32% on Steam

Whos bright idea was it publicly say there is no new content coming for months?

At least make some of the premium sets you have held back, earnable in game.

11 Likes

It was going to reach this point whether they wanted to or not. The “most recent reveiws” is based off the past 30 days, and it will continue to go down as the ratio of not recommended reviews continued to increase well after new years.

It will likely reach overwhelmingly negative (20%) sometime in the next two weeks.

2 Likes

to be honest i think the anouncment, will counteract the negativ reviews even if just slightly.

i doubt that it made things worse

4 Likes

I’m not sure really, some people were likely holding off reviewing until after the non-announcement and will have whacked in a negative review when it was clear it was all just going to be a rewording of Next Week™ ,

yet some people might have flicked their review back to positive off the back of any comms.

I happen to think it’ll be a net loss though and @TimedParadox is probably closer to the mark. Once it gets further through Feb then it’ll only be counting Jan reviews.

4 Likes

People wanted to hear something from the developers but I doubt it was the Open Letter they had in mind, telling them that Fatshark failed to deliver promises and won’t deliver them for months more to come.

1 Like

people are on a mission.
negativity bias par excellance.
Give them a scoreboard and choosable missions and some cosmetics and the ratings go up, but the game will never reach more than 5000 players lile VT2 and the gamers gaming systems have won and feel good.

2 Likes

nah, until they fix the game crashing they should not be working on any new content whatsoever

5 Likes

Nothing will change until they will first and foremost get rid of RNG stat rolls, RNG perks rolls, RNG blessing rolls and locking rerolls on crafting and 60 min refresh store.

Once they will implement mechanic allowing people to test whatever combination they want whenever they want a lot of players will come back even just to finally be able to play with gear system test a lot of weapons and combos and blessings etc.

In my opinion this is the most important thing to change to start getting players back as nobody likes to have their time wasted.

9 Likes

That won’t happen, everyone has hated this rng sh-- since vermintide 1, but fatshark keeps using it in their games.

3 Likes

So they should have lied and just not delivered?

Or pretended that there were no fundamental issues?

I would say though that reviewing the game at this point, i.e. after the letter that actually addressed our concerns, is malicious and not in anyone’s interest, especially since the FS is working on fixing the more immediate problems and it has declared that they are working on the core issues.

1 Like

I like the RNG : )

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with the RNG just the fact we are missing half the crafting system, it’s still got a lot of bugs and also, it’s supposed to be a live service game, yet we haven’t seen anything live service besides the premium shop =/

then you are a crazy person

6 Likes

On the contrary, the open letter was the straw that broke many camels’ backs.

3 Likes

I’m honestly not sure what those broken people were expecting to hear…“the fixed game you all wanted is coming out tomorrow, we had a parallel branch ready just in case”?
They just admitted that they royally f*cked up and are working to address all the big community complaints, and THAT broke the camel’s back??
This is starting to just look like a bunch of whiny kids, gotta be honest…

6 Likes

I think some of them wanted and expected to hear and get exactly that.

Oh, and probably to see the signee show contrition by dousing himself in gasoline and publicly burn. The same should have been done by every tenth employee.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was definitely the final straw for me in terms of just kinda shrugging and writing off the game for now.

There’s just too many things screwed up right now to make me care enough, and knowing that it’s going to be… a very long time before they get their **** together is meh.

If you want to simplify it down, sure, I guess. If you don’t ignore the fact that they basically went “Whelp, we have to rework/redo things on top of our normally slow dev time” then you might understand it more instead of writing people off who are pissed as ‘whiny kids.’ That might require some learning of nuance though. If they had said that they ran into some hiccups for crafting? Eh, that’d be frustrating but more understandable. The fact that they essentially went “Oh god everything is on fire and we have to figure out how to dial the fire department. And use a phone in the first place.” doesn’t exactly bode well.

And before somebody assumes I’m just somebody screeching and writing a negative review or some such because I know that’s coming if I don’t quantify my post because people love to make the worst assumption possible about somebody: I have not written a review either way as I think the game is too contradictory to write one accurately. Gameplay is fine, external systems are not, but core gameplay is also ruined by other things like bugs and garbage servers so it’s all a bit of a wash. I definitely wouldn’t recommend it to people right now as it’ll just give them a terrible impression of the game. (And have warned friends who have asked my opinion away from it)

In the interim a few friends and I went and got around to Trail of Treachery in VT2 and enjoyed the level actually having unique objectives/scenery/dialogue/story. Sorry Darktide, you’re a mess.

It does not just look like it already is and on top of that there are a lot of people with the hobby of complaining, beeing toxic and spreading their negativity bias nonstop because they have personal struggles and need to vent all the time.
No matter what it is, they will jum on the train and be on a mission unable to leave it.
People love to complain, people love to accuse others, blame others etc.
It’s allways a thing but this behaviour got an echo chamber with the internet.
It was not different 30 years ago, but less people were or had that echo chamber.
Imagine people beeing here complaining for 2 month already and look at the threads with many replies and than the ones with construcitve criticism or “how dare you” beeing even positive.
It all speaks and i dont want to defend FS or say there arent frustrating RNG mechanics, but i love the game tbh and i also want RNG stuff to be less frustrating and some thing be more rewarding.
I wouldnt mind more cosmetics to earn ingame, but i also dont mind a cosmetics MTX shop in 2023.

The Steam Reviews dont reflect the games quality even if there are people who have crashes or cant use their $5000 rig to full potential the core game is great!
The game deserves criticism no question, but the reviews reflect more of a shitstorm than reviewing the game fairly.

It’s all based on not getting what people want asap. Most people have zero frustration tolerance and are imaptient to no end.
No perfect 380 BR + perfect blessings weapon after 50 hours of gameplay? > bad game design!
Again i dont want to say crafting should have not be complete at launch and some RNG in crafting can be really frustrating, because you happen to invest your ressources to then “ruin” a decent weapon or curio and cannot change it anymore, that is really frsutrating.
But not beeing able to min-max almost everything from mission selection to available weapons or having a scoreboard and more earnable cosmetics is just exagerating and complaining on a top level.

2 Likes

What a ridiculous statement. Wanting to be able to pick your mission is ‘min maxing’? It’s exaggerating and complaining to complain? Sorry dude, but the game is not fun when a friend and I try to play it for four nights in a row and the only damnation mission available is excise vault pretty much every time. (Which we don’t care for in the first place, and it’s bugged right now) Then there’s generally not another option or it’s something like low intensity which is also not fun. That has nothing to do with min maxing, unless you count… wanting to enjoy the game min maxing.

As to the min maxing weapons: It’s also not that simple either. I’ve been trying to get an eviscerator with momentum for over a month (well, prior to stopping playing/caring entirely). Literally any tier of momentum as long as its stat rolls weren’t complete garbage. The only one I saw this entire time was tier 1 momentum with something like a 21% damage roll. (And other crappy stats, it was a base 320 or something) That’s not wanting to min max. That’s flat out not being able to use a weapon I’d like to use. Once again, not fun.

As to cosmetics: While I generally am pretty ambivalent on the whole towards them, considering the current state of the game and the sheer quality difference/variety (barring lolbugs like gaps in them) of earnable cosmetics versus premium I can 100% empathize with people pissed off about it. I personally find it slightly insulting that they thought the current earnable cosmetics adequate when there’s pretty much 2-3 outfits per characters with some recolors and/or some tacked on extra stuff (Oooh, this ogryn shirt has a canteen.)

Your whole post reeks of pretention and trying to disregard other people’s opinions as not being able to put up with some stuff that you personally might be able to tolerate, but that doesn’t invalidate that it can potentially make the game not fun for other people. You didn’t even touch on how many other issues the game has like the bugginess and terrible servers.

4 Likes

Good job burying your head in the sand by dismissing any concern with a general hand-wave of “min-maxers”. You just want to punish people who play differently to you without even hearing what concerns they may have.

The “how dare you’s” being directed to you is probably how you are missing the point of anyone’s ctriticisms while frantically beating the “min-maxers” scarecrow.

Seeing just the number on the Steam reviews instead of actually reading them also misses the nuance that a lot of reviews have, where generally the core gameplay is good but brought down by all the surrounding systems. A negative review means that the reviewer wouldn’t recommend the game to someone else, and I don’t blame them.

Wanting decent, controllable, reasonably timed progression (items and characters alike) is not min-maxing, it’s called agency.

4 Likes