I want to play this game.. but

I’ve made a number of posts on similar topics in the past but I think after recent updates and new “content” a more in depth discussion is required. Let me start by saying some of the additional modifiers are fun, I personally really enjoy the shock troop intensity, however these maps dont appear frequently enough.

I’ve been enjoying Darktide a bit again, but the same ugly problems are rearing their heads and after a few maps, the number of issues starts to get to me, nibbling away at any enjoyment I might otherwise be able to have.

I did about 10 missions today, Damnation and Heresy respectively, ideally with modifiers, and even after all that due to unequal distribution of crafting materials and cost requirements, I still cant upgrade a single item from green to transcendent, and reroll traits on it. That said, even if I do, the farming required to get “useful” high quality traits on a single item is an absurd time investment. ((Slight exaggeration here, but people mostly ignored the plasteel and diamantine on maps))

In the two days of play after returning, i’ve almost finished all the new penances for Sharpshooter, but im still 1/1000th of the way to getting 1 usable trait. I want to min max my gear to the point of at least having useful traits, not even t4 best in slot blah blah blah… just some viable build variety, but no. Thats a 500 hour investment for 1 item that FS will undoubtedly nerf into oblivion.

Its all just a slog, everything is a slog. Gearing? Slog, Farming cosmetics? Slog, farming Currency? Slog, finding a decently fun looking map with interesting modifiers? Slog.

The core gameplay “can” emphasis on “can” be really good, but without any agency in any other aspect of the game, its not enough. I want to get on and kill heretics with the boys, but the level of frustration in dealing with the subsystems, and also the complete vanilla boring milquetoast class design just absolutely ruins it.

20 Likes

I am just really upset the penances for the old sharpshooter penances are bugged. I didn’t receive the helmet for the 100 missions completed. Had every other sharpshooter penance completed.

thats a shame, im glad I finished all the old ones early on, the new ones are a bit of a slog but eh

2 Likes

Agreed. Buff Huntsman. Break Locks. Get bitches.

3 Likes

You’re supposed to be working towards a treat. They aren’t here to give you the game you want to play. This is why instead of just editing countless LUA errors that make trash feats/weapons/blessings horrible for the player experience they go back into the office to try to take shirtless Darktide away. The closest thing we got to a content drop since those 70 weapons I still haven’t even bothered tallying to see if we hit Hedge’s number.

They should just leave it in until they make female torso cosmetics, dunno why Hedge is so proud of the female characters when they don’t actually exist outside of character creator.

1 Like

You either fail all missions or don’t play them at all. 1 damnation run on average is 700 plasteel(unless you speedrun and don’t take anything) and 1 Heresy run around 390 plasteel on average. Assuming you completed at least half of missions you should get enough mats to upgrade 2-3 weapons from green to gold. If you fail them all, well, it’s not about distribution of materials.

1 Like

i want to play this game but…
trash maps 2

6 Likes

Since when?
There’s no work to be done
It’s random
The work I do not playing the game is the same as somebody pumping in 10000 hours

I don’t think you understand the complaint. People aren’t asking for handouts. They’re asking to not get kicked in the balls every time they try to engage with the system.

reminds me of this vid, which translates over pretty well if you mentally insert DT’s crafting/progression system in place of tarkov’s criticisms

5 Likes

every mission was successful. /shurg

Players seem to open a box, look at plasteel and walk away.

Also exaggerating a bit for effect.

I was being facetious, forgot Poe’s Law for a second. I was using their goofy coping speak they use to explain the many bad decisions behind this game and its 99% drop in players.

if you need to minmax to enjoy a game, you’re probably playing the wrong game. go back to destiny or something, this game is less about perfecting stats and more about teamwork.

2 Likes

Tell me you never played Vermintide, without telling me you ever played Vermintide.jpg

Im guessing you failed those missions? One damnation victory is almost enough to go from grey to trancedent. 10 damnation victories can get you multiple transcendents from grey.

No, people just dont pick up anything. Cant be running around doing it by myself when everyone else just holds Sprint + W, also I was exaggerating for effect. C’mon now, use your brain.

Just in case you are unaware, this controversial stance that there is something wrong with the crafting system is held by a few other forum dwellers as well. (no names b/c it is so controversial)
If you look around the forums hard enough, you will find a few topics where other people expressed the same concern.

ah, aye

So true. Once I hit max level I just had no reason to go back other than playing with my friends. Game really needs some content for the player’s who are in late game.

low int
dog hordes
low int + dog hordes

log out

Such is life on Tertium.

At least we’re contributing to the DAU count, right guys?

2 Likes

You can just use the website to look at what missions are in play. Saves you a bunch of loading screens.

change this too-

Check website
see low int
dont login

they dont get any login numbers for having low int maps on all the time

3 Likes