Winds of Magic worth it?

Not worth it.
Refunded it right now. Way too little for way too much, combined with how unpolished and unfinished it feels, on top of the already 1 million existing bugs (and undoubtedly tons added with this).

1 Like

It really is in my opinion, I figure going the movies can run ya up to 60 bucks if you splurge on popcorn candy and drinks, thatā€™s about 2 hours of entertainment.

This game has given me 1100+ hours, heh.
Value is percieved differently by different folks (like me mother used taā€™ say)

Iā€™m so glad this finally came out >:]

4 Likes

Iā€™ve bought the DLC just so I can play the new map, and I donā€™t like the map to be honest. Weā€™ve had better maps in previous DLCs. So basically Iā€™ve paid for a new race that I like and a new map that I donā€™t like.
Iā€™m not interested in weavesā€¦ Ok, Iā€™m half lying, Iā€™m interested in portraits from Weaves, but not the weaves themselves.

This is the first time that Iā€™m disappointed in the DLC that Fat Shark delivered.

4 Likes

More to the point - does WOM have content that you want to financially reward, and thus encourage FS to repeat their performance?

IMO, thatā€™s a big big ā€œNope.ā€

9 Likes

Well, considering you play on console (allegedly), the Expansion isnā€™t available yet anyway.

Who knows, maybe by the time of the console release (which Julia has said to be by the end of 2019), there will have been some updates in the interim that would make the expansion better.

2 Likes

You know what? I bought it too, but for a half ofprice, because in my opinion this is worth this DLC. How did I do that? I donā€™t tell but there are some waysā€¦ :wink:

is the max power for equipement still 300 ? or did it get upped to 350 as the new level cap ? because I would not enjoy farming max power reds all over againā€¦

I think the equipment power stays the same. Only the power from levels is increasing so youā€™ll have 650 total.

1 Like

Iā€™d say that the extra 50power comes from the additional 5 levels, which you will have to lvl up.

Is WoM worth it?

I havenā€™t even paid for it, and the new mechanics and change to the gameplay has - for the first time - made me ragequit the game so Iā€™m very very resentful of the ā€œhandful of elite gamersā€ who have been the target market for this expansion and resulted in this object lesson in how to alienate 90% of your playerbase. Iā€™ve seen Beastmen, played the new map, checked out new talents, died to stupid hits and got stabbed by rats Iā€™ve literally just clobbered with a hammer. Iā€™ve had more fun rearranging the contents of my shed.

In conclusion, everything I have experienced so far is completely free ā€¦ and itā€™s still not worth it.

But this isnā€™t news to anyone who wasted time and effort in the Beta testing. Instead of commenting and giving feedback in the beta I suggest next time you go and do something productive - like rearrange your shed.

18 Likes

Wise words, sir. All reviews during the beta were pointless and proved to be a waste of time and effort of some great people.
Maybe this will be a lesson for the future. And unfortunately, it turned out that FS are also a developer who can not be believed to listen to their community.

4 Likes

As much as i criticized this mindset in the closed beta i really cannot but agree currently that its exactly how iā€™m also feeling right now ā€¦
Talents, beastman some weapons etc are still literally as broken as they were in closed betas even tough the had good month to try and fix these issues -.-
Maybe they needed just more time but its really disappointing to see absolutely nothing changed for the better.

5 Likes

Offcourse it worth itā€¦ Please guys be realistic, some of you expect some gaming company to relase top tier product but you not wish to pay. Honestly I buyed dozens 70 euro games from other companies which was dwarf compared to vermintide series.

Fatshark is one of my favorite company, just look their games and compare it to others: no pay to win , no stinky micro-transaction, no subscription, they keep their games challanging and worth playing, be realistic somehow they must buy their bread. They ask money only when they relase something new, and even than they not force people to buy new content, you can still play old content at top tier. For me as for customer Fatshark is one of fairest company in gaming industry outthere. I will feel bad if I not support them, specialy when I see other gaming companies how they taking money for low quality products.

Winds of magic is AWESOME, new Weave system is basicly Diablo 3 rifts in vermintide style = endless carrot on stick for players, and endless fun. Graphic wise, lore wise, Gameplay wise, enjoy wise, Winds of magic is one TOP TIER product, it worth to gief that money just to support devs like fats to continue products like this. Game cost like 4 beers anywayā€¦ /cheers

4 Likes

i played the beta and i always closed it, frustrated, after a short while.

since nothing much changed since then, i dont expect anything else for the live release.

changing so many things that people like about the current gameplay is at best a questionable design choice

6 Likes

Iā€™ve yet to see any evidence of this elite group that simultaneously likes the changes to the core game. Most of the elite players Iā€™ve seen at least wanted Cataclysm but hated the new mechanics.

5 Likes

Well I like changes, not everyone but most of them especially to stagger and dodge, and cata is something I would like to give a try later

1 Like