A Parting of the Waves - Now live on PS4 and Xbox One!

A free update with a brand new map and a new enemy type!

Heroes!

The fourth and final part of the Karak Azgaraz saga - A Parting of the Waves - is out now on both PS4 and Xbox One, free for all owners of Vermintide 2!

Join our Heroes on their bonding exercise, as they try to work through their quarrels and chase the fleeing Skaven to a gloomy whaling village, ravaged by storm and something sinister…

In addition to the new map, this update sees the introduction of a brand new enemy: the Chaos Warrior with Shield! This new enemy will show up alongside in any mission with Rotblood’s presence.

As a final note, expect a hotfix in the coming days with some tweaks and fixes that couldn’t make it in for release.

Without further ado…

A Parting of the Waves console launch Patch Notes

New Features

• Added a brand new map: A Parting of the Waves
    • This map is considered the 4th and final entry in the Karak Azgaraz saga for Vermintide 2.
    • Includes its own set of Okri’s Challenges and rewards! New paintings and portrait frames!
  • Added a new enemy type: Chaos Warrior with Shield. Sigmar preserve us…

Fixes

• Fixed an issue with Outcast Engineer talent ‘Linked Compression Chambers’ not increasing fire rate properly.
  • Fixed an issue with Necromancer not being able to see her Chaos Wastes potions when checking her inventory.
  • Fixed some spots where bots would get stuck in Trail of Treachery and Tower of Treachery.
  • Fixed a tome not spawning in Khazhukan Kazakit-Ha!
  • Fixed an issue with the ‘Eyes of the Crowfather’ Okri’s achievement being impossible to complete. Something something Tzeentch ravens.
  • Fixed the skulking sorcerer from that one Nurgle curse on Chaos Wastes breaking entirely when lifted by the Lifestaff.
  • Fixed a placeholder localization line on the ‘Quit to Menu’ button.
  • Fixed a host crash when a Kerillian bot spawns and is being attacked the same frame.
  • Fixed rare host caused by a bot Warrior Priest with ‘The Comet’s Gift’ talent being replaced by a human player while they have their ability active on another player.
  • Fixed a rare crash while spectating.
  • Fixed rare crash when local game receives info about a projectile, but the projectile or hit unit was already removed locally.
  • Fixed a crash when someone hotjoins the same frame as a pinged unit is destroyed.
  • Fixed a very rare crash related to player despawns.
  • Fixed a visual bug in the first person view of a particular fireball staff illusion, which was missing its proper glow.
  • (Athel Yenlui) Fixed players being able to walk along the outer edge in the finale.
  • (Mission of Mercy) Fixed some spots where you could go out of bounds.
2 Likes

Thanks for the new content! Out of curiosity, will there be new achievements for this new map on Xbox? There don’t appear to be any yet, but wasn’t sure if they are just delayed, or if there won’t be any.

1 Like

Hope you enjoy it! I’m afraid there won’t be any new achievements for this particular new map on Console, no. There’s still new Okri’s challengs, however!

Hello,

Since the update on consoles, me and my friend tryed approximatively 10 games in the space of 2 hours~.

We had 10 crashes in total, 4 for my friend and 6 for me. It varies from 4sc to 10mn into the game.
We are both on PS5 and everything was fine until this update.

Sorry for the inconvenience and please hotfix this, we have 1k+ hours on this game and we want to continue to have fun with it.

Edit : Both on Heroic acts and normal games, and the new map too. :cry:

Sincerely yours,

Thax.

2 Likes

Hi
The situation is similar with crashes. The situation is similar with crashes . Please do something with them, otherwise what’s the point of releasing content if no one can play it? With great respect

1 Like

Just came to see if this had been mentioned, but yeah on PS4 it’s constant crashes now.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for the update, the crashes these other people are experiencing arent exclusive to PS4, PS5 is the same with constant crashes. My eight friends would love to play the update, hopefully you guys can fix it soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I’ve been trying to solo the new map, and among all my 5 tries I’ve crashed a grant total of 5 times.

All 5 times near the hut area! Thats 5 crashes out of 5 attempts.

Is this a known problem that you’re working on fixing? Is this something I should put in bug report?

edit: 6th try, I got past the but finally. Crashed in the Skaven boat wreckage. I can’t seem to pinpoint any trigger for the crash.

I state that I have not yet been able to try the game after this update because I am traveling for work.

I was afraid you would release the game without having tried it on the platform in question (PS4, PS5, Xbox X/S series or Xbox One).

You have already communicated that you will make a further update that I imagine will be similar to what you have done for PC/Steam players. Too bad that it usually takes a long enough time to have an update on consoles.

It is confirmed as much as I think, we who play on consoles do not receive the same attention. It was better to wait a few weeks, check for problems on PC and then proceed to the consoles.

I hope to be able to play without the constant crashes I read.

Good job everyone.

So, my friend tested something on PS4, he loaded a level (forgot which one) and didn’t move at all from the start (no enemies spawn till you pass a certain point), he left it over an hour and had no crash, till he touched the controller and attempted to move forward, instant crash.

For anyone suffering from crashes, I ask that you all head over to Technical Support - Fatshark Forums if you haven’t already and report your crashes to our support folks, with as much information as possible. The more info we have, the faster we can get these crashes solved.

We’re cooking up a hotfix with a bunch of fixes that will hopefully be arriving soon! Nonetheless, please do report any issues you notice and any crashes you suffer.

Hello , sorry , but there are much problems , i play it on console since 2 years , sometimes game crashes , when i fast attack or i looking chaotic and fighting. But last 3 weeks i have more and more problems. PS5 console i play and i last weeks game crashes more that normal… Chaos wastes playing 2 hours and in last boss game cracked … i havent head for this… now new patch and all games (chaos w.,campaing , waves) play 5 min and game crack … downed … its this problems deleted? Can i play normal ??? I delete game and all data and instal new… problems not deleted… so??? Console playing more people , maybe in future make warhammer 3 with cross play.