the code done before release.

For six months 2-3 maps and 1 new class and maybe 1-2 new enemies and some weapons and skins would be something to talk about.

Instead we got some weapons and some skins.

Then it will be summer and they close down for months.

If we are lucky we get 1 more class this year and maybe 1 new map?

This with a dev team of 100:s of people?

Ohwell, Fatshark is Fatshark…

4 Likes

Don’t worry, you forgot the most important part: Xbawks Release!

A good thing. Having the Xbox release done and bagged up will allow the dev team to spend more time on content creation.

I for one do not see it doing particularly well on console, as the playerbase is already tiny I can’t imagine how much its going to suck on xbox after launch week.

If it were to launch with crossplay in one swoop, that would not be an issue.
Crossplay is on Fatshark’s todo-list. The question when they get it done.

If the console player base drops and players end up having to play a relatively higher portion of their game with bots it’s going to shed even more players on console.

The bots are really in a deplorable state in DT, made even worse by not being able to use your leveled up off-characters as your bots like in VT2. Heck, solo play with bots in VT2 was surprisingly good, and having full control over your team comp was a thing of beauty. The bots were often much better than the average Legend YOLO player you’d come across.

But it’s total trash in DT and if the bot play and by extension solo play is trash on the console release I predict it will flop hard.

6 Likes

The bots might play better if they had a decent wardrobe. Who wants to be level 30 and still wearing prison garb?

They should outfit the bots in the Premium Cosmetics - they’d be walking mannequins.

1 Like

People are expecting a huge patch because we were supposed to be getting stuff long, long ago after launch.

1 Like

The game has lost traction, but i hope it will be better than vermintide in the long run. I am here to witness it. Hope for chain weapons to get the love and power they deserve. With time, the game will be good, but until then, i wait patiently.

1 Like

Console is going to crash hard for the same reasons pc crashed: horrible progression system and server instability. Unless they somehow change those things prior to release, of course.

2 Likes

Also everyone who would potentially buy on console knows these things up front so I can’t imagine there will be anywhere near as many “good faith” purchases for console version.

1 Like

Copium Cat GIF - Copium Cat GIFs

4 Likes