I’ve given this game a fair shake at around 155 hours of play and unfortunately I’m done with it for the following reasons. Here’s some feedback with a pinch of salt, take it or leave it:
- This game disrespects player time with RPG/MMO level of grind in an action / FPS game.
- The game used to be about skill, not some arbitrary number ticking up in the background that defines if you can take on higher difficulties. Now you only get to play the actual game after a nonsensical grind to an arbitrary level cap.
- New enemy types have no character, no funny or memorable voice lines, just bland boring zombie groans. It may as well be L4D2 with slightly better graphics.
- Cosmetics are nowhere to be seen and veteran items either don’t show up or the game gives you 3 of exactly the same thing.
- 1/4 to 1/2 of the hero talents don’t even do anything, as other people on this forum has shown.
- None of the QOL or bot changes that it took the community to provide the first game were even considered as required for release. Too big to admit that they were needed?
Bugs, bugs everywhere. This game was not ready to be released, not balanced and full of too many bugs to mention but the main ones that ruin it:
- Quick switch is broken and you still haven’t done anything about it. More games are lost due to this infuriating crap than anything else.
- Tons of weapons just swing straight through enemies and don’t even make contact. At this point why even hit start on the launcher.
- A whole chaos warrior patrol just decides to materialise in front of your face and wipe your team, fantastic gameplay…
- Useless, brain dead bots - They want to constantly stand right in your line of fire and almost intersect you at all times, do not fall back to your position and instead stand hacking away at whatever aggro’d them, won’t pick up grims, won’t pick up tomes, don’t prioritise downed players and don’t used ranged weapons properly.
Vermintide 2 was a definite pre-order, or so I thought, since it’s Vermintide again but only better right!..
Wrong, and it’s the perfect reminder of why never to be suckered into a pre-order, assuming that they’ll take everything great about the last game and make it better.
Instead of what was great in V1 it’s an insulting RPG style grind in a non free to play game. A grind worse than some MMOs and has been tacked on in a ham fisted attempt to lengthen playing times and gate players from progressing. RPG grind brought into an action FPS game where it was never asked for or required.
You got my money, well played. You won’t get any more unless there are serious revisions and you certainly won’t be getting any future pre-order.