A way to make quick play the norme?

TLDR: make quickplay queue work with weekly quests and give more rewards at the end.

One of the thing I enjoyed the most in Vermintide was how you would just hop on quickplay and let the game pick the mission for you. It made it easier to play long session as the missions would change, easier to find a group and the reward was well worth the “jump in the unknown”.

In darktide I barely ever use it because I need my tomes or my grim in order to complete my quests and even if I was to use it, it would only offer the few handful of available missions with no advantage compared to specifically choosing an easy mission with less difficulty.

My propositions:

> Better rewards (one or both):
- coins, plasteel and diamantine collected during a quickplay mission are increased by 33% at the end.
- guarentee emperor gift weapon at the end.

> Better replayability:

• Make three quick play queues (with the difficulty settings). One with every secondary quests possible (nothing, grim, sacred), one with that will always offer the sacred texts and one that will always offer the grimoir. So you can always play for your objectives, and you don’t have to wait for it to appear.

• Once the group is found, one mission will be selected among every possible missions, not just the three or four displayed at a time. One modificator or nothing (I would say nothing half the time and modificator overwise), and with or without secondary quest so they can sometime mesh with the other queues.

• the specifics of a mission would be announced during the equipment selection so you can adapt by picking light torch if needed for example or more boss killing/hord options.

Finally, the quest “complete three secondary objective on that one map you will have to play ad nauseam” will be replaced with “play X quick play missions”.

This way the waiting queue will be less splitted than they currently are by pulling most player into three queue per difficulty instead of several missions. You won’t have the feeling of always playing the same three missions and always avoiding darkness and other modificator.

Quickplay won’t hamper your reward and will actually help you and we get ride of the most boring weekly quest.

1 Like