A Parting of the Waves, releasing April 11th!

The new free map concluding the Karak Azgaraz adventure in Vermintide 2 is coming to all platforms. Brace yourself for a stormy new level, and even a new enemy to face…

Heroes!

A free new update is coming to PC on April 11*, containing a new map: the conclusion of the Karak Azgaraz storyline! This fourth, final map is not a remaster of a Vermintide 1 mission, but a brand new, stormy mission!

A Parting of the Waves

Those who have followed Lohner’s Chronicles recently might already know, but our Heroes are not on the best of terms right now. After Sienna picked up Necromancy and started raising the dead to fight the onslaught of Skaven and Chaos better, things have been… tense. Distrust slowly surged amongst our heroes. Today, the Ubersreik Five are on the verge of falling apart.

That’s when jolly ol’ Kruber had a fantastic idea! The Five should group up and set sail, chasing after the Skaven ships fleeing after being routed in Khazukan Kazakit-Ha!
Slaying rats is what got them together in the first place, surely it would help bring them back together.

Only, the seas might not be so kind. As they chase the scurrying Skaven to a whaling village, the storm is getting dangerous, the waves are roaring, and the guiding light of the village’s lighthouse seems more ominous than comforting…

We’re excited for you to explore the final chapter of the Karak Azgaraz storyline on April 11.

New enemy type: Chaos Warrior with Shield

More dangers are lurking in A Parting of the Waves than just rain. A brand new enemy type is coming with this update: A Chaos Warrior armed with a shield and mace. This foe is mighty and tough. It’ll take some mighty blows to fell these soldiers of Chaos, or a cunning hero able to expose their weak spot.

The Chaos Warrior with Shield will be available in all maps with Rotbloods presence.

*Console release date: April 18th!

24 Likes

No snapshot of the Chaos Warrior ?

2 Likes

“Chaos Warrior with Shield”
By Sigmar…

4 Likes

These truly are the End Times

3 Likes

We’re getting Bulwarks now? I hope their shields aren’t as janky as in Darktide.

1 Like

Bulwark reskin probably

1 Like

Super exciting news!

This all start looking like vt1 to vt2… Poggeuuers :smirk:

1 Like

5 Likes

Beautiful.

1 Like

Because everyone loved stormvermin with shields lets just throw in even more shields.

But really this map looks kind of dope. Looking forward to trying it.

2 Likes

I like the idea of a chaos warrior with shield. Hopefully beastmen get some new specials/elites too at some point. They’re looking rather skim by comparison.

Also, shields on elites probably need to be slightly balanced by making them breakable or something. Allow axes to break shields much easier.

1 Like

Yo dawg, I heard you like shields…

Darktide is flailing around and clumsily staggering forward while Vermintide 2 is absolutely killing it with good stuff.
Sometimes it’s hard to see that it’s the same company that has made both games.

1 Like

Sweet!! Looking forward to it. Love that we’re still getting content. Thanks FS!

1 Like

HEEEERRRREEEESYYYYY!!!:scream:

Updates are approved though, carry on :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah! The new dwarven map! Now I have a reason to start playing V2 again.

2 Likes

For many years we felt like Vermintide 2 was the one stumbling around and flailing lol.

3 Likes

Chaos warrior with a shield…

I’m gonna call it; their shield will not go down to two back to back pushes.

I know I am not ready to deal with them :slight_smile:

1 Like

tbh I was kinda hoping we’d see Chosen of Nurgle at some point.

Still, I’m super excited to finally see a new enemy join the roster! Can you please please please do this for Beastmen?

Give Beastmen enough specials so that their one single DLC map can exist as Beastmen exclusive level rather than borrowing Skaven and Rotblood specials.

4 Likes

jesper kyd demolishing like usual, the horns have such a catchy ominous melody. the times they are a-ending. I really liked the last 2 new story maps so hopefully you keep that going with a suitably grand end event like the skeleton basketball.

1 Like