After many hours of testing I listed viable weapons of Kruber's on Legend difficulty

1. Halberd

Thanks for tuning in, thats all what i have to say.

• Executioner Sword was fine, and made to beheading. Why it was nerfed by reducing its dmg by half? You need to open your guard and risk charging a 2 second hit to behead stormvermin with a fragile damage dealer character. This makes no sense, and must have been some error.

• Are there any other weapons viable? No just halberd now, but don’t nerf halberd completely. Remove the double overhead combo from push>stab>lmb ( by removing lmb ) and add Armor penetration to 2nd swing in light and heavy halberd attack because it makes sense when you point a pike at enemy.

• 2 Hander sword, I feel like it could use some more power on charged attack to armoured enemies and very slight attack speed bonus. Its not a entirely bad weapon if you stack crit and crit power. But i have noticed 2hander sword has quite low attack reach radius . . . ? Increase it a bit maybe?

• Sword n Shield, not satysfying to use, terrible cleave, terrible damage, lowest dodge. Basicaly you are burden to your team when you use it. Also charge attack animations does not match the 3rd person animations, its same shield-bash attack animations always. Maybe add a new unique alt attack, where you hold shield and you can strike with sword for the costs of stamina X bars. Or throw a shield to pick it up later, or throw away shield to use 1h sword variant of weapon. Would add a bit more flexibillity.

• 2hammer is kinda in the good spot, i enjoy using it but when you compare to halberd power level . . . why stagger enemies if you can kill them via halberd in same time . . . ? Its not even good armour pene weapon, halberd does it better, faster and stronger. And safer because charge attacks on 2hammer leave your guard open and you will ALWAYS take a hit or two during hordes no matter what.

Solution? Bring back pre-1.08 executioner power and focus on buffing weak arms of Kruber arsenal instead of nerfing everything. This is not how you make appealing melee game. Because atm even Krubers repeater can 2shot SV faster , safer than executioner that requires you to be in the melee range. I mean honestly, do developers even play their own game?

Apologies for my english, im a bit frustrated but i love this game. I don’t like the balance direction goes though.

4 Likes

I’d go so far as to say executioner needs speedbuffs, both for light attack, heavy attack and less of a movement penalty when swinging.

It was only really viable on Merc with full crit and attack speed, with the extra power and attack speed that comes from Merc.

To make it viable on other Krubers, the sword actually needed quite a bit of buffing, not a nerf.

2H sword needs ALOT more armor damage on heavy, and it needs longer range, because it feels like a 1H most of the time.

1h mace is very viable

1 Like

The damage wasn’t halved. It deals now 1.7 times the damage on headshots, compared to 2.4 before.
It requires now you use 24.5% power vs stormvermin to one-shot them, although it will still one-shot everything that isn’t armored.

• 2hammer is kinda in the good spot, i enjoy using it but when you compare to halberd power level . . . why stagger enemies if you can kill them via halberd in same time . . . ?

That is the general disadvantage of the 2h hammers charged attack, it cleaves through a ton of enemies (far more than the halberd could ever do), but deals low damage.

Its not even good armour pene weapon, halberd does it better, faster and stronger. And safer because charge attacks on 2hammer leave your guard open and you will ALWAYS take a hit or two during hordes no matter what.

Never ever use the charged attack on 2h hammer for armor. It’s lights deal equivalent damage to the halberds overheads, i would say it’s slightly better given that you can get them out without needing to use stamina. generally speaking though, i feel like the 2h hammer along with the 2h axe could use a damage buff on their light attacks to set them apart in the single target AP role.

Sidenote, there should be really no getting hit during hordes. The hammer provides a lot of protection, since it cleaves through even dense chaos hordes and staggers them sufficiently for you to not get hit, unless you don’t bother to walk back while charging.

1 Like

Does this seem right to you? That means you need BOTH attributes on charm, + one on sword to do this very basic thing against one enemy. That means losing attack speed or crit on the sword, both of which it needs dearly. It also means giving up ALL powervs chaos, which helps this underperforming sword deal with chaos hordes slightly better than a wet noodle.

Objectively executiner sword needed buffs to make it truly viable for careers other than Merc, and instead they nerf an already underperforming weapon.

If you don’t go the route of stacking powervs, it becomes a 2 hit weapon, which for instanse bleeding Sienna’s Mace can do, and do it faster and safer.

There really is no excuse or rationale to what they’re doing.

1 Like