Zealot ult "fixed" in most recent patch with removal of 4 seconds of gauranteed crits

The way I see Zealot is not as a Damage Dealer, but as a Flanker/Support.
Stun grenades are a great team tool if the need to push into entrenched enemies arrises.
And a fair part of your arsenal is great at crowd control.
Charge can’t run through enemies (Make that a Feat please :D), but perhaps we could ally targeting in compensation. It would still require great positionning.

Pretty sure by try you mean the level 1-10 bracket. Zealot does do well early, it’s the problem that he doesn’t scale like anyone else. Most of his kit is really bad especially if you want to do high tier difficulties. The zealot had many traits that were just flat out didn’t work and instead of fixing them they nerfed them all down and then fixed. Right after that they then changed his ult which now doesn’t work with chain weapons. I’ve played every class other than Vet (Which is already undisputed the strongest, also the most like Kerillian so will always be that flavor).

Zealot has felt by far the worst on T3+, yes it’s clearable, yes you can make an impact, but you may have been able to do much more as anyone else. The damage is also near bottom of the barrel, unsure where you got it was the highest. Currently it feels like you can’t even play melee on the zealot at higher tiers from how squishy you are vs ranged, then getting chipped through toughness makes many of their talents useless just by design. Staying low hp on zealot in Darktide is almost not feasible with how many things hit straight through toughness, you’re borderline trolling your team if you want to do the OG zealot builds.

No other character has had as hard of a time with toughness as zealot in my experience. I did think that zealot was really strong at first compared to the others, but that was only the start of leveling, later levels zealot is in a tier by himself lower than everyone else imho.

2 Likes

Like, but also, line breaks dude !

1 Like

Plus it makes toughness trinkets more valuable. +10% toughness to the Veteran is worth a lot more than it is to a Zealot, and I take it on my Zealot to increase my survivability.

1 Like

It is only a repositioning tool if you like clearing Damnation.

Let’s say you melee charge a ranged unit in the distance. Congrats, you’ve just committed suicide because any one of the 40 other shooters spread out behind cover/shadows will instantly break your shield and keep you stunlocked.

Not to mention the endless waves of new shooters, gunners/shotgunners/trappers/snipers filing in.
Also bombers that don’t stop throwing firebombs and have new ones up before the previous AOE’s faded, that instantly break shields.

And now you’ve used up your only resource that prevents stunlock.

1 Like

It can also be a tool to escape that stunlock.
You can double down or call quits

Yeah, ranged and vermintide don’t really mix.

I take toughness trinkets for everyone (except mageboy), it is the most useful trait right now.

It’s the fac that the carge can be so easily interrupted, doesn’t go through anything and doesn’t really have range…
Now it’s lost part of it’s offensive aspect.