Xbox players having Vanguard Bundle

Vanguard bundle will be coming to steam store and microsoft store (WinPC) on pc. Cosmetics are able to crosssaved from pc to xbox. Meaning xbox players will be able to purchase bundle for free if they have pc.

If this is suppose to be for pc player exclusive, isn’t it strange that xbox players will also be able to purchase it for free?

6 Likes

I guess you and the other grumps will only be able to feel superior to the poor Xbox folks who can’t afford a PC or aren’t lucky enough to have a friend/family member with one.

Does that not make y’all feel special enough?

(Mass flagging this as “spam” definitely sends a message, boys! Not the one you think though.)

7 Likes

“superior” i wonder how many people asked to be that?

4 Likes

Ngl I just think it should have been something they gave everyone in the first place but this is just fascinating to look at for someone who has played F2P games for well over a decade.

I don’t think I’ve seen a company ham fist a response so hard before.

2 Likes

Ham-fisted…

So, to convert Gamespass players to paying customers around the (re-)launch of their game on Xbox, they offered a promotion FOR TWO WEEKS. Sounds like a half-decent business move.

But oh wait, they forgot that their hardcore vocal players who infest this forum were legit misanthropes…ham-fisted for sure.

So, to make that core group happy, they made a gesture of offering 4 free outfits only to players who can get their hands on a PC in the following TWO WEEKS. Sounds liks a half-decent business move, making those PC players happy.

But oh wait, they forgot that their hardcore vocal players who infest this forum were legit misanthropes…ham-fisted for sure.

The correct business move would have been to try to cure the hardcore players of their seemingly life-long misery by absorbing a potential loss of MILLIONS of dollars to give every Steam player funny money so that they can (checks notes…) continue to complain about:

• the cost of digital dress up clothes
  • the delivery method of digital dress up clothes
  • the digital dress up clothes they want not being immediately available
  • the “laziness” of digital dress up clothes
  • Fatshark’s greed
  • Fatshark’s stupidity
  • etc. etc. etc.

Yeesh. NO winning with fans like these.

7 Likes

I mean other companies do it who’s entire business model is selling funny digital clothes so big shrugs.

I think it needs pointed out that this business model does not exist in a vacuum and in some cases has been present for well over a decade or more.

As I said I generally like the cosmetics and think everyone should get them but I do think the overall way this was handled was like throwing a thunder hammer through a antique plate shop.

1 Like

So what WOULD you have done?

Not tried to convert Gamespass players into customers with the promotion?

Not responded to the uproar from the capital-F Fans on this forum about the promotion?

Given out millions of dollars worth of free funny money to everyone?

The human beings who make up FS are accused of lots of heinous things on this forum…and one of the big ones, and maybe the only one I have sympathy towards, is that they have been poor communicators.

But not in this situation. They promptly stated they’d be addressing the PC player’s concerns. Then they did something tangible in the timeframe they said they would.

But it’ll never be enough. And people will still be on this forum saying they’re crooks and cheats and morons.

4 Likes

You will never be made whole. There will be no justice.

You don’t get to eat your pizza you bought last year and then go to the store when there’s a sale and demand the new-and-improved pizza (with a toy inside!) for free.

(Mass flagging this as “spam” definitely sends a message, boys! Not the one you think though.)

7 Likes

Being real it’s not my job to go what I would have done since I’m paying for a game and not signing up for a cult or a lifetime subscription membership but alright.

For starters I wouldn’t be handing out 70 bucks of free currency because, no, that’s 70 bucks. That also puts a bad taste in the mouth of people who bought the emperors edition

I would have basically given the same promotional thing plus maybe a special X-box trinket. Pc players get a special trinket. You can get both by playing with someone else who had the trinket thus making a positive reinforcement event out of it.

If I had to give a promotion currency I would be throwing maybe 2 skin packs worth and given essentially back pay to the people who bought the special bundle.

I would also run an event to give everyone special stuff with kills and missions complete from both X Box and PC.

Vanguard would be given to EVERYONE.

I’m not pulling this entirely out of my ass either since other games have literally done this before.

Paladins, Warframe, Payday 2, etc.

We have years of precedent to do this in a way that doesn’t make a bunch of people mad, it’s a real clown shoes move to act like there isn’t.

Edit: as a note I’m not even just talking about games where you need to buy them and then buy cosmetics, I’m talking about games that are F2P where the Entire. Business. Model. is cosmetics mashed and they are still less stingy about premium currency.

2 Likes

I’m just here, same as everyone else, trying to bring their perspective to this conversation on the official forums for Tide players.

And my perspective is: it SUCKS that this community is so impossible to please. And I’m not just talking about this situation. It’s everything that FS does or doesn’t do…all attributed to malice. It all brings down this frankly WILD level of hate and hyperbole (like calling me “vile scum” and telling me to shove it).

The vocal lifers here aren’t happy with FS, many of them haven’t been for literally YEARS, and the result is that the official place where new players are encouraged to come to experience the community around this game find practically nothing but negativity. It just sucks…for the community and for the game.

6 Likes

Look to Fatshark for the responsibility, not the community. We’re reactive, Fatshark are the ones acting.

6 Likes

Yes! Someone else understands it!

2 Likes

A corporation is at the end of the day just a corporation. They are not your friends. But what i dont understand is: a customer who feels respected and appreciated will always be more willing to spend money. So why is Fatshark trying so hard to make their players angry. Even a blind man could have seen that pc players would get angry if the new players get 14000 aquilas on top of a sale and a better product. That could have been easily prevented if they had just said that daddy Microsoft made a deal for their Xboxplayers and that we would get something to compensate for that(vanguard skins). But the pc players had to complain first thus leaving Fatshark as the villain (for alot of people.) At the end of the day actions have consequences. Fatshark send a message to their fans. That message is: Don’t buy at release because you will get a way better game/deal if you buy it later. (So the next time they release a game people will wait a year and buy it on a keyseller site or something like that.) It’s not too late to turn the tide Fatshark.

3 Likes

Always the same people crying and hating against Xbox players, I wonder what poor life they have.
And the Aquila sale was only for 2 weeks and most of the Xbox players didn’t need to buy the game because the game is on Gamepass. So it actually was a good move from darktide to get more money out of the Xbox release. Also Xbox players had to wait a f***ing year for this release.
Your are all crying like little babies, ah and don’t forget to cry for an option to turn crossplay off because you need some pc players to carry you through damnation :thinking:

3 Likes

That’s the baffling thing really. The reason I tend to speak highly about some companies is they give you a fair shake for what you pay for and they are generally pretty solid as far as their deals go.

Risk of Rain 2 is an example of this. Fairly solid game, good content support post launch, expansion was a fair price for what was offered.

I also tend to give a bit more leeway if it’s a smaller indie company with a unique IP or a F2P game that has to keep the lights on.

At the end of the day I bought a product, I play said product, I might throw money at it if there is something I like the look of something but I don’t know where this idea came from that customers should act loyal especially when it’s a very 1 sided relationship so far.

Like hell I paid to play the game!

2 Likes

Oh no I would have loved if X-Box players got to experience the launch version of Darktide, that would have been a funny sight.

3 Likes

Aah. You would be here first crying having to crash every 2nd launch. Or not being able to play the game for 2 days because they f-up the graphics and it refuses to start. Not talking about the amount of bugs we had to go through and not working blessings or perks correctly.

If you don’t need carry, you can turn the cross play off. Then you might see how barren the lobbies on GP were or still probably are. We want the same treatment and this is not the first or only game that shafted PC players on opting out from crossplay…

2 Likes

I played it on release … I know what a pain it was.

Then you should understand how ridiculous the “Xbox players had to wait a whole year!” point is lol. I would trade my year of unadvertised Early Access sh*tshow for the game being functional at the time of purchase and 14k free Aq any day of the week. Maybe I’d even still have it in me to play the game if I didn’t spend the last year putting up with FS’s BS.

2 Likes

I mean wouldn’t it be fair for pc players to have option to turn off crossplay since xbox players have option to turn off crossplay?