WoM is a bit meh in some aspects

Zealot has a talent now that increases healing effects with each stack of passive. You can generate massive amounts of temp health still.
Just no extra with ulti.

2 Likes

Well zealot is even more stupidly broken right now,but he was from start braindead carrier

Because someone still has to pay $20 for Beastmen and a Single map. I think the asking price of $20 is absurd. The Bogenhafen and Back to Ubershriek maps just appear randomly in quickplay for free, if someone purchases it they can select them directly, and those DLCs add multiple maps (even if I still think the Bogenhafen is lacking). I think it’s overpriced for what it is and the changes that are just coming with it are weird.

I’ve heard about that and didn’t quite understand how the talent worked just by reading it alone. So that is actually pretty awesome.

1 Like

Well I never said anything about the asking price. :slight_smile: I meant it when I said I am arguing business model alone. Now I personally find it worth to me but I never argued that it’s for everybody. Mainly just a way to support developer who’s game I’ve played far above the asking price of the base game but again, all I was arguing was that the business model goes above and beyond to be fair.

1 Like

I disagree. Now the basics of “one person has DLC any who play while the person is hosting can experience it” is a good think, it’s something that has been in gaming for a long while and is honestly kind of expected at this point. No knocks for doing it though, but you mention business model several times. Business model includes pricing of things. I don’t like the price of things. We just disagree there and don’t seem to want to talk about it.

Anyway, you think things are fine as is, while I do not.

I think FatShark has done a fantastic thing with their DLC. It’s vastly superior to, let’s say, Destiny 2 or WoW or Diablo where DLC content is strictly behind the pay-wall. Vermintide is doing it much more akin to the classic co-op DLC style which is a welcome and lovely pace :slight_smile:

No one should “expect” good treatment; doing so demands more from someone who was trying to do good in the first place. It devalues the efforts of someone trying to help and instead demands more of them.

Lastly: I finally sat down and played through like 6 runs of Legend last night… and every single one was a blast. I LOVE the new spacing on hordes, the beastmen are absolutely righteous to fight against, their archers have super unique but non-intrusive animations/signals to their attacks, the Bestigors look freaking awesome, and health is now an actual issue so it feels like the pressure is on, even with the smallest of engagements. Outstanding!

1 Like

I fundamentally disagree with this statement.

Rather, forgive me, let me rephrase.

No one should expect above average treatment. We often confuse “good” treatment as a standard when, in reality, average is the standard (hence why it is called average). Above average, or “good,” is not expected but should instead be appreciated.

Receiving roses from a loved one with a hand-written card is a wonderful expression of love; if you come to expect it, you are demanding a lot of them. It should not be a standard; they should be recognized for trying to make a greater effort than what would normally be expected.

2 Likes

As a consumer I still disagree with this reasoning you have. I also don’t see how the rose metaphor is relevant to what you are saying or WoM.

Everyone having to buy the DLC is average.

1 person buying it and the other 3 getting to play without paying is above average.

The rose metaphor was to demonstrate that average is acceptable and above average should never be demanded/expected.

As a consumer, expecting something just because someone has been nice enough to provide it in the past doesn’t mean you can undervalue it now. Much like expecting roses from a loved one, it devalues their efforts. Forgive me if I’m being a bit wordy :slight_smile:

So something happening enough to be considered an average, isn’t an average and should be considered a good thing? Especially when this good thing is priced higher for less content than most of the other things that could be considered the average?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.