If the next 'big update' is about penances, charms and worthless cosmetics, I'm out

…Til the next big update, which is the likeliest scenario, considering they spent the better part of ALL OF LAST YEAR, finishing the console port, all we got in terms of new maps were just a different rotation of the same scenery, and weapons, although appreciated, are hardly what most fans have been asking for out of a WH40K fps.

More handguns and a shovel? Wowee, don’t spoil us so much, FS.

Please, get the FUDGE OUT with PENANCES and CHARMS. nobody gives a flying EFF about any of that. Stop wasting development time on this nonsense!!

24 Likes

Yeah not the best update to lead with after 4 months of nothing this year. As said definitely would have been better off getting out 2-3 months after the skill tree update and not half a year later.

I can’t say I’m going to come back to grind the same content I’ve already grinded to earn more achievements in the achievement update

By then helldivers will have a new warbond I can earn and probably have released a new air burst rocket launcher and a quad autocannon mech

Maybe when the whole endgame system of crafting and gear progression is no longer awful and there are new veteran guns and new maps it might be worth coming back.

9 Likes

I’m waiting for it to gone on sale, 'cause I really want to play it, but I’m also cheap and not exactly swimming in cash, but I still want to enjoy games.

No way I’m coming back to grind the same everything for some penances, maybe get some charms.-again, get the fudge out with that nonsense lmao. I’ve played so much already, the only reason I log on everyday is to see what’s new on the penance store, to get lv4 blessings so I don’t have to grind for them 'cause the whole crafting system is fudged until they actually get to fixing it. This is just a product and I’m not gonna get too invested, but damn should this have been so much more.

4 Likes

But that’s what they announced a few weeks back. Next update is this and then thereafter is crafting.

Tell me, what is the point of taking an announcement and then acting like you can threaten them. If you don’t like that, you’re free to leave. Nobody is going to change the course of what the entire company works on, just because you demand it. This sentiment is rather unadult.

3 Likes

This update will be a nice thing to have in the game once everything has been added as a whole but by itself i can see where youre coming from. We just have to let them slowly add everything till they all stack up and come together theb it will be more impactful.

3 Likes

Basically

Next year
Year 3 is darktide’s year right. They won’t just leave us on hold for 4 months again, right?

1 Like

The crafting update will most likely not be released until after the summer. Unresolved bugs and a dearth of content have left players frustrated, and this patch doesn’t truly address any of those core problems. I’ll check out this update, but I’m not impressed with what they’ve shown me thus far after waiting so long for an update.

Also, if they do not address the sound bug issues, I will most likely not play this patch for more than a week, since it makes the game feel and play like awful to me. Although the combat in Helldivers isn’t as good as it is in Darktide, it nevertheless keeps players engaged and fosters player retention. Alternatively, I could play Vermintide 2, which seems have top priority over Darktide’s development and is a lot more fun to play right now.

I will just play the game that has better and more frequent content because Darktide basically seems like Fatshark’s pet project while they concentrate on continuing VT2 and developing their new tittle.

This patch offers me nothing I want or find interesting, simple as.

2 Likes

man what a baby,path of redemption seems like an good update to me

1 Like

It’s pretty alright. Vermintide 2 got Okri’s challenges, the equivalent system to this update, a couple weeks after release. This is pretty low effort, and people are upset because they expected an actual 6 months worth of wait update.

7 Likes

it does sting. this team are glacial in speed your looking at a couple of actual updates a year between all the holidays , and to see the first one just be penances and all that fluff is a big Ouchy

but then i hate penances, always hated achievements they are invariably just do what you were doing but do it really badly or in a stupid way .

and crafting after this? I’ve got all the weapons i want , that’s two majour patches rearranging the chairs not bringing in new furniture.

oh well maybe a few bits of content will make it in.

4 Likes

More achievements and cosmetics

Woah

2 Likes

Looking through the Google doc of VT/VT2/DT updates over time that someone else put together, I think there’s reason to hope for a fair number of updates this year. There’s some significant, if not substantial, stuff that came out during the summer months last year, and all of that work was done alongside getting this thing running on Xbox (which I have to imagine was quite a task).

5 Likes

One could also look at this and deduce Darktide 2 is coming soon. People would be upset, but people were upset when VT2 was announced too, for the same reason. They got over it

It did take VT2 around 1.5 years from release to a good state.

If you set aside number of it’s maps but instead look at the “distinctiveness” per map. See how they are very unique environments. There is a labour of love in creating them.

Yea you can add skills, weapons etc. But at the core the maps and enemies is the real content.

DT’s maps are unique but all same colour palette at the convenience of game taking place all in one city.

VT2 locations are visually distinctive and variety of colour palette. When I first played DT - I thought this would be path they would take in adding content whether inclusive or paid DLC.

VT2 maps:

• Abandoned village
  • Graveyard
  • Farmland
  • Church
  • Sewers
  • Dark caverns
  • Visual feast skittergate
  • Going up a gigantic tree vertically
  • Snowy mountains and cliffs
  • Fighting along the rivers
  • Mountain towns
  • Castles
  • Mining caves
  • Forests
2 Likes

They have gotten creative with the dt maps

The traitors curse maps were downright inspired. I also absolutely love they have new Jesper tracks with each new maps that have all been bangers

I just wish they actually continued with such momentum rather than massive several month long gaps inbetween then because it’s going to be upwards of 8-10 months before we see new maps

Because it’s already been like 6 months since traitors curse and it’s going to be 2 months minimum given their previous track record after path to redemption before we see another update.

God I hope the crafting update actually launches with actual gameplay content alongside it maps, weapons. Otherwise we’re going a long time without substantial additions to the actual game part of the game. Because path to redemption is bringing tox version of an existing enemy and one new mission effect. That’s it everything else is achievements and associated cosmetic rewards.

4 Likes

I’d never seen this before, thanks for posting it. Potentially a very helpful resource.

2 Likes

Reported, for changing your avatar without going through the proper channels!

4 Likes

Rrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
How dare you!

1 Like

This ‘update’ is very transparent in its purpose to have players come back to grinding the same tired content that has existed since game launch, with little to no effort by the devs. Hard pass.

4 Likes

maybe they can still break the locks in the interim to the whole itemization update? eh? eh? eh?

1 Like